Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown Centre Staff! Your Opinions?

Options
  • 30-03-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Hi

I work in the Blanchardstown Centre as do probably many people so i do be in the majority of shops during the week. I do find some staff extrememly helpful and some others not so much.

What are your opinions of the Staff within the shops in the centre and your experiences?

IMO Tom Stanleys are the worst, They just cant wait to get rid of your without even a thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Champions Sports are very rude at times I find.

No pride in the job at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Carroller wrote: »
    Hi
    I work in the Blanchardstown Centre as do probably many people

Not sure what you hope to gain from this thread OP. Is it just another chance for people to bemoan and bitch about shops or are you looking for compliments (since you work there yourself)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Gaspode wrote: »
    Hi
    I work in the Blanchardstown Centre as do probably many people

Not sure what you hope to gain from this thread OP. Is it just another chance for people to bemoan and bitch about shops or are you looking for compliments (since you work there yourself)?

Just merely looking for opinions! not compliments either which is the simple fact i didnt give where I work!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Hi

I work in the Blanchardstown Centre as do probably many people so i do be in the majority of shops during the week. I do find some staff extrememly helpful and some others not so much.

What are your opinions of the Staff within the shops in the centre and your experiences?

IMO Tom Stanleys are the worst, They just cant wait to get rid of your without even a thank you!

I love the staff in the shop where you work. Really cool & generous people.

P.S, can I get a discount?

Rest of the staff seem ok. A few nice, and few rude. Nothing unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I love the staff in the shop where you work. Really cool & generous people.

P.S, can I get a discount?

Rest of the staff seem ok. A few nice, and few rude. Nothing unexpected.

must be somewhere else your thinking of we're all pricks where I work :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Generally, I have never had a problem with any staff in any shop.

Now I have been around this forum for quite some time and there are people here that will find an issue about anything as Gaspode has mentioned.

The Blanchardstown center and it's staff are generally fine. it's amongst the top three shopping centers in the country and the staff seem to reflect that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

M&S staff are excellent!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

yeah I work in the centre, but I find we are told you need to ask everyone who comes in are they okay for everything (not in those exact words but yeah basically we have to approach them) personally I know when I go into a shop especially a small one if I'm asked that I walk out because I feel uncomfortable like I'm being watched or something.... (unless i know what i need) anyone else feel like that?!

however I don't think I've ever had a problem with any staff

Stinjy wrote: »
    yeah I work in the centre, but I find we are told you need to ask everyone who comes in are they okay for everything (not in those exact words but yeah basically we have to approach them) personally I know when I go into a shop especially a small one if I'm asked that I walk out because I feel uncomfortable like I'm being watched or something.... (unless i know what i need) anyone else feel like that?!

I love being asked "Do I need any help?"
    It's just good service!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

This will be a little off topic but I hope it is allowed.

When it comes to the shopping centre, I was thinking about the shops a bit because of what happened in Game during the week and how it is now closed down and it got me thinking about how shops looked like when they first opened the centre and how they are now.

I hate how shops that had personality were "marketed" into looking like every other shop in their group so when you stepped in, you would not know if you were in Blanchardstown or Swords or City Centre. These shops all became uniformed and in a sense, I think this is a factor, not a huge factor, of why these same shops are suffering and slowly going out of business.

1) Do you remember when HMV had a big wall of TVs, pretty much separating the audio from the visual departments? It looked unique. I thought it made the shop look great and gave it personality and as a teenager at the time, I enjoyed going into it, I wanted to shop there.

2) I remember Dixons when it was first there looking pretty cool and strange layout, but then again, they fecked it up, made it uniformed and there are usually more and more staff then customers in there.

3) Virgin was also quite custom, they had headsets on every aisle, it had a different feel and look to HMV and it was good having it side by side, but then again, they uniformed it and the slow road till collapse began.

4) Game used to be twice as big as it was, they had lots of tvs playing different videos or game trailers. They had consoles set up so you could play them and there was a friendly atmosphere. Once the store changed in what it is now, I think that really marked the turning point into the slow death of what was once the market leader.

There are definitely other factors that are probably more important, but I do think it plays a part how a shop looks. When it comes to the Blanchardstown Shopping centre, it has done well considering the recession and reacted positively. I do think there is a certain British Management Retail model that all the above companies have followed, which destroyed any identity, personality or imagination in a shop and it should really be avoided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I found the staff in Game fantastic.
    Pity I cant enjoy the quality of the service any more.
    Wish em all the best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Staff in Blanchardstown centre are,in general very helpful and friendly.

They have a difficult job to do in stressfull conditions and for fairly basic pay.

In particular i have great admiration for the dark haired waitress in Kays Kitchen...the one with the amazing arse...if you work there and have her phone number could you please pass it on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Stinjy wrote: »

I love being asked "Do I need any help?"
    It's just good service!

Fair enough, I just feel like I'm chasing people out the door when I approach, yet I know how they feel, anyway good to know I'm helping some people, :)

Staff in Blanchardstown centre are,in general very helpful and friendly.

They have a difficult job to do in stressfull conditions and for fairly basic pay.

In particular i have great admiration for the dark haired waitress in Kays Kitchen...the one with the amazing arse...if you work there and have her phone number could you please pass it on ?

I've no idea who you are talking about but I'll come back to you on that when i qualify that statement for myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Just merely looking for opinions! not compliments either which is the simple fact i didnt give where I work!

You wouldnt have to give where you work there, to be given compliments.

A poster says the staff in shop X are great. If you work in shop X, compliment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Have to agree there, a lady called Louise ? works on the checkouts, always in good form and service is excellent.

All round the staff in there are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Hi

Ye have to agree, got the feeling today in the one near dunnes that i was an inconvenience to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Tom Stanley's and Dunnes Stores in the Blanchardstown centre seem to employ a number of residents in the Ladyswell, Dromheath and Corduff hinterland. That would explain a lot in terms of the replies in this thread and in the ''Standard of customer service in supermarkets in Dublin 15'' thread. There's good and bad everywhere and I know there are decent people as well in the areas i've mentioned working there, but these employers seems like a bit of a magnet for some dubious characters based in that hinterland. That's just the reality and the decent people based there would say the same as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Now that's a generalisation if ever I've seen one.
    Absolutely ridiculous statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

doesnt mean its not true and perhaps he has first hand experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I've shopped in the centre for years and never had any problems with staff. While I can't recall any examples of outstanding service, the fact that I cannot remember any negative experiences (which usually provokes people to post in forums like this) implies for me that they are just fine.

I also think associating poor service with the addresses of where the staff come from is also extreme generalisation. That's like implying everyone from Tallaght carries on like they do in Tallafornia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ongarboy wrote: »
    That's like implying everyone from Tallaght carries
    on like they do in Tallafornia!

The irony being that none of the muppets from Tallafornia are from Tallaght.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Okocim wrote: »
    Tom Stanley's and Dunnes Stores in the Blanchardstown centre seem to employ a number of residents in the Ladyswell, Dromheath and Corduff etc........
    doesnt mean its not true and perhaps he has first hand experience.

You are correct wildlifeboy, it doesn't mean it's not true, but by the same token it doesn't mean it's not a sweeping generalisation with no basis in reality either!

Okocim, unless you went around and got home addresses from all the staff, or you know them all personally, then how do you know they're from the areas mentioned?
    I'm letting the comment pass for the moment, mostly because it makes you look bad rather than the staff of those shops. Think carefully before your next post!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hunglikeaflee

It is funny how different people see things.

I love M&S but I drive past the Blanchardstown Centre to go to M&S in Liffey Valley because I find the staff in Blanchardstown rude and sometimes outright obnoxious.

One day after standing in front of staff for 3 minuets to ask a question, I had to say sorry but I have a quick question could you help and she said don’t be so rude cant you see we are talking. What they were talking about was a new boss and how they wouldn’t stand for her telling them what to do and they would teach her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I love the staff in Dunnes Stores food department. Everybody is nice and helpful, and all the checkout girls are great for a chat. It feels like one big family there.

And I love the guys and girls in Starbucks! They are so friendly, and the guy with the beard is so funny (is that you OP :D )!

Overall, I have no complaints about Blanchardstown Centre staff (though I agree with what posters say about Tom Stanley's), it's why I keep going back there again and again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭choobles

I work in the Blanch retail park myself and have major issues with the center "security" or whatever they want to call themselves.

Major power trips they seem to be on.

Not a fan of the Dunnes staff as they seem more interested in talking to each other than serving customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

For those who seem to be jumping up and down about my last post I'd suggest reading it again..carefully this time particularly the following.

''There's good and bad everywhere and I know there are decent people as well in the areas i've mentioned working there,''

On a positive note, received great customer service recently in Argos at the centre. Dealt with 3 staff there and each were excellent, this after a bad experience at Argos in The Ilac Centre, so good staff make a big difference. It's a tough job working in retail dealing with ''the public'', but those with a bit of customer awareness, social skills, a positive attitude and some basic cop on do fine for themselves and those they serve, it's not rocket science and customers and workers alike just want to get on with it. It's the minority of staff who have turned being obnoxious into an art form that cause the problems....and i'm sure it works both ways as there are some ''tulips'' as customers as well that staff have to deal with.

Okocim wrote: »
    For those who seem to be jumping up and down about my last post I'd suggest reading it again..carefully this time particularly the following.

''There's good and bad everywhere and I know there are decent people as well in the areas i've mentioned working there,''

On a positive note, received great customer service recently in Argos at the centre. Dealt with 3 staff there and each were excellent, this after a bad experience at Argos in The Ilac Centre, so good staff make a big difference. It's a tough job working in retail dealing with ''the public'', but those with a bit of customer awareness, social skills, a positive attitude and some basic cop on do fine for themselves and those they serve, it's not rocket science and customers and workers alike just want to get on with it. It's the minority of staff who have turned being obnoxious into an art form that cause the problems....and i'm sure it works both ways as there are some ''tulips'' as customers as well that staff have to deal with.

There are more staff in Argos from Mulhuddart and Corduff than in Tom Stanleys and that is from someone who's brother over see's all of the Argos stores in the city.

Your comment previously is nothing short of bonkers.

kelle wrote: »
    I love the staff in Dunnes Stores food department. Everybody is nice and helpful, and all the checkout girls are great for a chat. It feels like one big family there.

And I love the guys and girls in Starbucks! They are so friendly, and the guy with the beard is so funny (is that you OP :D )!

Overall, I have no complaints about Blanchardstown Centre staff (though I agree with what posters say about Tom Stanley's), it's why I keep going back there again and again!

I love that guy too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

kelle wrote: »

Thats the problem, they are not there for a chat.

Advertisement