Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclists on South Ring (suicide maniacs)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

OP are you Sure you have a Full Irish License, or even a License at all ?

most people in Cars just beep any way, cos their like you dont know the Rules of the Road, or just plan

Cyclist Use the South Ring all the Time, Always have and Always will, till the Government makes it a Motorway theirs no Stopping Cycling on that Road.

I dont get why some car have to go right next to people cycling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Cork24 wrote: »
    OP are you Sure you have a Full Irish License, or even a License at all ?

most people in Cars just beep any way, cos their like you dont know the Rules of the Road, or just plan

Cyclist Use the South Ring all the Time
    , Always have and Always will, till the Government makes it a Motorway theirs no Stopping Cycling on that Road.

I dont get why some car have to go right next to people cycling ?

1. Are you sure you have your reading glasses on or even can recognize letters, words and sentences?

2. Not all the time, just sometimes... Those who don't like their lives choose to cycle there. It is their choice.

3. Because there is nowhere to go (if we still talk about south ring). Fast lane is packed during rush hour and because the driver can barely slow down from 100kmh to 20kmh he just continues.

Diabhalta wrote: »

2. Not all the time, just sometimes... Those who don't like their lives choose to cycle there. It is their choice.

So I most not like my life when I cycle on that road ? So if I'm cycling to Bandon or kinsale u want people to cycle any where but the south ring ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Cork24 wrote: »
    Diabhalta wrote: »

So I most not like my life when I cycle on that road ? So if I'm cycling to Bandon or kinsale u want people to cycle any where but the south ring ?

You don't have to go onto the South Rings eastbound or westbound carriages (bar negotiating the Bandon rd. R/A for another 6-12 months) to get to either Kinsale/Bandon.

You don't have to go onto the South Rings eastbound or westbound carriages (bar negotiating the Bandon rd. R/A for another 6-12 months) to get to either Kinsale/Bandon.

To get to Bandon its much faster to use the South Ring Round Take the First Exit on the Bis-Town Around-about and down into the Half Way around-about. and onto Bandon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    I drive it quite a lot thank you, I know the N25 sign-age ends at the curaheen flyover. I also know that any map, city plan, and county dev report I've ever looked at has always had the N25 finish at the Bandon Roundabout. Its never been part of the N25 (Or N40)

That’s because all those maps use outdated data that don’t include the Ballincollig bypass. If it is included its usually just been pencilled in. A lot of maps for Dublin don't have the completed m50 on them. It's all to do with copyright, e.g. why pay the OSI for updated data when the old stuff you bought in the 1990's is almost as good.

The N25 (soon to be N40) starts at the Ballincollig link road junction. Take note of the junction numbering. This is N25 juntion one, Curraheen is Junction two, Bandon road roundabout is juntion three, etc,

Here's some signage at Junction three...

picture.php?albumid=378&pictureid=12381

picture.php?albumid=378&pictureid=12382

No cyclists or pedestrians should be on this road as it is for fast moving high density traffic. Hopefully they'll erect restriction signs when they start the N40 resigning this week. The only time I cycled on the ring road is when it was under construction. I cant imagine anything worst than trying to cycle it now. Take the bike down the old line, its much more relaxing.

Advertisement