Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont you just hate the "what's the best/worst X" Threads

Options
  • 29-03-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Are you getting tired of all these pointless "Who is the better band" kinda threads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

No not at all.I actually enjoy reading peoples views and opinions on music

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Rud wrote: »
    No not at all.I actually enjoy reading peoples views and opinions on music
    Exactly but everytime I post one my thread gets closed. Do you think thats fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Yes I am, they don't leave much for the imagination. The best type of threads are the ones that offer a new insight on various bands and genres or expose people to awesome new music they've never heard before. Unfortunately those type of threads seem to sink without a trace around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Sully34 wrote: »
    Are you getting tired of all these pointless "Who is the better band" kinda threads

No, if I don't like a thread I don't read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I don't mind them, but some leave very little choice for such broad questions.

Example being the "Best Irish band" thread and the only two choices were U2 and The Coronas.

Threads just asking you to compare two bands say Oasis/Blur or Beady Eye/Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are understandable, because its not making a statement they are the best British bands as many people would choose other bands over them, its just asking you to say which of the two you prefer.

What I really hate in threads is when one person's POV is completely ignored and another poster attempts to make them look bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Absolutely !!! One or two now and then is OK, but lately there seems to be way too many.

Besides, "best" is a very personal thing. More often than not, these type of threads consist of.."X band are better than Y band"...."No ! Z band are better than X and Y band". Pointless and boring IMO.

As I said in another thread, why does "best" matter (not that it really exists in the first place) ? If you like a certain band(s), then great... just enjoy. By all means, discuss the band you like and what their music means to you etc, but leave it for the "Guinness Book of Records" to look after the "best" aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Exactly but everytime I post one my thread gets closed. Do you think thats fair?
    As I pointed out to you, your threads got closed for perfectly fair reasons. We can discuss the closures if you like, just PM me or you can start a thread here. Don't complain about it in other, unrelated, threads.

Advertisement