Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"this does not authorize re-entry" - Canada working holiday permit

Options
  • 30-03-2012 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all;
    I have a question about the Canada 12 month working holiday permit/visa in my passport. On the bottom of it, it says "this does not authorize re-entry". Does this apply to an Irish national?? Can I cross the border to the states and come back (before the visa expires of course)??
    Thanks folks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

ondadole wrote: »
    Hi all;
    I have a question about the Canada 12 month working holiday permit/visa in my passport. On the bottom of it, it says "this does not authorize re-entry". Does this apply to an Irish national?? Can I cross the border to the states and come back (before the visa expires of course)??

Thats the work permit...it may still be valid but your visa may be out of date and you would not be allowed back in...thats linked to your IEC number as far as I remember...in other words, a work permit does not grant access to the country

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

ondadole wrote: »
    Hi all;

Just means that you need your passport to go in and out of Canada, you can't just use your permit.

Advertisement