Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

proper asian BB cream

Options
  • 30-03-2012 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

morning all,
    would anybody know where i could buy the PROPER asian bb cream in dublin?? like an asian or chinese supermarket? it costs a fortune to have then shipped if you buy online:( .... theres a brand called skin 79 i love to try
    thanks xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Heya Dizzy, I know you said you would prefer to buy in store..but, have you considered Amazon ie for looking, with amazon there is usually the supersaver that way your delivery is free (most times) and also ,amazon can deal with any issues you have, ie if the product isn't up to the standard it should be, they'll help you get your money back.

I would recommend if you are going for an asian bb cream, that you don't let the higher name brands suclude(sp?) you from trying others, like I've found the Dr.Jart one, I'm not entirely sure if thats an asian brand or just american, but it's done quite the job, it's meant to be basically the same as the missha ,but it's a reasonable price.

I personally don't know anywhere in Ireland to find a decent asian style bb cream, we seemingly only have the UK brands atm and for me personally they don't work, the garnier one actually broke me out :(

Good luck with the hunt, please let me know if you find a decent one as i'd like to repurchase after my dr.jart runs out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I order Skin79 from a trusted seller on EBay and it arrives quickly and is about 13 euro delivered. It's the real genuine product and gives fab results and they always throw a sample into the package as well!

I've ordered the pink Skin79 BB Cream multiple times and just received the Diamond Prestige Skin79 BB Cream during the week which I love! PM me and I can pass you on the seller if you would like, it's seriously cheap and beats the other BB Creams hands down!:)

Here's a review of the Skin79 cream swatched with other pale foundations, but it will suit to match your skin as long as you're not too dark! The Diamond Prestige is slightly lighter and pinker in tone but both match!
    http://smokeyeyesmua.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/foundations-round-up-a-whiter-shade-of-pale/

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dizzyblond

Ooo is dr jart good for oily skin

dizzyblond wrote: »
    Ooo is dr jart good for oily skin

I honestly can't answer that, as I've got highly sensitive skin, but, i will tell you this, it doesn't dry my skin out or leave it oily. It just leaves it feeling moisturised, and the cream itself is literally pale ,like it goes on to suit your natural colour - "It's organic and suits all skin types" ,this is what it said on the sephora website. I bought mine via sephora or rather had someone pick it up for me, but I know there are genuines from amazon.ie/uk and they don't cost that much. I was looking there because i was considering repurchasing it

I hope this info helps!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'd also recommend purchasing on ebay. And all Skin79 bb's I've tried are great!!

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote: »
    I'd also recommend purchasing on ebay. And all Skin79 bb's I've tried are great!!

I personally don't trust Ebay as far as I'm aware ,they don't have any policy on if the person you buy from is claiming to sell legit items but in fact it isn't, ebay won't/can't do anything for you.. dodgy!?:rolleyes: well that's just my opinion on the site!!

I'd nearly fly to asia to buy the real brands and stock up than buy off ebay lol

but others do trust ebay,so it's a good recommendation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I've heard several times that Asian bb creams have a greyish cast to counteract the Asian yellowish tinge so research any brands you find first.

thanks guys i might leave it my shiney face disease doesnt seem to be able for the moisture

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Sorry dizzyblond I should have mentioned I have very oily tzone and find it great. Also worked wonders on acne scars and has shrunk pores significantly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

BB creams bleach your skin over time or so I hear. Is that what you really want?

• Advertisement

mood wrote: »
    BB creams bleach your skin over time or so I hear. Is that what you really want?

no i suppose i dont i just didnt want to go bare faced, just looking for a happy medium

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

mood wrote: »

I've never heard that! Do you have any further information/links?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Twee. wrote: »
    I've never heard that! Do you have any further information/links?

No but friends who lived or travel in Asia have told me this. Sorry I can't offer more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

AFAIK the "whitening" in BB creams is to lighten up hyper pigmentation of scars or blemishes. I don't think it's going to bleach your skin like something containing hydrquinone would.

Advertisement