Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FFS Flynn's wife gets €100k from State for land bought with 'corrupt' cash

• 29-03-2012 10:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

This is just getting more and more sickening everyday, these corrupt connected people just keep getting away with this type of ****e.

http://www.herald.ie/news/flynns-wife-gets-100k-from-state-for-land-bought-corrupt-cash-3065776.html

THE wife of corrupt Padraig Flynn is set to pocket €100,000 in State payments, Dorothy Flynn is still entitled to thousands of euro in forestry grants -- paid for entirely by the taxpayer.

The couple have been receiving lucrative State payments each year in return for cultivating a forest in Co Mayo.

According to the Mahon Tribunal, part of the 100-acre site was bought in Mrs Flynn name in 1998 using IR£50,000 that was intended as a donation for Fianna Fail.

Despite the damning findings against Mr Flynn, the Department of Agriculture cannot stop the annual forestry payments.
    And even if the Mayo farm is eventually seized by the Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB), Mrs Flynn may withhold a legal entitlement to the forest itself.

Mrs Flynn, mother of former TD Beverley Cooper Flynn, has already received in the region of €220,000 in State assistance to grow trees on the farm, located close to Killala in north Mayo.

She received an installation grant of €65,000 from the Department of Agriculture in 1998 -- which was used to plant the trees, as well as fencing and maintaining the forest.

She received a further installation grant of €21,700 in 2002 and in the region of €134,000 in premium top-ups.

She is entitled to receive these top-ups until 2020 -- which could net her close to €100,000 in taxpayers' funds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

A 99% tax on that would be a lot more just than the household charge..

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

in before flynn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

:)
    I Smile or Cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭policarp

Must be very tough trying to run a farm and houses in Dublin, Brussels and Mayo. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I want to tell you OP, try it sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Why can't they send CAB in?

The Haugheys could do with a dose of them to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

As I've said to deaf ears on Politics, this is why I oppose the household charge (and any other new taxes they might bring in).

Not one cent more should be taken away from ordinary people until we get an absolute guarantee that this corrupt BS will end, and end fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The Haugheys could do with a dose of them to.

Why?

Seán Haughey is a decent and very quiet man, almost shy. Always around his local area and he's not a TD anymore

He's nothing at all like CJ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Why?

Seán Haughey is a decent and very quiet man, almost shy. Always around his local area and he's not a TD anymore

The haugheys should have had all their assets seized when that corrupt cnut was found out.

Sean, has led a privileged life. He has, after all, lived well off his father's ill-gotten money and is destined to inherit more than a few million pounds.

So what does Sean Haughey the politician stand for? His big interests are reforming local government, the environment, and improving the traffic and housing infrastructure in Dublin. So how do these views fit in with the sale of Kinsealy to property developers? (A deal from which Sean and his siblings will make millions).

Larchfield Securities, the company formed in the early 70s to look after the interests of the Haughey family. The directors of Larchfield include Ms. Emer Mulhearn, Ciarán Haughey, Sean Haughey and Conor Haughey.

Cairn Ryan, who did the accounts for Larchfield, told the tribunal that the company's assets include a property and lands at Kilmuckridge, Co Wexford, the island of Inishvickillaun, a house and lands in Co Sligo, the Celtic Mist Yacht and shares in Celtic Helicopters.

Mr. Ryan said all these assets were gifts from Charles Haughey to the Haughey children.
    He described it as "not a normal" company. Larchfield had no bank account, no chequebook, nor any funds for the purchasing of shares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

If this man isn't arrested for fraud then this country truly is a corrupt backwater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

Class act!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Good on her, the system is there to be milked. FG are every bit as rotten, you only had to look at Enda licking up to a bigger crook last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Why?

He did benifit from criminal assets though.

woodoo wrote: »
    If this man isn't arrested for fraud then this country truly is a corrupt backwater.

Do you think he will be arrested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This type of parasite has been leeching off the state since its foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i see there is no political uproar about this, like there is to the poor sods who won't pay 100 household charge.

No shouting about sending these lot to jail.

I wonder why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I would love to think this man is going to jail, but he wont.

I cannot understand how the grants will not be able to be stopped. he stole 50 grand. Surely his pension should be cancelled as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

woodoo wrote: »

If they haven't done Mr Ahern over his forestry antics (and he did MUCH worse with Collite) while he was also at the same time working for (and still is) a Swiss bank who was/is trying to buy state forestry land (even then, was a conflict of duty) at extreme too low a price (and a possibility of passing confidential state info to the bank!), they will never touch this small fry!

...But never mind, the fools of this state will still elect the same crap TD's who will do nothing, again and again like obeying, blind lead idiots!

This country reaps what its stupidly sows.

...Then in even more signs of stupidity, scratches its head in wonder later, at how such things and further corruption managed to come about!

There is a certain bunch of people in this state that are weak livered, oft time too procrastinating blind stupid idiots.
    There is no point any more about being polite about them. They are idiots, plain and simple!

Biggins wrote: »
    If they haven't done Mr Ahern over his forestry antics (and he did MUCH worse with Collite) while he was also at the same time working for (and still is) a Swiss bank who was/is trying to buy state forestry land (even then, was a conflict of duty) at extreme too low a price (and a possibility of passing confidential state info to the bank!), they will never touch this small fry!

...But never mind, the fools of this state will still elect the same crap TD's who will do nothing, again and again like obeying, blind lead idiots!

This country reaps what its stupidly sows.

...Then in even more signs of stupidity, scratches its head in wonder later, at how such things and further corruption managed to come about!

There is a certain bunch of people in this state that are weak livered, oft time too procrastinating blind stupid idiots.
    There is no point any more about being polite about them. They are idiots, plain and simple!

As I posted elsewhere
    We need a revolution.

We need a new justice system, constitution, education overhaul, banking overhaul, a reassessment of our natural resource contracts, internment laws, and a new health and social welfare system.

As is it our country and our children have no future, unless this government cuts waste immediately.

Its about time I got my retired buddies together for a bit of hunting

• Advertisement

i see there is no political uproar about this, like there is to the poor sods who won't pay 100 household charge.

No shouting about sending these lot to jail.

I wonder why

As biggins explained is why!

Some people in this country give unconditional respect to certain institutions wheter they be the government, the gaurds or the church. This unconditional respect has led to certain institutions see theirselves as untouchable. The sense of entitlment that goes along with that has cost this country our reputation in most aspects. Simply put a lot of Irish have a attitude of nothing can be done, social welfare fraud is worse, corruption isnt widespread or an attitude of indifference. For me the sh1t hit the fan when there was more outrage and complaints over social welfare fraud than higher level fraud of the type that has taken billions out of our economy (the estimated cost of corruption) and taken our reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Wait i thought this whole mess was berties and the banks fault?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

They are just more results of the seeds we have allowed to be sown by too many in complacently, silence, stupidity, blind faith and/or all of the previous in a terrible combination.

The crooks and their equal low mates are despicable - nothing can take that away from them but lets not fool ourselves.
    They have grown in an environment where the fear of being caught and the punishment has diminished so much that by those that have allowed things to get so bad for the crooks who fear little, the same previous mentioned people have become crime enablers by their too, previous equal faults.

Even if it didnt cause our current troubles do you understand that fraud and corruption are sill wrong?

Advertisement