Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodies Garden Greenhouse

Options
  • 30-03-2012 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of buying one of these, for growing herbs in. Im new to the whole veg/herb growing, but something like this will fit nicely outside in a space where there is sunlight, but can easily be moved into shade. Plus, it gives better storage than having them proped up on window sill or on foot path. Would there be any reason not to get one

http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=12587&loc=P&catid=102.17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeycav

i have one (in full sun) and the only problem is that if you dont keep on top of watering, one day without teh hose and you could end up with a mini sahara on your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I have one too (the next size up). It's pretty good. I lined it with bubble wrap over the winter and stored some tropicals in it and they were fine. You do have to keep on top of the watering in full sun and I would also recommend pinning it to the ground. I have it full of seedlings at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

i got one and have started growing veg seedlings in it. its in the sunniest corner of my garden and im growing pumpkin,cauliflower,brussels sprouts and peas seedlings in deep enough trays (5inch) so that when they grow i will just leave them in their trays out on the ground and start a new batch in different trays obviously. I have spaced them out so i wont need to thin them out at a later stage.

I just started this week and only doing it with the kids for a bit of fun but i would love an allotment to transplant into and really make a go of getting so decent level of return

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

In my experience they last about 2/3 years once the wind and rain gets at it, but its perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

they do the job, but i find the zippers always tear away from the seams after a few months

• Advertisement
Advertisement