Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlevillage Green friendliest shop owner(not)

Options
  • 30-03-2012 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

The rudest proprietor of the local shop at Castle Village Green, I have finally decided not to go there anymore, the girls behind the deli are rubbing off him also, why be involved in something where customer service is necessary, you feel like your doing him a favour spending your money there. I would go in there everyday and get a cup of tea and everytime he asks me is it coffee?? Has anyone here experienced this grumpy shop keeper??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

just want to confirm what shop this is is the the one in celbridge between the dry cleaners and the butchers??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 passionate

Yes that's the one, JAK'S I think its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Since it changed to Daybreak and they got rid of the old manager and a lot of the staff its been terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Im there everyday, the old manager was not the nicest of men, had done some very unprofessional things, since It changed to daybreak there has been more stock and better deals, I think it was a good change.
    &@GARIT the staff are pretty much the exact same..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fisherman123

im sorry you dont go there because he asks you tea or coffee thats a basic question in every shop like in a garage your asked did you get any fuel,i work in a shop and lots of regular customers come in i cant remember what they get everyday so he probably didn't remember or maybe taught you might like a change,and i live locally so am in that shop often enough and its been very well done up compared to the last owner who i taught was giving castle village shops a bad rep and i'v never had a problem with the owner

• Advertisement

airmax87 wrote: »
    Im there everyday, the old manager was not the nicest of men, had done some very unprofessional things, since It changed to daybreak there has been more stock and better deals, I think it was a good change.
    &@GARIT the staff are pretty much the exact same..

The staff I used to talk to seem to be gone.

<snip>

The way the shop has been changes is ridiculous, I remember they added at least 20 cent onto everything when it opened. Apple Green used to be not great compared to Londis but its a lot better than Daybreak. In Daybreak any bars or anything are €0.80 to €1.30 in Apple Green its €0.70 to €0.90 of any two for €1. Its the same with crisps too. You can get 4 bottles of Lucozade sport in Daybreak for €8.80 in Tesco its €4. To be fair I haven't been to Daybreak since the first month it opened and go to Applegreen instead. I used to go to Londis everyday but its terrible now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you have problems with a post, report it. Don't respond on thread.

No problem, just just a bit suspicious when there is a very defensive post from a new poster.

defensive how im saying my opinion thats what the site is for and you obviously dont know anything about shops of course tesco would be cheaper its a multinational supermarket which buys more stock so can sell it for cheaper the more stock you buy the cheaper it gets a small independent shop cant compete and applegreen is robbery dont know what your saying

defensive how im saying my opinion thats what the site is for and you obviously dont know anything about shops of course tesco would be cheaper its a multinational supermarket which buys more stock so can sell it for cheaper the more stock you buy the cheaper it gets a small independent shop cant compete and applegreen is robbery dont know what your saying

Obviously I do know that. I was in Applegreen a few days ago and got two cans of Coke two packets of Doritos and two packets of M&Ms for €4 you couldn't get that in Daybreak. Without the deals in Applegreen the prices seem to be about the same.

About Applegreen being a robbery as you say, a few times I've gone to Daybreak and bought things then bought the same things in Applegreen the next day and Applegreen was cheaper every time.

I think Applegreen looks better and appears cleaner too.

• Advertisement

Keep it civil folks. fisherman123, I suggest you take a quick read of the forum charter on the top of the forum.

why what am i doing wrong?

€4 mate no1 could do that and make a profit

I think it's increasingly clear *which* shop you may be working in. As such, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement