Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC and dodgy sales staff

• 29-03-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I subscribe to UPC's broadband only service. No TV or phone subscription.

Up to Dec 2011 I was charged €32.74 per month for my 20Mb connection. I decided to go online yesterday to check my bills. I was surprised to find my monthly bill had increased by approx €12 per month.

I rang UPC to find out what was going on. They told me I upgraded to the 25Mb subscription in January. A surprise to me as I never asked for or consented to increasing my broadband speed let alone pay extra for the privilege.

I enquired as to what documentation, email etc they have from me asking for this service. I was told that a salesperson had called to my house and they put in the request. Now, I do remember someone from UPC calling to my house with the hard sell. I explicitly told them I was not interested at all. In fact, I despise people calling to my house trying to sell me anything so will always say no regardless.

While UPC have told me they would "look into it", I have my suspicions that this salesperson works on commission and thought I wouldn't notice an extra few quid leaving my account and so put in the upgrade request.

Be warned!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Probably forged your signature. Demand a copy of this January contract that they allegedly rely on and be prepared to formally complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

kkelly77

Obviously would love to get this resolved for you. I am heading off now on anual leave. Can you please send an email with your details to my colleague Eamonn on social@upc.ie and we will chase this up for you immediately

Thanks a million

Regards

Jason

Advertisement