Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands you used to dislike...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

rcaz wrote: »
    I find Mogwai a bit boring.

Whatever Mogwai do, I'll always love them for this. Listen to it loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I like a bit of Black Sabbath, they're supposed to have started the Doom Metal thing aren't they?

I've listened to a bit of Sunn O))), wasn't that into it. I like what Boris stuff I've heard. I find Mogwai a bit boring. Am I talking the right language here? :pac:

These guys are a good example of the stuff I'm on about...

It's good walking music, ha.. it's got some weird hypnotic grove.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Didn't like The Smiths as a teenager, didn't warm to Morrissey's voice and I was really into big guitar solos and stuff so Marr didn't appeal to me either.
    Sweet Jesus was I wrong on that one.

Same here, just couldn't get into The Smiths or Echo and the Bunnymen -
    It took a while to warm to Joy Division as well -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I like a bit of Black Sabbath, they're supposed to have started the Doom Metal thing aren't they?

I've listened to a bit of Sunn O))), wasn't that into it. I like what Boris stuff I've heard. I find Mogwai a bit boring. Am I talking the right language here? :pac:
    Sunn O))) are best listened to LOUD, pretty much at full volume and on headphones. There's a lot of textures in their music that seem to disappear at lower volumes and through speakers. It takes a while to get into the groove of them but it's worth it. Boris are also amazing and have plenty of variety to offer, from their pounding hard rock songs to their slow and droning instrumental pieces.
    smokedeels wrote: »
    These guys are a good example of the stuff I'm on about...

It's good walking music, ha.. it's got some weird hypnotic grove.

Good call on Electric Wizard. I used to listen to a lot of metal in my teens but grew out of it for a while when I hit my twenties. However discovering bands like Electric Wizard, Sleep, Acid King, Drudkh and Agalloch restored my faith in metal and proved that there was more to it than cheesy posturing and br00tal shredding. Metal isn't just for angry teens after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Now Sunn0)))), that is a load of noise. :pac: Brrrrrmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Johnny Cash. Thought he was a one trick pony living off ring of fire haha oh youth.

Advertisement