Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swans Home

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Great result, Must mention that i thought Swansea were also superb. No one has come to the lane and dominated possesion like they did. I dont think Brendan Rodgers did himself any harm if he is looking to replace Harold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Was always going to be a tough game .. and tough game it was ..

We deserved to win as we created more attacking chances, but Swansea pass the ball about lovely and fully deserve their premiership place. I hope its not just a one season wonder for Swansea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Really good performance yesterday, should have been up by a few more goals in the first half. I concede we did and do miss Lennon, I was wrong. Swansea play some lovely football and don’t revert to hoofing the ball or dirty tactics, Brendan Rodgers came across impeccably in his interview. Still, he has a long way to go until he proves himself at the top. One good season doesn’t mean jack.

I was on Ade’s back throughout the whole game, he scored two yesterday, so that shut my big trap right up. For me I haven’t been convinced with him, he shows flashes now and then. I wouldn’t be aggrieved if we didn’t sign him on a permanent deal. Not for the wages being touted around, if the rags are correct?

Here’s what I don’t like about him.

1.Bar yesterday, he very rarely wins the ball in the air
    2.Not strong enough for a big guy, goes down far too easily, often like a baby gazelle.
    4.Has a terrible first touch and looks clumsy - not always.
    5.Has a powder puff shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I was on Ade’s back throughout the whole game, he scored two yesterday, so that shut my big trap right up. For me I haven’t been convinced with him, he shows flashes now and then. I wouldn’t be aggrieved if we didn’t sign him on a permanent deal. Not for the wages being touted around, if the rags are correct?

Here’s what I don’t like about him.

1.Bar yesterday, he very rarely wins the ball in the air
    2.Not strong enough for a big guy, goes down far too easily, often like a baby gazelle.
    4.Has a terrible first touch and looks clumsy - not always.
    5.Has a powder puff shot.

I would sign Adebayor in the morning - great work rate, holds the ball up well as a single striker - compare him with Crouch!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

ade is a very good player and played a stormer away to chelsea but and this is the big but, he aint worth 170k a week.

If he agreed to take 80k like vdv etc then he is worth that but 170 is too much. In my opinion for that kind of money you need to hit 30 goals a season, every season.

Rooney cant be on much more than that for gods sake and rooney is far better than ade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

BERBA wrote: »
    Disagree with that. Game was crying out for lennon, why didnt harry start him? sandro and parker shouldnt be in the same team.

Lennon Parker Modric Bale...and take it from there. SIMPLE

He was out for a while with a hamstring strain so it would be unwise to play him from the start imo. Hamstring problems can have a big correlation with player fatigue so good to ease him back in gently i think. Another week of training under his belt and hopefully be fit to start next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

There are games where we have to use both Parker and Sandro in the same team .. Chelsea away being one ... Swansea was another for the 1st half at least .. otherwise we end up being overrun in midfield.
    Also whilst Lennon is getting back to full fitness, its ideal to bring him on for the last 20-25 minutes as the opposition gets tired and then he can run amok

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

galinka wrote: »
    I would sign Adebayor in the morning - great work rate, holds the ball up well as a single striker - compare him with Crouch!!!!

No comparison in fairness. Id try sign him on another loan, not sure id break the bank for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I wouldn't pay his wages , in fact id barely pay a third of his rumoured wages but i would splash out some big bucks to sign him.

I still think we should chance Torres in the summer. Chelsea might be looking to cut their losses on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Eh, Torres. No ta. Just watched him against Benefica. Shocking!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

id take torres if the price was right. you dont become a bad player over night or over a bad year. maybe chelsea style isnt best suited to him or something isnt right but i think on his day he is a smashing player

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I honestly think if he hadn't of missed that open goal against utd (shocking as it was) he could have got 15/20 goals this season. he looked pretty much back to his best that day.

Advertisement