Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swans Home

Options
  • 29-03-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Must win, simples.
    Brad, Walker Kaboul,Gallas,BAE,Modric,Parker,Sandro,Bale,VDV,Adebayor.

I thought Livermore was excellent the other night but stuck Sandro in for a change and I like him. Went with the 2 defensive central players because swansea play good football and we'll need to be strong and disciplined.
    Niko out of favour seemingly, and hopefully lennon is on the mend and will be back soon.

3-1 home win, vdv to score and go on a run of goals between now and season end.

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Must win, simples.
    Brad, Walker Kaboul,Gallas,BAE,Modric,Parker,Sandro,VDV,Adebayor.

I thought Livermore was excellent the other night but stuck Sandro in for a change and I like him. Went with the 2 defensive central players because swansea play good football and we'll need to be strong and disciplined.
    Niko out of favour seemingly, and hopefully lennon is on the mend and will be back soon.

3-1 home win, vdv to score and go on a run of goals between now and season end.

COYS

I'd rather see us go with 11 players from the start tbh, plus Bale surely deserves a run in the team :D

Apart from that I'd go with the side named above. Caulker is ineligible for them which helps us out. 3 points is the priority but a good performance would be great to continue the momentum we've recaptured in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm heading over for this one so would like to see a big win for Spurs,Swansea should make it a good game of football anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

swansea will try and play football against us so that should see us find lots of space on the wings. lennon to start so 3-1 to spurs

by the way, reported yesterday that ade is not going to accept the deal we are offering and mancini has come out sayin that modric is one of the best players in the premier league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Swansea try and play football which should make for a good game ... they outplayed us earlier in the season with Joe Allan being their main playmaker ..

Would play with 2 DM's with one of them constantly in the face of Allan to stop him from playing ... then let us try to do our destructive best at the other end.

Not too bothered if Ade signs for us or not .. far too inconsistent .. when he's good he's extremely good ..when he's bad he's virtually invisible.
    I'm sure there are better strikers out there ..somewhere

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

mickman wrote: »
    by the way, reported yesterday that ade is not going to accept the deal we are offering and mancini has come out sayin that modric is one of the best players in the premier league

Mancini can say whatever he likes. If we get the Champions League spot, he won't be going anywhere. As for Ade, i'd like him to stay as he's been great, but i'd also like someone who finishes their chances better then he does.

As for Sunday, it should be a good game. Swansea play some good football, but lack the players to pull it off at times. Our defense should be strong enough to handle most of what they throw as us, and give our attacking players plenty of room to play as they like. Really hope Lennon is fit to start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Confirmed Lennon is back in squad for sunday. Thats super news , we have a much better shape to the team when he is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That's great news. In that case I'd start with Modric and Parker in the middle. We're at home and shouldn't be accommodating their play - it should be the other way around. Let's go for the kill straight away and show that the performance on Tuesday wasn't a once off. Lennon and Bale on the wings - give them something to seriously think/worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'd rather see us go with 11 players from the start tbh, plus Bale surely deserves a run in the team :D

:D just making sure your tuned in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Well tuned in. I fancy Bale to get the first goal tbh. Agree with your Livermore assessment too, he really is coming on nicely.

I still think 3rd is not out of the question. We turned a big corner with the Chelsea result and the way we played. Now we are virtually camped in good old London apart from a trip up to Birmingham. I expect us to flourish.

Come on you Spurs :)

Seillejet wrote: »
    Well tuned in. I fancy Bale to get the first goal tbh. Agree with your Livermore assessment too, he really is coming on nicely.

I still think 3rd is not out of the question. We turned a big corner with the Chelsea result and the way we played. Now we are virtually camped in good old London apart from a trip up to Birmingham. I expect us to flourish.

Come on you Spurs :)

Don't forget sunderland which wont be easy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We've to go away to Bolton and Villa too, both difficult places to go these days.

Swansea shouldn't be taken lightly at all! They are a very good team and play excellent football. I wouldn't be surprised to see them dominating the posession stats, even at WHL. I watched them vs Fulham a week or two back and I mean to say they destroyed them. They looked so assured with the ball, and controlled the game. This was at Craven Cottage for those wondering, and they also won 3-0. We need to go out in the right frame of mind for this game, it will be a much harder game than Bolton, but there is no reason why we shouldn't win it, especially if Lennon makes his return.
    I know it probably won't be a popular opinion but I hope Parker drops to the bench, he's excellent in the way he consistently breaks up play, but going forward brutal doesn't even begin to describe him. Sandro can do a better job imo, but I very much doubt Harry will see it that way. Probable team (providing Lennon returns);
    Friedal
    Walker -- King -- Kaboul -- BAE
    Lennon -- Parker -- Modric -- Bale
    vdV
    Adebayor.

And I hope to fcuk Bale stays out the wing and stops coming into the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

THFC wrote: »
    We've to go away to Bolton and Villa too, both difficult places to go these days.

Swansea shouldn't be taken lightly at all! They are a very good team and play excellent football. I wouldn't be surprised to see them dominating the posession stats, even at WHL. I watched them vs Fulham a week or two back and I mean to say they destroyed them. They looked so assured with the ball, and controlled the game. This was at Craven Cottage for those wondering, and they also won 3-0. We need to go out in the right frame of mind for this game, it will be a much harder game than Bolton, but there is no reason why we shouldn't win it, especially if Lennon makes his return.
    I know it probably won't be a popular opinion but I hope Parker drops to the bench, he's excellent in the way he consistently breaks up play, but going forward brutal doesn't even begin to describe him. Sandro can do a better job imo, but I very much doubt Harry will see it that way. Probable team (providing Lennon returns);
    Friedal
    Walker -- King -- Kaboul -- BAE
    Lennon -- Parker -- Modric -- Bale
    vdV
    Adebayor.

And I hope to fcuk Bale stays out the wing and stops coming into the middle.

I like Sandro for away game but he lacks pace. All good complaints though. Swansea are too inconsistent for me. I really see us beating them by two goals. Momentum back with us. Hopefully I havent put the kobblers on it.

Qpr have done us a big favour today. Opens 3rd place right back up!

Arse lose, win tomorrow and 3rd is back on

Chelsea had good win today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Come on Spurs lets get out of this damn rut and put five past them!!
    Friedel
    Walker--Kaboul--King--Benny

--Sandro/Livermore--Parker
    VDV
    Bale
    Ade

Then swith to 4-4-2 in the second half hopefully after going 2-3 up and give Lennon a run out.

Really want to treat Lennon with care, can't decide between Sandro and Livermore either.

I think we should start 4-2-3-1 and control the game like we did against Bolton.

lennon needs to start imo tomorrow

beat swans by 3 goals and we above the scum again. Simples

Arsenal have City and Chelski to come in next couple of weeks:D

Harry saying to the papers again that Luca could go during the summer. Wenger would never say that about van persie

Harry saying to the papers again that Luca could go during the summer. Wenger would never say that about van persie

Spot on, absolute fcuking clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I feel we need these 3 points big time, we have to get ahead of arsenal when they play and hopefully drop points against their tough games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Which paper/s is this in ?
    is it a direct quote?

cheers mickman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Saha intead of Ade up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Saha intead of Ade up front.

Is this confirmed team news?

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Is this confirmed team news?
    No.
    Team;
    Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Sandro; van der Vaart, Modric, Bale; Adebayor.
    Subs;
    Cudicini, Nelsen, Rose, Lennon, Livermore, Defoe, Saha.

davycc wrote: »
    Which paper/s is this in ?
    is it a direct quote?

cheers mickman

yes direct quote. all over papers yesterday. I have always liked harry but this talk out of him just has to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

yes direct quote. all over papers yesterday. I have always liked harry but this talk out of him just has to stop

ah jaysus it has to stop asap! I dont want to have to sit through this transfer window speculation cr@p all over again:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 southlower13

Saw that in todays observer which is normally quite reliable ,he really needs to keep his mouth shut sometimes..

our shape in midfield? we all over the place first 10 minutes, if lennon fit he should be in the team for sandro

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

cracker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yes, nice one

Getting slaughtered out there :(

HA 1-0!!!!!!! vdV soooo undeserved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

See what happens when you stay where you belong Bale? Super by VDV!

Advertisement