Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning BL22 lever action rifle.

Options
  • 30-03-2012 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Anyone have one? Recommend one?
    Found one tonight for the price of a licence so seriously considering it for cheap fun. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

A friend of mine had one , they were , or are made in japan and it looked good quality and well finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Cant go wrong fir the price and they are great crack the leaver action .22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Hunter21 wrote: »
    Anyone have one? Recommend one?
    Found one tonight for the price of a licence so seriously considering it for cheap fun. :D

you got one for 80 quids? I'd like a lever action, any more??

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Merch wrote: »
    you got one for 80 quids? I'd like a lever action, any more??

Didn't get it yet.. Just Sussing em out first.. He has a Winchester .22 lever there and another local shop has a 22magnum Winchester lever. Both the winchesters are pristine though.
    The browning is well used but respectable looking at the same time if you get me.

rowa wrote: »
    A friend of mine had one , they were , or are made in japan and it looked good quality and well finished.

How many bullets did his mag hold?
    Just I seen them on the net and they hold 15, but I read somewhere on boards.ie that anything that holds over 10 is a restricted firearm.
    Open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Galway Elvis

I have one of these. A great little gun. Light, accurate and very robust.

The mag will hold more than 10 rounds of .22 lr ammo and this puts them into the restricted catagory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

How many bullets did his mag hold?
    Just I seen them on the net and they hold 15, but I read somewhere on boards.ie that anything that holds over 10 is a restricted firearm.
    Open to correction.

Anything over 10 is restricted but if its possible like a semi/pump shotgun you can plug the magazine with a plastic tubing which only allows 10 rounds in and its non restricted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Didn't get it yet.. Just Sussing em out first.. He has a Winchester .22 lever there and another local shop has a 22magnum Winchester lever. Both the winchesters are pristine though.
    The browning is well used but respectable looking at the same time if you get me.

I was shooting a 22mag lever winchester a few weeks ago and loved it.
    I actually liked it more than a winchester 300win mag :)

Couldnt leave it there for the price so purchased it this evening :)

Advertisement