Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 14 Scheduling **Saturday-Wednesday**

Options
  • 30-03-2012 10:30am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

St. Louis (ali g no1) Rams @ (DaftDave41) ClevelandBrowns
    Miami (CPU) Dolphins @ (Specsy) San Diego Chargers
    Tennessee (kaiche) Titans @ (CPU) Pittsburgh Steelers
    New Orleans (CPU) Saints @ (Sundalic) Indianapolis Colts
    Houston (Pudsy33) Texans @ (CPU) Jacksonville Jaguars 
    Minnesota (CPU) Vikings @ (p4ddy31) Chicago Bears
    Detroit (Eamonn87) Lions @ (CPU) Kansas City Chiefs
    Baltimore (micmclo)Ravens @ (BigBadRob83) Cincinnati Bengals
    Atlanta (Notyalc666)Falcons @ (CPU) Tampa Bay Buccs
    New York (etloveslsd) Giants @ (Berty44) New York Jets
    Oakland (asmosis7) Raiders @ (Daflood) Denver Broncos
    Seattle (CPU) Seahawks @ (SwankyTortoise) Washington Redskins
    Carolina (CPU) Panthers @ (Ben SFC) Green Bay Packers
    Buffalo (DangerDavo85) Bills @ (CPU) New England Patriots
    San Francisco (adro76) 49ers @ (LargeTacoFries) Dallas Cowboys
    Philadelphia (rizzo412) Eagles @ (ShaneCos11) Arizona Cardinals

Key games in bold!

A Browns win will see them catch the loser of Ravens/Bengals. I think the Browns will want the Ravens to win so that they and the Bengals are on 6-7 records. Presuming the Browns win they will be on 4-9 with a game to go against the Ravens.
    There is hope.

Raiders at Bronocs. A win for the broncos will all but seal the division, however a wildcard could still be a possibility.
    A win for the Raiders (presuming they win their game this week) will see them on 8-5 and the Broncos on 9-4 so very very close and a lot closer to a wildcard spot.

AFC is the place for key games this week sports fans!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bucs are CPU for the time being Heli. Lots of CPU games this week :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Missing a few games there?

Also I'd imagine Atlanta v Tampa Bay is pretty important too in that division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Cincinnati Bengals (6-6) @ Baltimore Ravens (5-7)

The game of the week sees the top 2 in the AFC North clash. Victory for the Bengals would leave them needing only a single win from their last 3 games to clinch the divisional title. A Ravens wins would see both teams with a 6-7 record and 1 win each in the head to head; the Bengals would still the lead in the division thanks to a better divisional record. Both teams have a tough series of games ahead of them. Bengals have the Colts (on a 10 game winning streak), Cardinals (unbeaten, the dominant NFC team) and Steelers (the divisional whipping boys). Ravens have the Browns (who've already beaten them once this season), Jaguars (a tough CPU team) and Titans (a team on good form looking for an AFC North clean sweep).

When we look at the numbers it's hard to see much for either team to cheer about right now. Both are mid to low-mid ranked in passing, rushing and total offence. Indeed the only offensive stats that either appear near the top in is INTs thrown where they're #2 (Ravens) and #7 (Bengals).
    On defence the Bengals have been struggling agains the pass (#28) but overall both teams are in the mid to low-mid ranks in total offence allowed. There just isn't much between these two team when we look at all the available stats and their last meeting was decided by just 3 points.

Looking at the individuals, Michael Turner (955 yards and 7 TDs on 184 carries) has been a little more productive for the Bengals than Michael Bush (807 yards and 6 TDs on 183 carries) has been for the Ravens. It's difficult to pick which QB you'd rather have too with Sam Bradford (2147 yards, 50.4%, 12 TDs, 28 INTs) putting up more yard than Cam Netwon (1588 yards, 51.8%, 10 TDs, 19 INTs) but with a much higher number of INTs.

There is one stat that we see a difference and it's an important one. The Bengals on average have a point difference of +1.6 per game while the Ravens are -5.5. That's a TD between them right there folks on average and that's why I'm picking the Bengals -6.5 while hoping the Ravens can get the win and force some end of season drama.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Missing a few games there?

Also I'd imagine Atlanta v Tampa Bay is pretty important too in that division.

yeah, we're a few games short there.

Tampa Bay @ Atlanata is only really interesting if the Buccs lose to the Jags this week. Otherwise the Buccs take a 3 game lead into that match.

Denver @ Oakland in a similar situation that it's probably only a key game as long as the Raiders beat the Chiefs this week or there'll be a 3 game gap there too.

Don't think those fixtures are right Heli :D I've got the Panthers? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SantryRed wrote: »
    Don't think those fixtures are right Heli :D I've got the Panthers? :confused:

Yeah not sure what happened, i just copied and pasted,.

will re-do now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McG wrote: »
    There is one stat that we see a difference and it's an important one. The Bengals on average have a point difference of +1.6 per game while the Ravens are -5.5. That's a TD between them right there folks on average and that's why I'm picking the Bengals -6.5 while hoping the Ravens can get the win and force some end of season drama.

A loss for the Ravens will make the end of season game against the Titans dead rubber I think.
    To be 100% sure there would need to be some other results going to the Titans way.
    Colts to beat the Bills and Titans to beat the Broncos

Though after the smack talk between both GM's this year.. dont be surprised if the game turns into a grudge match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

No matter what the record the Ravens never give up
    Missed the playoffs last year but still beat the Colts at the end of the season
    Happy to be the spoiler, we play for pride

Bengals, I'm good all weekend, what's good for you?

mikemac1 wrote: »

And you beat me again this season, only Berty's mighty Jets have more wins (my Colts are 1-3 against him) in the 4 seasons so far (not counting my divisional rivals, the Titans. I think we're around 6-4 or 5-5).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

When are the cowboys around for this game?

I can play Saturday evening, Sunday evening, Monday from 9, Tuesday from 8 or Wednesday from 9.

• Advertisement

McG wrote: »
    And you beat me again this season, only Berty's mighty Jets have more wins (my Colts are 1-3 against him) in the 4 seasons so far (not counting my divisional rivals, the Titans. I think we're around 6-4 or 5-5).

I think in my first season we played once and you won that.
    1-0 Colts
    Then I won the 2 regular season games
    2-1 Titans
    You beat me in the play offs.
    2-2 tie

Madden 12
    In season one I think we both won one game each but you won the play off.
    4-3 Colts

In season two we've won one game each
    so 5-4 Colts

Feel like i'm missing a season though :confused:

I think in my first season we played once and you won that.
    1-0 Colts
    Then I won the 2 regular season games
    2-1 Titans
    You beat me in the play offs.
    2-2 tie

Madden 12
    In season one I think we both won one game each but you won the play off.
    4-3 Colts

In season two we've won one game each
    so 5-4 Colts

Feel like i'm missing a season though :confused:

I was counting the win over the CPU before you joined in Season 1. Think you had a win over a CPU Colts in Season 2 so it evens out. 6-4 or 5-3 if we don't count CPU games.
    We've got a good rivalry going and you've got the lead in divisional titles but I hope to make it 2-2 in the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bengals, I'm good all weekend, what's good for you?

Strange to see a game between teams 6-6 and 5-7 be game of the week, but you can never write off the AFC North! Thanks for the write-up McG, and the confidence.

Mike - weekend is no good for me unfortunately, running a half-marathon and few things on. Am good for Mon-Wed evenings, any time from 6:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Monday evening is grand

We'll provisionally say seven pm but we'll know closer to the day

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Battle of New York!!

Berty when are you free to put a hurtin' on me? I should be free all weekend and each evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Monday evening is grand

We'll provisionally say seven pm but we'll know closer to the day

Nice one, sounds good to me. If anything changes either of us can send PM

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

When are the cowboys around for this game?

I can play Saturday evening, Sunday evening, Monday from 9, Tuesday from 8 or Wednesday from 9.

I'll be around most of those times mate. What time Saturday suits you best? After the days football would be best for me, so can you play at say around 5:30pm-6pm?

Yeah that should be fine. Didn't realise there was football on, I thought it was the off season.

Ah I see, you're talking about Arena football right?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Battle of New York!!

Berty when are you free to put a hurtin' on me? I should be free all weekend and each evening
    How is Monday night @ 10 ( when tv soccer is over ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Berty44 wrote: »
    How is Monday night @ 10 ( when tv soccer is over ?)

Grand, see you then

• Advertisement

Yeah that should be fine. Didn't realise there was football on, I thought it was the off season.

Ah I see, you're talking about Arena football right?:D

Haha, nice one mate. Speak to you tomorrow evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Browns, I can play sat/sun after six.

Titans will play their game tomorrow most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Daflood I'm free the vast majority of the time. Someone do a preview for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Hey lads, i'm gonna have to let my next 2 or 3 games that are to be played, to be played with my team as CPU. I'm in mayo for the next 2 weeks and need to study for exams. Is there any way i can change my depth chart other than through xbox?

Shane.C wrote: »
    Hey lads, i'm gonna have to let my next 2 or 3 games that are to be played, to be played with my team as CPU. I'm in mayo for the next 2 weeks and need to study for exams. Is there any way i can change my depth chart other than through xbox?

You can do it through the online franchise website on easports.com I think...

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/onlinefranchise

League advanced.

Make sure you're back for the play offs!! After changing your depth chart will you leave the franchise to allow Rizzo to play against the CPU. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Ah feck it. That's bad news for me as I was hoping you'd beat the Eagles in the next game.

Exams are no excuse :pac:

Advertisement