If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote on some gear.

Options
  • 29-03-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Tannoy Revolution DC6Ts - pretty set on these after great reviews, price point is perfect.
    Suitable Matching Subwoofer (I only see the signature version, but would be open to suggestions)
    42-46 Plasma/LED TV (3D/Features not important, just want the highest quality to euro)
    Then I also would like a single Radius 90 (colour/box unimportant), a small stereo amp and sub to match with it.

Open to collection or delivery, Budget is around 1500-1800

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Should I call ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Altheus.

The Tannoys are a really nice speaker and I can understand why you would go for them.

The subwoofer doesn't really have to match the speakers in terms of brand etc and there is no voice matching to be concerned about.

I would go for the Monitor audio Radius 370HD.

This is currently £429.95 and is a great sub. I think What Hifi were a little harsh to drop it a star in their review. It's come down since the review (£500) so I reckon it's one of the best subs around that price.

If you wanted to spend less on the sub to allow more of a budget for the TV then take a look at the Q acoustic 2070. I have a few of these left in the gloss black and I can do you one at £199.95 when bought with the speakers.

On the TV front. If you are looking for the best picture quality that you can get for the money, then stick to a 42".

If you can let me know what you think of the above first of all then it will allow be to budget for your TV and the other pieces and I can fire you a quote for the lot.

Cheers

Dave

Sorry I had meant suitable matching centre: http://www.richersounds.com/product/centre-speakers/tannoy/revolution-signature-dc6-lcr/tann-revo-dc6-lcr-es

The MA sub looks good, and it's not the price that gets me, but rather the value, I don't mind losing aesthetics for something else, the finish is magnificent but I can't help feeling there's better bang for buck, that said, I trust your judgment!

Not sure on the Q, would that be a hefty enough match for the Tannoys?

The other Radius 90 is for a second system, which also requires a sub/amp, which you didn't mention.

So in short:

2x Sub (one for the Tannoys, meaty and one for the Radius, preferably budget)
    1x Centre (Matching the Tannoys)
    1x TV
    1x Radius 90 (any colour/condition/box)

Actually what do think about the MA Silver RX6 vs Tannoy?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Altheus wrote: »
    Sorry I had meant suitable matching centre: http://www.richersounds.com/product/centre-speakers/tannoy/revolution-signature-dc6-lcr/tann-revo-dc6-lcr-es

The MA sub looks good, and it's not the price that gets me, but rather the value, I don't mind losing aesthetics for something else, the finish is magnificent but I can't help feeling there's better bang for buck, that said, I trust your judgment!

Not sure on the Q, would that be a hefty enough match for the Tannoys?

The other Radius 90 is for a second system, which also requires a sub/amp, which you didn't mention.

So in short:

2x Sub (one for the Tannoys, meaty and one for the Radius, preferably budget)
    1x Centre (Matching the Tannoys)
    1x TV
    1x Radius 90 (any colour/condition/box)

Alth,

apologies again for the delay getting back to you...

OK here are some ideas.. (just one thing before I start - is it ONE single Radius 90 you are looking for or a pair???)

2 Subs:

The first I would use for the Tannoys is the excellent (and V. Meaty) Monitor Audio RX12 - yep its not cheap at £729.95 - but our price is fantastic and it really is an exceptional piece of kit! It will bot compliment the DCt's and serve you long after the Tannoys are just a nice memory....

rxw12.large.jpg

The next up - for your Radius system - I would try to save a bit here and go for the 'deal' Sub we have from Monitor Audio which is the MSW10 which is a really cracking sub at just £199.95..

On the centre - if you can stretch to it I would have the DC6 LCR - again its expensive but it's really well reduced at £349.95

showimage.php?image=309301.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

If you wanted an alternative (trying to confuse you now...) I would go for the RX6 which we do at a cracking price of £289.95 in standard finishes.

rx-centre.large.jpg

The Radius 90 is easy - I have one single (perfect) Open Box unit in Piano white which I would clear at £79.95 or if you awanted a pair we do them at £269.95..

On the TV front - I would grab one of the last Pana TXP42G30's which are great value at £449.95 or alternatively an LG 42LV550T - these are amazing value at £549.95 - but I have one unit that has been returned in less than a week by a Customer who thought it has a satellite decoder on board - Id do that unit at £489.95...and that would be my preference!

Finally a small stereo amp for the Radius - the Cambridge Audio A5 at £119.95

So.. if you went for the following - here comes the Boardie pricing ;)

Tannoy DC6t - Main speakers £599.95
    Tannoy DC6 LCR - Centre £349.95
    Monitor Audio RXW12 Sub - £729.95
    Monitor Audio MSW10 Sub - £249.95
    Radius 90 (pair assumed) Speakers - £279.95
    Cambridge Audio A5 - Amplifier - £119.95
    LG 42LV550T OB - £549.95
    Total system price = £2879.65
    Total Boardie price = £2379.95 (excluding delivery and interconnects cables) thats almost a 20% reduction off our already reduced prices!

Keep me posted if you would like to reserve any (or all :D) of the above kit or of course if we can assist in any way,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Actually what do think about the MA Silver RX6 vs Tannoy?

I was going to suggest them but I thought you had your heart set on the Tannoy's ...

...the RX6 are just the dogs dangly bits - they look and sound completely amazing - if you would like a quote for the RX6 / RX LCR / RXW12 just say the word...

rx6.large.jpg
    :D:D:D:D

J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I was going to suggest them but I thought you had your heart set on the Tannoy's ...

...the RX6 are just the dogs dangly bits - they look and sound completely amazing - if you would like a quote for the RX6 / RX LCR / RXW12 just say the word...

rx6.large.jpg
    :D:D:D:D

J

Go on...

Now you have me digging deep!

Main System:

RXW12
    RX6 Centre
    RX6

LG 42LV550T

Secondary system

Single Radius 90 Unboxed White (I'm using an unboxed one I got in one of your previous open box deals!)
    + Any low price / unboxed / tarnished Sub (2nd system is not as important) - The MSW10 is overkill, I just want a bit more meat from the Radius....
    + Low Price Amp (Cambridge one looks good, again open to tarnished/unboxed deals here!)

If you could quote me on that, it'd be great. Feel free to PM!

Now you have me digging deep!

Main System:

RXW12
    RX6 Centre
    RX6

LG 42LV550T

Secondary system

Single Radius 90 Unboxed White (I'm using an unboxed one I got in one of your previous open box deals!)
    + Any low price / unboxed / tarnished Sub (2nd system is not as important) - The MSW10 is overkill, I just want a bit more meat from the Radius....
    + Low Price Amp (Cambridge one looks good, again open to tarnished/unboxed deals here!)

If you could quote me on that, it'd be great. Feel free to PM!

OK - I have my sharpest pencil on call this morning ...

RXW12 - standard finishes (Black/ Walnut / Oak / Rosenut)
    RXC Centre - Standard finishes (Black/ Walnut / Oak / Rosenut)
    RX6 -Standard finishes (Black/ Walnut / Oak / Rosenut)
    LG 42LV550T (the perfect open box one)

Our normal reduced price is £2319.90 for that system...

...Boardie price is £1799.99

Single Radius 90 Unboxed White
    Tannoy SFX SUB
    Pioneer VSX421 ( I know its an AV receiver - but they work really well with the Radius and it has a dedicated low level sub output!)

Our normal reduced price is £410 for that system...

...Boardie price is £349.95

So if you went for the whole lot - its sounds lile a round £1999.99 for the complete system to me (excluding cables & interconnects etc)

Thats the sharpest pencil exhausted for today......

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

(deep breath)

Ok. Lets do this, will delivery be available yo Dublin?

• Advertisement

(deep breath)

Ok. Lets do this, will delivery be available yo Dublin?

...another deep breath,

OK (that arm twisting hurts a lot :eek:)

I'll include delivery free of charge to Dublin..

Thanks a mill for the order - if you PM or email me your contact details to sales@richersounds.ie - I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to get the wheels in motion,

Thanks again and chat soon,

John Mc

Mail sent to sales@ - :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Altheus.

Gear is on route and will be delivered tomorrow.

I have sent you a PM with the tracking information on it.

Many thanks for the business !

Dave

Excirah barely covers it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joey250

How much would it cost me for a 32 inch LED TV like Lg or Samsung to be delivered to Meath. with three HDMI ports and 1080p resolution?
    budget minimal.

joey

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Joey,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We've got a really nice LG LED in stock at the moment. It's the LG 32 LV355U currently priced at £299.95 / €374.93 we could deliver this TV for just £12.99.

Check the link below for more info:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-led-tvs/lg/32lv355u/lg-32lv355u

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.