Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slight stability problems -UPC Limerick?

• 30-03-2012 6:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Last night I noted some lag issues which I normally don't have while gaming.

A little bit of investigation and I'm noticing I'm loosing e.g. 1 packet in 35 - 40.

Not so noticeable in web browsing but definitely the effect is felt in latency sensitive apps.

Anyone else seeing this?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm having the same problem in Limerick. Called UPC several times yesterday. they should be on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Alan3002

Same problem here. Worked fine up until about tuesday and it has gotten worse every day since then to the point where online gaming is unplayable and web pages are taking about 5 minutes to load.
    Hopefully it will be sorted soon, I thought I was the only one.

It doesnt seem to be a consistent connection problem, its more of a latency problem where it could work fine for 5-40 minutes and experience one huge spike and go slow for the next 10 minutes before looping again. Although today has been by far the worst day for it. Almost consistently slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Barely getting above 1meg on speedtest.net just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Fixed in Limerick now.
    Working superbly. No packet drops + full speed.
    I could get use to this (left Eircom after 4 months of awful connection with no fixing happening).:)

Advertisement