Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsair blog SSD write stress test

Options
  • 30-03-2012 2:38am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Postuing this as i think it is an interesting read that I stumbled across on the Corsair blog, I was an especially interested party because it is the exact same drive that I have. Basically they set up a test to repeatedly fill and delete the entire capacity of an F40 drive with random data over and over again untill they killed it.

The results were pretty impressive it has to be said, as they managed to write/delete a total of 240TB of data, before the controller failed. Even to the bitter end there had been no MLC blocks retired from the drive, maintained 100% file integrity throughout the test (verified by the generted hashes) and performance remained at factory levels throughout.

http://www.corsair.com/blog/force-series-ssd-life-testing/

Feeling good after this because according to the trial version of SSDlife Pro I haven't even hit 1TB of writes to the drive yet after well over a year of usage :pac:

Advertisement