Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying For Cavan Institute

• 29-03-2012 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hey everyone

im applying for An Occupational Therapy Assistance Course in Cavan Institute

Was wondering what Cavan is like? Best place to look for accommodation? What the college is like?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

It's the same as everywhere else.

Has it's rough parts, it's good parts etc etc..

Are you moving down or just travelling? I've heard good things about the college. Maybe others can give more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paddy crazy horse

I was at Cavan Institute for two years. Its an ok spot, has student nights in the local clubs and pubs every week, and you can get discounts with your student card in some of the shops. theres a cinema and leisure complex/swimming pool in cavan but not really much else to do. the college itself it a good enough environment. I found that some of the tutors kind of "baby" you sometimes like in seconday school, "wheres your assignment" " it better be in by such a date" etc. kind of on your case bout your work, even though the tutors (well the ones i had anyway) were very nice, it just kind of made you feel like a kid sometimes lol. That was just what I thought. If you contact the college they have a big list of accommodations near the college. there is also a block of apartments right behind the college, i think its called Hampton Court, really nice apartments. the other students i found where very nice and friendly and i found it to be a very relaxed kinda place. :)

Advertisement