Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Much colder Tues onward ------>Frost/wintry showers (Risk of snow in East for a time)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

4.3C here with some sleet but the bigger event here at the moment seems to be the wind. Only gusting to 64kph on the station but on the seafront you can barely stand up and the waves coming onto the shore are enormous, some don't even have the time to break before the whole weave is whipped off by the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Was snowing in carrickmines dublin 18 half an hour ago for 20 mins, didnt stick...just wet, cold and windy now! Ive just flown home from 2 and half months of 35 degree heat in south east asia so to say im feeling the cold is understatement lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eredmond

We had a brief hail shower here in Waterford about 15 mins ago. Temp dropped from 8.8c at 16.45 to 6.1c at 17.15. Sun out again now with a temp of 6.7c. Max Gust today 50km/h.

Will We get snow down here then do ya think?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light rain with bits of sleet here all afternoon, cleared now and drying up. Bitterly cold outside, the coldest it's felt in about a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Hail and sleet showers here every half an hour or so, some snow mixed in every now and then. A bit of snow on the hills but its only a patchy covering.

Like Trogdor the wind has been the most notable thing here with a constant strong wind making it feel bitterly cold outside, thankfully I haven't had to venture out much. 4C with a dp of -1.7C at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Unfortunately winds far too strong for any consistent showers, just patches of light rain, sleet, and hail blowing in the gale...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Strong winds & heavy hail in greystones now. Lights are starting to flicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sleet falling in Swords at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sleet here in mid-Louth too atm.. It looks as if it really wants to snow

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

we got rainy sleet dare i say graupel :eek:

temp now 3.2 with raising pressure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Sleet here in mid-Louth too atm.. It looks as if it really wants to snow

I'm on the Louth-Meath border and it's snowing here : ) Just on and off though, not a huge amount. Good big flakes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Temperature fell to 2.8C in a shower, started to snow before it stopped, current DP at -1.5C, wind chill of -1.8C.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Return of the graupel! :) Graupel and sleet shower now. 2.8c DP 1.0c

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Wet snow and sleet the story of our lives and let's not forget the good old snow on higher ground :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

18Z Synops:

Casement - Sleet Shower, Temp/DP 3.2/0.1
    Dublin Airport - Intermittent light rain, Temp/DP 2.5/0.6

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

eredmond wrote: »
    Will We get snow down here then do ya think?

I would love to see a few flakes but i can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Some sleet in d 15

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just had a very light snow shower, not sure there will be much else tonight other than the odd light flake, the front seems to be decaying with the main stuff over the Irish sea towards Wales. The showers here seem to be over as soon as they start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Flakes falling here at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Yeah some snow tomorrow for Birmingham, don't think will set but i like seeing the snow fall.
    The last snow fall this winter!

(These reminds of 2008 weather, warm then cold weather, Wash out July and snowy October really and cold December with a lot of snow in Jan 09)

2012, I think this summer it going something like 2003! (Which I hated lol) , We not had a summer like that for a very long time. I think this year could be it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temperature is up and down a lot here as the showers pass but it never drifts too far from about 4.0C.

Currently 3.6C/1.6C in a brief interlude between showers.
    Trogdor wrote: »
    4.3C here with some sleet but the bigger event here at the moment seems to be the wind. Only gusting to 64kph on the station but on the seafront you can barely stand up and the waves coming onto the shore are enormous, some don't even have the time to break before the whole weave is whipped off by the wind!

Here's a picture from earlier:
    There's a few more in the weather pictures forum here
    DSC_1219.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Has anyone pictures of the snow yet falling or lying in there areas?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Over Ballymun a short while ago. Lots of hail, very squally and unpleasant for pedestrians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Snowing nicely here at the gate of croghan ..lovely light cover lovely flakes! Snow started at 600ft asl-now at 1000ft heading higher walking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Gusty winds and snow here - winter begins in April:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Wind reading 28km/h, gusting to 55.8km/h atm, no real snow here but plenty of hail and graupel
    3c atm DP1c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I seen a hill in the distance from here covered in snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Anfield Road

It's been snowing here in Rathdrum since about 6.30/7pm and strong winds to!. Lampost watching is fun here this evening!. It's very wet out though so it won't stick but it's strange to be looking out at big snowflakes falling in Easter week:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just got a text from a friend saying its snowing in Glasnevin

here in arklow its blowing a stink, freezing and bucketing down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

just got a text from a friend saying its snowing in Glasnevin

here in arklow its blowing a stink, freezing and bucketing down

I'm in Arklow also, and its not snowing/raining near me:o

Advertisement