Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Monopoly

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

or a list of what is wrong about Cork

Kinsale Golf course

I wish to point out now that if the head ever gets covered in red diesel, it was not me

are you confusing Kinsale golf course with the old head of kinsale golf course? :pac:

anywho bought it today, really enjoyed playing it, (even though i lost - which is a first for me in years)

some of the community chest cards are funny actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Anyone know if this is in stock around Cork anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

DannyBuoy wrote: »

Smyths in maylor street say its in stock

http://www.toys.ie/Cork-Monopoly-!122876-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=9e168cb6-2774-4fd6-887b-52b69907f229

i know Easons at the airport have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭opus

There were loads of them in Easons last w/end so worth a look unless they've sold out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Cheers folks, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If you can't find it in stock anywhere, the next print of them should be on sale around November 15th/16th at Smyths, Eason's, Waterstones and Art & Hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Played it last night (buddy had picked it up over the weekend) - it's old school monopoly but the ads are a bit over the top (all the radio stations, papers, UCC, etc are on the board and in the chance/community chest).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I had to pick up mine on Amazon, as I couldn't find it anywhere and then one of the C103 DJs (I think) stated it was "sold out". Hoping to get it next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

dulpit wrote: »
    Played it last night (buddy had picked it up over the weekend) - it's old school monopoly but the ads are a bit over the top (all the radio stations, papers, UCC, etc are on the board and in the chance/community chest).

To reflect reality, half the board would be owned by UCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

dulpit wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

and a large amount would be derelict…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

there was loads of stock in Easons this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

deRanged wrote: »
    there was loads of stock in Easons this morning.

Off today, so could nip in, but what price is it? I can get it for 19.99STG on Amazon, which is what about 25 euros. Is it cheaper or comparative in Easons?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭opus

For anyone interested, Easons are selling it for €4.99 a pop today. Picked up two earlier this morning, will be handy xmas presents for Cork people living abroad!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Total load of sh*te. It'd be much better if you had the likes of Model Farm Road and Rochestown on the greens with Harbour View Road and the Mayfield Parks for the browns etc. At least that'd be a bit of craic like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

The "Cork Monopoly" is a nonsense product. Sponsorship sell-out rather than the street based game it should have been.

Advertisement