Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICPSA AGM

Options
  • 30-03-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Any word on the ICPSA Agm last night just wondering if there were any changes etc.

Kind Regards
    Raymo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

No changes I heard. Quiet enough I'm told. The usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

i heard it got a bit "hot under the collar" there . :confused:

Checked back with my buddy.
    Seems on fella had a rant with the microphone and then walked out.
    Seems there was a mix up in a vote and it was done a second time.

Thats just usual stuff at any sports club agm in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

no real changes, lots of debates was lively enough. first show of hands didnt go down well with some so went to a poll, all 3 positions were a draw so chairman had final decision.. new treasurer i wish him luck. joe hollingsworth received the massey sheild. enda clerkin and garry mannering received presentations after standing down. after that all was over and finished up got very late.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

I heard the National Executive wouldn't hold a candle to Bertie Ahern with their behaviour last night. An absolute farce of an association.

• Advertisement

there was a few on the floor that musta had a few tips from bertie more so than the board.... whats wrong with the association in your opinion

kemen wrote: »
    there was a few on the floor that musta had a few tips from bertie more so than the board.... whats wrong with the association in your opinion

Well I wouldn't agree with that statement at all. Their is so much wrong with it I would not know where to start and I would be better keeping my opinions to myself rather than airing them in a public forum for fear of a legal backlash.

With regard to the voting procedure the Executive would/should not be in power if their "phantom clubs" were not permitted to vote and if they had not blocked the vote of another few clubs, the Executive themselves should not be permitted to vote either IMO. It was very underhand tactics and talking to alot of long serving ICPSA members after, they were disgusted with the behaviour of the Executive and lost an awful lot respect for the association as a whole.

Theres always been battles in that organisation. It used to line up as trap versus sporting, it has been north versus south, one time it was commercial grounds versus member clubs and now it seems its those in favour of a full time Gen Sec and those against.
    It fell the way it fell the other night and its set up for the next year.

All the other battles had a final solution in the end that endured and so will this one.
    Only question is, who will get their act together before the next agm.

Had a full run down of events with my buddy and it was a vote issue that caused the most trouble.
    You know in most organisations if you dont have a vote, then you are not invited to attend.
    But the icpsa is different in every way from most organisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭raymo19

Hi All,
    Thanks for replys. I just got a full rundown from a friend that attended. It seems there were right to vote irregularities all-righ. I heard that the top table spoke about "The Rogue Element within the organisation". From what Im hearing this rogue element is now 70 % of the total membership.MMMMMM ?

Thanks lads

the executive phantom clubs??thats a bold statment.. if the money is paid an everything is legit whats the prob?? as for the clubs that werent aloud vote, thats not the case you'll find that they werent entitled to vote because they were ineligible to vote.. rules are rules
    i myself wz disgusted with some of the stuff that came from the floor!!
    anyway whats done is done so we'll just have to get over it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Sandyman

Hi All,
    I just heard that last weeks re-elected Executive have started to show their teeth. They have already threatened pulling shoots from clubs that did not support them last week. What will it take to get rid of this crowd and leave shooters/shooting alone.

Thanks
    Sman

Sandyman wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I just heard that last weeks re-elected Executive have started to show their teeth. They have already threatened pulling shoots from clubs that did not support them last week. What will it take to get rid of this crowd and leave shooters/shooting alone.

Thanks
    Sman

I heard the same myself yesterday a few of the heavies approached a club in the West using bully boy tactics and threatening to pull shoots etc. Disgraceful behaviour from a crowd that say they are to "promote and develop the sport of clay pigeon shooting in Ireland" Yea right

im sure thats far from true,, but if all is so green in your garden what was the proposal i heard about having a few sporting selection shoots run by 1/2 clubs in a certain area???? thats not very fair IMO it leaves approx 15 shoots pointless.. and is defo not promoting the sport.. its time to move on if a few people got their way we'd still be in lucan voting

Hi Kemen,
    Thats typical of the **** we as members are being fed by this now puppett executive. The sporting task group wanted "all clubs" to tender for these 6 or so shoots and the shoots themselves to be run over no less than 12 stands. These shoots were to be "properly" inspected and adjusted if required in advance of the shoots. This would ber fairer than the current selection process which allows club members to practice the stands midweek before shoots, some commercial grounds dont change the stands at all. This will allow all members have a fair chance instead of the current situation where he who shoots the most has a better chance of getting on the team. I would not care about having to travel to Knocknagoshel for a selection shoot as long as I have adequate notice and know that this will be a quality shoot. The ICPSA have for far too long being focused on revenue generation and not shoot quality. Outcome where has the 1000 members gone since 2007/2008. The sooner these puppets are removed the better for the ICPSA. Hopefully the organisation wont split in the meantime.

Regards
    Raymo

i get what your sayin but you cant compair 2007/8 today,, how many kreighoff's did u see then compaired to now... yoyos just not their so you cant blame the association for that 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Will the ranks of the CSI shooters be expanding.....and one doesn't need to fork out €120.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

.....and one doesn't need to fork out €120.

CSI doesn't have the huge expense of fielding a load of international teams every year. It's a matter of deciding whether to support Irish shooting at an international level, or just shoot domestic flapper shoots. ICPSA members have been cleaning up on the international circuit in the last few years (a European DTL champion, an Olympic Skeet team home international win, juniors winning gold in FITASC, just to name a few), this couldn't happen without the support of the membership paying their fees and entering registered shoots. It'd be an awful shame to see all this success grinding to a halt just because there is disagreement as to who should sit at the top table.

CSI doesn't have the huge expense of fielding a load of international teams every year. It's a matter of deciding whether to support Irish shooting at an international level, or just shoot domestic flapper shoots. ICPSA members have been cleaning up on the international circuit in the last few years (a European DTL champion, an Olympic Skeet team home international win, juniors winning gold in FITASC, just to name a few), this couldn't happen without the support of the membership paying their fees and entering registered shoots. It'd be an awful shame to see all this success grinding to a halt just because there is disagreement as to who should sit at the top table.

Hi Half Cocked ,
    I totally agree with what you are saying but there are those at the top table taking a totally vendictive approach to various clubs be they sporting or Trap.(Look at what happened in the west las week) There are clubs operating outside the ICPSA for these similar vindictive reasons. Why is this happening ? Something is wrong within the Organisation. The messing that occurred at the agm totally tipifies the arrogance of those sitting at the top table. I hope to see irish shooters competing at the top lever but if the fall off in membership continues there will be no funds available for young irish shooters. There was 1500 members 3 years ago now there are 700. I do realise that some of this is economic however there are a large number of shooters fed up with the icpsa and how it is run. Just look at the statistics in the north of ireland. There is over 2000 members in the UCPSA and they have a religious divide to contend with, they have 1/3 our population. There are also Irish International irish shooters reluctant to join the ICPSA. Something is grossly wrong and the sooner it is weeded out the better.

Thanks Raymo

what exactly happened in the west last week??

raymo19 wrote: »
    There was 1500 members 3 years ago now there are 700.

Not quite correct - a peak of approx 1150 in 2007 down to about 970 now. Nowhere near as big a drop as some would have us believe, but it is still worrying that so many have left:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Sandyman

hi lads,
    <mod snip>The whole membership know exactly what happened last week. I have spoken to a-lot of members(30 years ++) since the AGM and there has been a massive realisation that there are very large problems within the organisation. One long standing member and international shooter was disgusted with the going's on. He has now woken up to reality.
    I would not wish to be in the current executive's boots they should have seen the backlash coming and stood aside to a man. If you take the leinster League members our of the ***** those numbers would look even more pityful. I believe that the current executive do want the organisation to split and fall back onto the sports council to fund them. This will allow them to exert more control. CSI have now 350 members in three years. Csi is not the way forward but they do deserve credit for what they have done. The ***** is the way forward but it will now take another year before they can move forward in the meantime we will just have to endure and hopefully there will be something left to go forward with.

cheers(Brandy & ginger please) whose paying ?

Half Cocked,
    Its great to hear exact figures at last. Do you have a geographical breakdown of those numbers by provence ?.

Afraid not, all I know is that Leinster is about 60-65% of the total membership. All clubs holding shoots get a paid up members list every week - it should be possible to get a breakdown and exact figures from that. I don't think it's a big secret, I'd imagine any member should be entitled to ask?

I have been told that 75% of clubs in leinster voted for change last week. That means that 45%(60% by 75%) of the total membership wanted change and are based in leinster. This is a stark statistic considering that circa 50% of Both Munster & Connaught were also in favour of change. There was considerable support in Ulster also. The Executive were can count their lucky stars that the 40% rule which limits Leinsters voting power exists and that they were allowed to vote themselves. I have received alot of Private members mail and have to apologise for not answering it. I would encourage airing your own discontent.

Regards
    raymo

and would you see 5 or 6 people from the same provence on a 8 member board fair raymo??? cause i certainly wouldnt... anyway how exactly do you or the any of the people who are telling you this info know what way people voted in a secret ballot??

"The secret Ballot". How did the puppett executive know that one of their clubs in the west didn't vote for them ?. This gets better lads. I have been informed from a very reliable source through pm that over 90% of the clubs in Leinster voted for change and that that this vote was diluted due to two clubs (Wait for this) with "One Member Each" and having 2 votes each voted against change. This means that 2 members of the anti change campaign had 4 votes. There is one club in Leinster with over 100 members and they were allowed 2 votes. This is incredible. This means that my earlier statistic is infact wrong. I can now reliably say that over 50% of the ICPSA Membership is in Leinster and wanted change. Lets also remember that one of the aforementioned clubs was only recently resurrected in courtlough to upset the voting at the agm. Inrelation to 5 or 6 members of the executicve coming from leinster I couldnt care less if they were from Tory Island as long as they cared about Irish Shooting and were elected by the broad membership. This is another example of more **** being peddled to the membership by the Puppett.
    Everybody at the AGM knew the way clubs voted. It was their business to know . The secret ballot just made it easier for clubs who were "spoken" to in advance vote against change.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Raymo,
    Very interesting reading.

Just to clarify a point, as a member of Courtlough, I would like to stress that this 'puppet' club to which you are referring that conveened at Courtlough has no official link with Courtlough Clay Pigeon Club or Courtlough Shooting Grounds Limited. These are totally separate entities.

The only association this other club (having no grounds of their own) had with Courtlough is that they used our facilities to shoot, as may any legally entitled people of this land.

Just to keep it all clear, lest anyone gets their wires crossed....

oh so just because leinster wanted change everything had to be changed!!!what a joke, thats just a fine example of what would happen if the 3 got in.. look after every1 in leinster an f*%k everyone else!!!

raymo19 wrote: »
    I can now reliably say that over 50% of the ICPSA Membership is in Leinster and wanted change.

I don't think you can.

Firstly, how do you know that the club delegates were in fact voting the way all their members wanted? I used to be a member of 3 different Leinster clubs and the members were never consulted about what way the delegates would vote. At best the club committee would instruct them, at worst they were told to vote whatever way they wanted (I was a delegate at a few agm's and it was left to me to decide). I'm sure some clubs do consult their members, but overall, it's not representative.

Secondly, a large number of association members aren't in clubs at all (don't know what proportion now, but it used to be as high as 50%) so don't get any sort of vote. The only way you'll get a true picture of what the members want is a 1 member = 1 vote system and a 100% turnout at elections. I wonder how many of the clubs currently complaining about the democratic deficit in the association would adopt that system? It was tried a few years back and the clubs rejected it outright. So much for wanting democracy! Turkeys voting for Christmas was what they said. It seems that everyone on every side just wants the democratic system that ensures they will win themselves.

I often wonder if sporting associations as a whole would be better off picking their committees by pulling names out of a hat! Odds are you'll get at least a couple of competent people on the committee and the rest can sit back and watch them do all the work. That's what seems to happen anyway, even with all the complex voting systems and political infighting. One club (not shooting) that I was in couldn't get anyone to be Chairman. At the agm a member slipped out for a smoke and we elected him in abstentia. He put up a fight but ended up doing the job and turned out to be the best Chairman we ever had - makes you wonder;)

• Advertisement

kemen wrote: »
    oh so just because leinster wanted change everything had to be changed!!!what a joke, thats just a fine example of what would happen if the 3 got in.. look after every1 in leinster an f*%k everyone else!!!

Kemen - I feel your frustration.

No one complained about the 40% rule that prevented one province taking over the association when a certain province located north of Leinster had over 50% of the votes. Leinster and everyone else was perfectly happy with the current system. Look what happened a few years back when Leinster tried to take over - court cases, members suspended, money lost to shooting.

[Mods - please delete if I'm getting too political, I'm useless at self-moderation]

Advertisement