Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bored outta my head

• 30-03-2012 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Unemployed ATM, no course going. Woke up at 7AM this morning. I have some video games and they normally keep me going but i've been bored of them lately.

Oh man, can't wait for the day to end!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

An unemployed ATM...maybe you could hook up with those unemployed voting machines?

go do some volunteer work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

well thats a depressing outlook OP

why not go for a walk or get involved with a local charity? they'll welcome "free" workers and it would look great on CVs if and when the jobs are there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

An unemployed ATM...maybe you could hook up with those unemployed voting machines?

So bad its nearly funny ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

Go out on a nice long walk. Day will go quicker and will clear the head:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Theres another one tomorrow, sorry to put a downer on things for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Redtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Make sweet love to a sock

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

Redtube

That will only last a few minutes:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Run.

• Advertisement

Time won't fill itself, wash the car if you have one, go for a cycle if you have a bike, go for a run or a jog, if you are fat and don't exercise all the more reason to, if you already exercise than do more. Volunteer with VdP etc for helping out with the meal and wheels or something simialar. Get involved with the samaritans or childline etc etc etc some evening a week.

loads to do really but you have to make it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Promac wrote: »
    Run.

Forest. Run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

find something constructive to do with yourself. I'm sure there are plenty of things in your community that you could volunteer for. Cut an old persons grass or something - they may not be able to afford to pay you for it, but you certainly will feel good about doing it, instead of sitting down wishing the day was over.

Forest. Run.

Running in a forest is awesome - no wait - you guys are still in Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Buy a trampoline!
    Promac wrote: »
    Running in a forest is awesome - no wait - you guys are still in Ireland...

We have forests in Ireland :confused: Oh, we also have rivers!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Unemployed ATM, no course going. Woke up at 7AM this morning. I have some video games and they normally keep me going but i've been bored of them lately.

Break up the day with different tasks:

Go for a walk
    Look online for jobs
    Look for free courses online
    Catch up with friends
    Do a few favours for neighbours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Cook some bread, guy's/chicks like bread

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

so what your saying is, you lack the ability to learn how to use the internet....
    You can learn flash, have script C+, photo shop, illustrator, html... You don't need fas or solas to keep you going for courses...

Fas supplyied me with a flash course once.... no program just a bunch of screen shots telling me how to use it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Join a gym or a sports club. It'll get you out of the house, and get you fit if you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Snowie wrote: »
    so what your saying is, you lack the ability to learn how to use the internet....
    You can learn flash, have script C+, photo shop, illustrator, html... You don't need fas or solas to keep you going for courses...

Fas supplyied me with a flash course once.... no program just a bunch of screen shots telling me how to use it :pac:

That's kind of harsh, it's almost like youre implying 'i'm only fcuking brilliant' ,sure who needs fás, they didn't give me any info just a few screen shots and now look what i can do' :\ *tut tut* :p

I agree with the rest, do things to talk your mind off it, don't keep looking online for jobs -because it may depress you even more. If there are odd jobs around the house to do, now is the perfect time :) - CLEAN , everybody loves a clean house! Defiantly go for a walk, it'll give you a chance to think and clear your mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Get a bag of cans and sit out your back garden if your posh , go the local park if your common.
    Im learning guitar with my unemployment, Im also nursing an interest in alcoholism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Smoke some weed or drink all day for people on the dole its the only way.:pac:

Buy a trampoline!

We have forests in Ireland!

There's like 3 forests in Ireland. Greedy fire-startin bastards...

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Get the Internet
    And start annoying people
    Tis great craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

lisaface wrote: »
    That's kind of harsh, it's almost like youre implying 'i'm only fcuking brilliant' ,sure who needs fás, they didn't give me any info just a few screen shots and now look what i can do' :\ *tut tut* :p

I think you missed the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

lisaface wrote: »
    :pac:

Well actually Im implying that if your going to provide training at least provide it properly ;)

handing you a few screen shots and no program is pointless, you need to use the program in order to learn it... ;)

now run along like a good girl :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Snowie wrote: »

Hear hear, I was going to suggest Perl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

If you're bored go do something. Go for a walk, read a book, learn a new skill, work on an exsiting skill, do some exercise etc etc etc....

Only kids and boring people get bored

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

OP you are so lucky that this is not Saturday from 9 to 11.

Hello all,

Saturday mornings are typically quiet on the site, so it gives the lads on the tech team a golden opportunity to do some essential maintenance that should see some improvements in the performance of the site. So as a result, there'll be some down-time between 9am and 11am (at the latest) whilst they take care of things.

Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Getting yourself motivated can be a real challenge, the self employed face the same barrier. I recommend setting up a schedule and sticking to it, wake up at 7am, eat breakfast, exercise, and start doing something at 9am, and so on. Giving yourself some structure can really help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Grow a few plants.
    Talk to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭knowit12

join a gym, buy a box set of your favoirte show, take up a sport, look for a job

I sympathise, I was unemployed for a year once and after a while you really do get sick of the tele, video games and reading. Its the lack of structure and purpose that gets you.

Its kind of strange, it seems to be only a modern phenomenon, work was seen as demeaning and something that had to be done right up to the industrial revolution. Now no work is seen as demeaning and diminishing.

Even if I won the lotto I would still have to do something with my day. I would probably end up buying a pub rather then drinking in it day in day out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hickorydock

Firstly, routine, routine, routine is essential. The art of self discipline is a challenge you have to work at. Don't end up a couch potato with no purpose to your day. That is disaster zone. Fill your day with things you personally enjoy. Have you got an interest in a certain hobby i.e art, art classes and practice the skill of sketching, Paint all the paintings you ever wanted to paint but never had the time. music, reading all your favourite novels, favourite authors? - now is your chance. You must have to do the chores in the house, Paint the garden wall, Clean the windows, Study a subject for an exam, Take up woodwork, sewing, tapestry, make the curtains for the living room, gardening is a wonderful occupation too. You have a responsibility to care for your physical health, your spiritual wellbeing etc. charity work, volunteer work - good for the soul. Do crosswords, sudoku, puzzles etc. Take up a sport to get fit or fitter, The skies the limit. Have you got a pet or an animal you would love to care for? If you can afford to give a homeless creature a home -make it happen. They will need you to care for them. Give them your time and love. You will not regret it and gain the trust and loyalty of a pet is a treasure. Believe me. Precious time is slipping away. as the song says.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

New fifa is out soon , thatll keep you going for a few weeks.

"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars".--- - Oscar Wilde.

"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars".--- - Oscar Wilde.

Speak for yourself Oscar.

44leto wrote: »
    Speak for yourself Oscar.

Since when did OW need permission to speak.
    Merely a quote. Nothing more. Nothing less. Savoir eh.

Advertisement