Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

activities in long weekend?

Options
  • 30-03-2012 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

I am looking for ideas to do challenging stuff during the coming long weekend,but the problem is we have 3 year old daughter who cant join with us.Is there any idea where both parents and our child will be happy and have enough challenging and fun activities togather or on their own at the same time. no I don't have the option to leave our daughter with someone and we can go for it as everyone have plans already and don't have her grand parents here.

we havent done such stuff before but are very excited to do it but...:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I dunno, sometime when you have kids, you just have to accept that their needs come first. When ours were younger, that ended up being the overiding priority. Most children that age like a bit of a playground, other kids, a swimming pool etc. - they could be getting a bit heavy to carry all that far on your back. Maybe cycle touring with a child carrier?
    So that's what I'd be thinking, share the child watching and be prepared to head off on your own challenging activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

yeah you are right barry,will wait for some climbing,hiking activities when her grands are here to watch here i guess. For now we are planning doolin caves, cycling in doolin and probably cruise to cliffs of moher (for birds view O'briens tower)and aran islands (inishmore with horse cart journey for smiles on her face)- probably 2 days trip or 3 days not sure. Left with no other idea up untill now for any other destinations but will try to find some other options too.

some wicklow walks seems interesting with some buggy routes as well.kiddy loves to walk and seems that low level water routes might be of her interest too.

Advertisement