Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Much colder Tues onward ------>Frost/wintry showers (Risk of snow in East for a time)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

diceyd wrote: »
    bits of snow coming down in finglas,clear view of mountains here,let yous know if anything happens there

It better not Snow there when im up here!!! .... TYPICAL! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

:D Snowing in Greystones.:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

3.3c DP 2.2c now. Light rain with a bit of sleetiness. Should be falling as snow on higher ground now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kenskool

Mountains outside Tallaght: light snow and flurries getting bigger it has dropped to 2 degrees now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Wintry mix of rain, hail and sleet in Dalkey...strong winds! Even a few flakes mixed in earlier..I expect a nice coating on the mountains tomorrow morning

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mixture of rain and sleet/wet snow now. :)

3.3c DP 1.8c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

kenskool wrote: »
    Mountains outside Tallaght: light snow and flurries getting bigger it has dropped to 2 degrees now.

Will you keep us updated if snow accumulates on the hills around Tallaght?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Precip getting sneachtier, so cold out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Not at home at the moment but i see the weather station in Bray dropped to 3.7C in a shower there about a half hour ago, mighty cold for a coastal location!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

sleety wet snow in castlebar. it would freeze the balls off ya in the wind chill

• Advertisement

Same here.... small flakes coming down here and there now.... hopefully temp continues to drop! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

A wee touch of sleet in Slane with a temp of 3.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kenskool

Will you keep us updated if snow accumulates on the hills around Tallaght?

I will ye. Still just wet snow here but it has gone down to 1.8 Degrees and dropping. Tis mighty cold

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Bit of sleet in the mix at Dun Laoghaire Harbour now, 4.2C, N/NE Force 8 gusts, you wouldnt have believed it a week ago

Getting rain and every so often a burst of wet snow, with flakes blowing around in the wind, and then back to rain. 3.2c DP 1.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Just had a short windy burst of rain mixed with flakes in Wicklow Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

3.5 degrees in dublin city, lashing rain and very strong winds.:eek: Colder than its been all winter, also feels like last summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Trogdor wrote: »
    Not at home at the moment but i see the weather station in Bray dropped to 3.7C in a shower there about a half hour ago, mighty cold for a coastal location!

Just home from greystones - Blizzard like on the coast road Trog - Car was saying 2c.. Absolutely drowned getting to the car .... bring it on !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

We had a brief hail shower here in Waterford about 15 mins ago. Temp dropped from 8.8c at 16.45 to 6.1c at 17.15. Sun out again now with a temp of 6.7c. Max Gust today 50km/h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Had some hail showers earlier.

Currently 3.8C with a DP of -1.0C. I think we will get snow later if we get any precipitation of note given the temperatures will fall further.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Scarilly sleety sw of arklow-snow line is probably down to 800ft at the moment - but shower is easing-no idea on temp or do untill I get to the house .
    Heading up high in an hr or so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭thomasj

There's a light sleety mix currently falling in Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Serious hail falling here ,everythings white :)

Bits of sleet/wet snow blowing in the wind. 3.3c DP 1.2c

I hope the main bands of ppn over the Irish Sea don't get pulled east with the low centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I got cought in a heavy sleet/wet snow shower while on the bike heading to portlaoise hospital around 4pm, bloody cold and windy not great weather for the bike

Wet but light snow here now in Stepaside! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Well for what its worth, NAE and Hirlam show action right through till morning.

NAE 6AM
    12040406_0312.gif

Hirlam 6am
    198868.gif

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

it has really brightend up in finglas

4.3 degrees
    wind 2 mph

pretty calm out here

temp raising along with the pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Arklow air temp 2.9c :eek:
    Dp 1.4c

No wonder there's flakes

Just drizzling atm with sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭arctictree

+1.1c here. Snow/hail easing off. Just below the snow line here.

Advertisement