Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supervalu no longer accepting pigsback coupons

• 29-03-2012 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Just noticed on the pigs back.com site that super value are no longer accepting coupons.

Are they still accepting the bubblegum.ie ones ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I knew this day would come!

Well supervalu, all the best with your choice as i wont be using your stores anymore.

Anyone agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Access wrote: »

Well supervalu, all the best with your choice as i wont be using your stores anymore.

Anyone agree?

That's a shame and a real backward step for couponing. I too will have to vote with my feet.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

RATS and I after getting their 2 x E10 off vouchers this morning:(

unfortunately i am not surprised though, there were a few dubious coupons being used esp that pizza one which was being redeemed by stores other than SV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

RATS and I after getting their 2 x E10 off vouchers this morning:(

They would prob accept there own SV coupons Hairy... id say you would have no problem there.

I agree with you there, they will accept their own, but this mornings plan was to go in with pigsback coupons etc and then get an additional discount when combined with the E10 vouchers

it will also affect my choice of store as well, as it was the ability to combine offers and coupons as to why i went to SV, shame but not surprised :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Well it'll be interesting to see if all stores enforce this. My local supervalu has never given me any trouble using them - in fact they are incredibly couponer friendly. I also have quite a few pigsbacks coupons - when I printed them the site said they were accepted ... so for now I will continue to try to use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Access wrote: »

Anyone agree?

I started recently to shop a supervalu because of here people posting what was on offer I rarely would have gone in before probably wont now I use more pigsback coupons than any others It wouldnt be worth the hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭uli84

no difference to me, always had trouble with them accepting any sort of coupons ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Has anyone asked Pigsback why Supervalu are no longer accepting coupons? Would be interested to know.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Has anyone asked Pigsback why Supervalu are no longer accepting coupons? Would be interested to know.

I email Pigsback a couple of days ago and here is the reply I got today:

Hi ?????
    Apologies for the delay in response. Unfortunately the supervalue coupons have been recinded with imediate as the coupons were being copied and there were too many replica's being produced which has caused complications for both Pigsback and supervalue so the easiest thing to do was stop it at the source.
    Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
    Kind Regards
    John

Seems to be as we suspected.
    (You'd think someone at Pigsback could have checked his spelling for him before he pressed the send button!);)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

Binka wrote: »
    Unfortunately the supervalue coupons have been recinded with imediate as the coupons were being copied and there were too many replica's being produced which has caused complications for both Pigsback and supervalue so the easiest thing to do was stop it at the source.

Shocker. Thanks Binka.

That is interesting feedback from Pigsback. I wonder what they mean by "replicas". Do you think people are making fake coupons for other products?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

donnacha wrote: »
    That is interesting feedback from Pigsback. I wonder what they mean by "replicas". Do you think people are making fake coupons for other products?
    looks like people were just printing numerous copies of the same coupon with the same security id

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Pigsback issues generic coupons not specific Supervalu coupons, therefore does that mean Supervalu were losing out on some money on copied coupons?
    How long before other supermarkets have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Pigsback issues generic coupons not specific Supervalu coupons, therefore does that mean Supervalu were losing out on some money on copied coupons?

It is bad form by couponers to be used copied Pigsback Vouchers anyway. If couponers continue to do it, I cannot blame Tesco, Super Valu or Dunnes for opting out.

It may be seen as bad form by them, but there are just reacting

.., therefore does that mean Supervalu were losing out on some money on copied coupons?

I'm assuming that he's saying Pigsback didn't pay out on the duplicates. However, the duplicated coupons are presumably linked to various members accounts seeing as they are all named and numbered. So you'd think Pigsback would take action and close member accounts that were abusing the system and honour the coupons to the supermarkets. After all, they'd still have to pay them if they'd have printed them out legitimately in vast quantities. Either way, it's a blow for couponing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭brian_t

Unfortunately the supervalue coupons have been recinded with imediate as the coupons were being copied and there were too many replica's being produced which has caused complications for both Pigsback and supervalue so the easiest thing to do was stop it at the source.
    I'm assuming that he's saying Pigsback didn't pay out on the duplicates.

It's not Pigsback that redeems the coupons - it's the Manufacturers.
    Curiously he didn't mention them at all.

brian_t wrote: »
    It's not Pigsback that redeems the coupons - it's the Manufacturers.
    Curiously he didn't mention them at all.

Hmm..good point brian_t. So it must be a particular manufacturer unhappy that the coupons are not unique which means it won't only be Supervalu not getting reimbursed properly. I hope this problem doesn't go any deeper or it will be the end of sites like Pigsback and all we'll be left with is "register for 1 coupon" sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Should there be a better/bigger warning on the pigsback site re duplicates??. I printed and used a fair few of them unknowingly before reading on this forum that it wasnt allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ghostkiller

my wife worked in a local super value and many times the mannager cashed pigsback coupons and put the money in his pocket and there was also a person who used to come into the shop and cash in coupons some times to the value to 150 euro and just walk out with out even doing any shopping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

I was informed this morning by a manager at Dunnes Stores, Oakville, Clonmel, that they no longer accept Pigsback Coupons. She didn't say why, only that it was a recent decision. Has anyone else been had this experience when trying to use their coupons at Dunnes Stores?

It clearly states on the Pigsback website that Dunnes Stores accept the coupons.

Barnet wrote: »
    I was informed this morning by a manager at Dunnes Stores, Oakville, Clonmel, that they no longer accept Pigsback Coupons.

Acceptance of coupons is at the discretion of each individual store. In the event that staff refuse to accept your coupons please ask to talk to the store manager. If the store manager advises that the store does not accept them, let us know the name and address of the store our marketing team will then send out information about Pigsback.com grocery coupons to encourage them to accept!

http://www.pigsback.com/Pages/3/39/218.aspx?pbq=403%2c403%2cVOVTN

You should contact Pigsback and tell them of the refusal and naming the store.
    Go to this page and click "Contact Support"

http://help.pigsback.com/knowledgebase/articles/43335-a-supermarket-refused-to-accept-my-coupon-

brian_t wrote: »
    Acceptance of coupons is at the discretion of each individual store. In the event that staff refuse to accept your coupons please ask to talk to the store manager. If the store manager advises that the store does not accept them, let us know the name and address of the store our marketing team will then send out information about Pigsback.com grocery coupons to encourage them to accept!

http://www.pigsback.com/Pages/3/39/218.aspx?pbq=403%2c403%2cVOVTN

You should contact Pigsback and tell them of the refusal and naming the store.
    Go to this page and click "Contact Support"

http://help.pigsback.com/knowledgebase/articles/43335-a-supermarket-refused-to-accept-my-coupon-

Thank you Brian t.

I emailed Pigsback this afternoon. I will post back when I receive a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

I hope this isnt the start of things to come, I would hate to see stores not accepting these coupons.

just in case the thread title is putting off people attempting to use pigsback coupons at supervalu I have found that my local supervalu are still accepting pigsback coupons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

donnacha wrote: »
    just in case the thread title is putting off people attempting to use pigsback coupons at supervalu I have found that my local supervalu are still accepting pigsback coupons.

How is your store still accepting them? Who knows:

I'd imagine SV head office have informed all its local branches not to accept them. Sometimes things get missed, lost, or just not heard.

Do you realise that the tokens in the till are worthless to SV? Pigsback clearly state they are no longer accepted in SV. Therefore they cannot worth the paper they are printed on.

I dont work in retail but i cant see it working any other way.

I'd hate to be the manager in that shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭stephen812

I work in the Accounts Dept. of a Super Valu and as yet we have received no info from either Musgraves or Pigsback to say that the Pigsback coupons are no longer valid.

So they are still accepted in our store, we return coupons for credit every 2 weeks and haven't had any problems so far.

themadchef wrote: »
    Do you realise that the tokens in the till are worthless to SV? Pigsback clearly state they are no longer accepted in SV. Therefore they cannot worth the paper they are printed on.

Acceptance of coupons is at the discretion of each individual store.

The shops policy on accepting coupons is not dictated by Pigsback but by the Shop manager.

As long as the shop has accepted the coupon in a proper manner then the manufacturer will of course redeem it.

my local super valu take the coupons and when this thread started I asked the manager if they were accepting pigsback and he said of course as long as they were in date and for the item purchased

on another note, it is not just Dunnes, Tesco or Superquinn that accept pigsback, independent stores can accept them as well and a while back there was an option on pigsback where retailers could contact/register with pigsback and accept the coupons in their own stores

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Why would pigsback take it off the coupon then? If SV are still accepting them.

It makes no sense at all.

Apologies donnacha, fire away. If the people who work in SV post in here and are saying to keep shipping them into the local shops then who am i to say different.

themadchef wrote: »
    Why would pigsback take it off the coupon then? If SV are still accepting them.

Pigsback haven't taken anything off the coupon. Only the general term "Retailers" is mentioned on the coupon.

Pigsback are happy for any or all shops to accept their coupons but obviously only the big three (Tesco, SQ and Dunnes) seem to have an official policy of accepting them.

Barnet wrote: »
    I was informed this morning by a manager at Dunnes Stores, Oakville, Clonmel, that they no longer accept Pigsback Coupons. She didn't say why, only that it was a recent decision. Has anyone else been had this experience when trying to use their coupons at Dunnes Stores?

It clearly states on the Pigsback website that Dunnes Stores accept the coupons.

Today, I used my Pigsback coupons in Dunnes Stores Davis road Clonmel where they had no problem accepting them, unlike my experience on Sunday at their Oakville rd Clonmel store!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Supervalu Tuam accepted Pigsback coupons this morning.

Advertisement