Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4: Recommend a water-resistant/drop-resistant case?

• 30-03-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Between cracking my previous iPhone's screen barely days after I got it, then plonking it in water, I've been pretty clumsy with it. Getting a new one, so was wondering if people can recommend any discrete cases which still offer some form of water resistance, particularly the power socket? (I don't mind having to take case or/off to charge it).

P.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 OxiMoron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

OxiMoron wrote: »
    Saw them in Harvey Norman in blanchardstown the other day if you prefer to see them in the flesh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Otterbox is the way to go.
    Not the prettiest but the best, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Have this one myself, can't recommend it enough.

http://www.switcheasy.com/product.php?product=ECLIPSE_iPhone4S

€20 plus postage from Germany, I haven't seen a better case (personal opinion obviously). It includes
    • Eclipse™ case
    • Two anti-static Screen Guards
    • One Microfiber Wipe
    • One squeegee screen guard applicator
    • Two Power Jack Connector Protectors
    • Two 3.5mm Headphone Jack Protectors
    • One Video Dock Stand
    All reviews are excellent.

Does the Eclipse have water resistance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

biko wrote: »
    Otterbox is the way to go.
    Not the prettiest but the best, imo.

Cheers - unfortunately those ones explicitly mention they're not waterproof.

P.

I'm not sure you can get waterproof without a plastic bag. For instance there will always be a hole for the mic I think.
    Otterbox are drop and water resistant, which means you can use it in the rain and mud, good for builders.

This looks like what you're looking for?
    http://www.treehugger.com/gadgets/solar-powered-waterproof-iphone-case-backpackers-dream.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

biko wrote: »
    Does the Eclipse have water resistance?

No, not water resistant but I have used it in the rain on a bike as a gps and it survived ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭jamesd

Here is what you want : http://www.lifeproof.com/

Saw this and thought of this thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good old SKB, eh? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 annoyedabit

I just registered again to express my disgust at the Moderators in this forum.
    I am actually Oximoron and because i linked the Otterbox case near the top of this thread i was banned for life!
    How pathetic is that.

I shall no longer bother droppng in here to give my advice to people regarding their ipods or iphones. I run a successful repair company and pop in here now and then to offer free advice only to be shot down. I do not link my website in my posts.

Sorry all but it beggars belief that I should get banned for advising on a bloody waterproof iphone case lol.

Ta ta.

mods. You can ban this profile too now if you wish, if i wanted to come back i would just re-register.

OxiMoron wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭colincork

I just registered again to express my disgust at the Moderators in this forum.
    I am actually Oximoron and because i linked the Otterbox case near the top of this thread i was banned for life!
    How pathetic is that.

I shall no longer bother droppng in here to give my advice to people regarding their ipods or iphones. I run a successful repair company and pop in here now and then to offer free advice only to be shot down. I do not link my website in my posts.

Sorry all but it beggars belief that I should get banned for advising on a bloody waterproof iphone case lol.

Ta ta.

mods. You can ban this profile too now if you wish, if i wanted to come back i would just re-register.

Did he really get banned for that?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 troubledagain

Is it possible to tell the difference between a genuine apple screen and a non-apple screen by just looking at them on an iPhone..... Having a disagreement with an iPhone repair company

Advertisement