Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking Of doing Ancient Civilisations

Options
  • 29-03-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Im thinking of doing it in Trinity the points are achievable for me and I the course appeals to me very much.

But what the hell will be able to do with a degrre in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Nothing without a Masters. You could do a HDip and be a teacher, you could eventually go in to lecturing/authoring.

Are there any degrees/courses that interest you that actually have a job market? Teaching? IT? Health Sciences? Business? Childcare?

Please do not just do a course because it interests you. I myself did an Arts type course in Trinity. I worked in retail and am now unemployed. I'm not into teaching and the area I do want to go into needs a Masters and has no work at the end of it. (CAO 2007- dreamland!). I am now looking to do another degree as mature-entry next year, totally different. But I will be 29 when I graduate if I do this, whereas I could be working in this field now, at 23, if I had put it on the CAO- I have more than enough points for it, and the subject requirements. It's heartbreaking. It is a waste to not fully consider the ramifications of doing an arts degree in a recession.

You could always do this degree or a similar adult education course in later life. I don't mean shut the door on it, I mean look very carefully at what you could expect to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

What would a masters do?

Sorry I dont know too much about all the Colege terms.

Advertisement