Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volvo Ocean Race 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

LimGal wrote: »
    I aint continuing this discussion its obvious to everyone YOU are.

You're as bad as each other trying to get the last word, just leave it be!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

J o e wrote: »
    You're as bad as each other trying to get the last word, just leave it be!

I have nothing to ask him.

He seems to want to ask me a question.I have asked him to PM it.He refuses and wants to carry on the argument here.

Why dont you ask him why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

vulcan57 wrote: »
    I was actually on the other side of the road towards the docks. I was using (with great difficulty in the crowds) a Canon 100-400mm lens.

What camera if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

squonk wrote: »
    Thank Jebus there isn't a gig tonight because I'm getting gigged out though I'll be down the prom for the fireworks!

I thought hot 8 brass and hypnotic brass ensemble were on tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I have nothing to ask him.

He seems to want to ask me a question.I have asked him to PM it.He refuses and wants to carry on the argument here.

Why dont you ask him why?
    Just shut up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

evil_seed wrote: »
    I thought hot 8 brass and hypnotic brass ensemble were on tonight?
    They are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

jenno86 wrote: »
    I was actually on the other side of the road towards the docks. I was using (with great difficulty in the crowds) a Canon 100-400mm lens.

What camera if you dont mind me asking?

I use a Canon 7D, and I have no problem with you asking :) .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

THFC wrote: »
    Just shut up then.

Why dont you try not be so ignorant.
    And shut up yourself ya yid:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

squonk wrote: »
    When they came along first in the late 80's I used to get people coming up to me in the street going "Howya Leo!", and indeed it got me into a few places and got me up to the bar in packed nightclubs a bit faster too! I'll take that as a compliment so ilovesleep :D

How are you fixed for Saturday night? Can I buy you a drink?

just kidding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

THFC wrote: »
    Just shut up then.
    Why dont you try not be so ignorant.
    And shut up yourself ya yid:)
    You two stop now.
    Let's leave Night of Loud Noises behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

I use a Canon 7D, and I have no problem with you asking :) .

holy moly, 7D never heard of that before, last time i checked there was on 3D. cinema's are so far behind with 3D, looking at 7d picture would be unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

Holy s**t, I came on here to check out was it worth heading to Galway for the festivities tomorrow night and all I see is page after page of complaining. Why can't ye make yer point and leave it at that??
    Anyway, would people generally recommend a trip down? Bearing in mind I'd be travelling, is it worth it? Would tomorrow night be any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Pretty good crowds around today in spite of the weather.

The walkways in South Park seem to be sinking into the mud in spots... but I guess the Claddagh people didn't call the area 'The Swamp' for nothing.

3hr-rain.gif

Met Eireann 3 hour forecast suggests a damp squib rather than fireworks... hope they are wrong :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Well if you are into beautiful people, alcohol, soothing music, fireworks, wet patches.. then yeah it is worth being here tonight.
    But tomorrow, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

just wondering what time are the fireworks at tonight and where's the best spot to watch them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Will the fireworks still go ahead as planned if it's raining?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

7501480580_c2bb6dfb59_c.jpg

7501251252_969cf4cff6_c.jpg

7501245562_88bb4a3b7f_c.jpg

7501349126_5d1b8e59b6_c.jpg

Some more here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

houseplant wrote: »
    hy can't ye make yer point and leave it at that??
    Anyway, would people generally recommend a trip down? Bearing in mind I'd be travelling, is it worth it? Would tomorrow night be any good?

There will be craic whatever night!:D

I am friends with people in at least four of the local bands playing and one thing that came up was they noticed people found it difficult to know what time the smaller acts were on from the 'programme', and where things were.

I mentioned the Salthill stage for example (it's actually right beside Seapoint on the prom), which is listed for Thurs and Fri as 'youth bands'. If ye look at who's playing on those days, there's a few 'far from youths' :p who would be fairly well known (and well worth a look) Galway and Limerick bands.

Have a wander, you will have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Fireworks start at 1045pm somewhere in the vicinity of Mutton Island. Best vantage points being in South park and beyond.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Will the fireworks still go ahead as planned if it's raining?

Should do, would only be cancelled if there were very strong winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Went out on rib a today ,€15 for 30 minutes and was definitely worth it. Went out and was right beside Camper and Groupama while they were sailing (if anyone was watching the live stream when they were entering Galway, we were a bit closer than when the cameraman was filming) and had some helicopter do a very low flyby which kind of topped it off really :) haven't a clue what it was, no registration number or anything, just all green. We were then asked if we wanted to have some fun so he cued the music on the onboard speakers and let those 2 250HP outboards liven up a bit :cool:. Anyone got €85,000 rib? Wouldn't mind becoming your friend haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

What was that earlier about senior citizens being kept awake in the early hours?

These guys are the senior citizens...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Dry weather expected for the rest of the evening, yay. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

m22735_crop18_608x404_13414023629E65.jpg

m22732_crop12_608x404_proportional_134140225634DD.jpg

Abu Dhabi's keel being repaired after it is thought they damaged it by snareing a lopster pot on the last leg from Lorient.

The yacht was levered on to its side in the Galway dock using halyards and ropes attached to the mast and the team worked from a dinghy for more than eight hours to repair the damage.

More on the story here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I hope ye miserable squabbling types all give Crystal Swing a miss at the weekend. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I hope ye miserable squabbling types all give Crystal Swing a miss at the weekend. :(

are they actually playing in galway??

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Brad768 wrote: »
    Went out on rib a today ,€15 for 30 minutes and was definitely worth it. Went out and was right beside Camper and Groupama while they were sailing (if anyone was watching the live stream when they were entering Galway, we were a bit closer than when the cameraman was filming) and had some helicopter do a very low flyby which kind of topped it off really :) haven't a clue what it was, no registration number or anything, just all green. We were then asked if we wanted to have some fun so he cued the music on the onboard speakers and let those 2 250HP outboards liven up a bit :cool:. Anyone got €85,000 rib? Wouldn't mind becoming your friend haha

This sounds great, Brad.

Did you have to book it or was there somewhere specific to go?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Looks like they have not fixed the PA system. I can hear the noise in Circular Road thumpthumping away. Do I phone Environmental Health now or later?
    Edit - Ok that is seriously loud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

snubbleste wrote: »
    Looks like they have not fixed the PA system. I can hear the noise in Circular Road thumpthumping away. Do I phone Environmental Health now or later?
    Edit - Ok that is seriously loud.
    Yup, they've cranked it up to eleven. This is starting to piss me off some.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement