Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application

Options
  • 29-03-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I need some help with my mortgage application. So we just received planning permission and have a meeting set up with the bank next week, we are not sure what to ask for, our QS has said the build will cost 250 thousand at the very most (self build) we could build it for 200 thousand if we watch it very carefully, we also have a 15% deposit. What should we be asking for ?? Any ideas. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Bobs77 wrote: »
    Hi, I need some help with my mortgage application. So we just received planning permission and have a meeting set up with the bank next week, we are not sure what to ask for, our QS has said the build will cost 250 thousand at the very most (self build) we could build it for 200 thousand if we watch it very carefully, we also have a 15% deposit. What should we be asking for ?? Any ideas. Thanks.

Find out how much the bank are willing to lend to you based on your incomes and proven repayment ability. Once you know that fIgure you can adjust your spend accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bobs77

Thank you, im new to this, so still finding my feet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Bobs77 wrote: »
    Thank you, im new to this, so still finding my feet :)

No problem at all, if you've any other questions at any stage feel free to ask!

Advertisement