Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 for 2 paint

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

paddy147 wrote: »
    Eh BnQ do sell 4 inch solids and also 9 inch breeze blocks.

The price prommise is not done on special offer prices.

Only on rrp prices.

bull

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

darokane wrote: »
    bull

Hmmm.......now I wonder what is sitting outside of BnQ Liffey Valley,sitting out back in their gardening/outdoor sections and also sitting in the building materials section and outdoor section of BnQ Airside.

Because they do look like 4 inch solids and 9 inch breeze blocks to me.Oh and "half solid block" too

I wonder what you call them then????

PS-How did the fence painting go???

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

Price promise is on any other retailer in Ireland, needs to be on comparable products that need to be in stock in other retailer and that's it...pretty straightforward if you ask me

Kinikie wrote: »
    Price promise is on any other retailer in Ireland, needs to be on comparable products that need to be in stock in other retailer and that's it...pretty straightforward if you ask me

I think there also a distance related catch too,I think its a 10km distance from what I remember.

PS-How did the fence painting go???

2 tubs, cost €18
    would have only been €12 in the builders providers :p

2 tubs, cost €18
    would have only been €12 in the builders providers :p

Yep,they cost 7 euro 50 cents for a 6 litre tub in Chadwicks,Heiton Buckleys and SBS.

And you went and paid 9 euro for the same 6 litre tub in Woodies.

Well done indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Not in Airside they dont.Not there last week or this week either.I checked in person and with management too..

Paddy you really should go to Specsavers!!!
    Inside the door at Airside B&Q there are tins of WHITE and other colour Dulux Weather Shield . It is also in the paint section.
    Maybe they hide it when they see you coming ?. The store manager must be telling you porkies as well if he says they haven’t got it in stock.:D
    Saw it myself Sat. morning.

AleoN

AleoN wrote: »
    Paddy you really should go to Specsavers!!!
    Inside the door at Airside B&Q there are tins of WHITE and other colour Dulux Weather Shield . It is also in the paint section.
    Maybe they hide it when they see you coming ?. The store manager must be telling you porkies as well if he says they haven’t got it in stock.:D
    Saw it myself Sat. morning.

AleoN

They were not there 2 weeks ago,as was originaly posted.At the time,I checked in-store and also asked the manager and they only had the normal 10 litre tubs of it (shop assistant showed me them).

And If you looked at my other subsiquent posts,you would have read and seen what I have since posted.

Regards.

Yep,they cost 7 euro 50 cents for a 6 litre tub in Chadwicks,Heiton Buckleys and SBS.

And you went and paid 9 euro for the same 6 litre tub in Woodies.

Well done indeed.

:eek:Excuse Me!
    They were 5 litres

• Advertisement

:eek:Excuse Me!
    They were 5 litres

Builders Providers sell 5 litre tubs with 20% extra free (so 6 litres in total) for 7 euro 50 cents.

And you paid 9 euro in Woodies (..."theres no better buy in diy"...me hole :rolleyes:...) for only 5 litres.

Ouch indeed then.

Hope the fence painting went well though?

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Can't be arsed reading back through this,

Deal finishes on Thursday, is it good or bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Can't be arsed reading back through this,

Deal finishes on Thursday, is it good or bad?

For the sake of it being (or not being) a few euro more per tin, I would reckon its still a good deal based on your getting another tin free .ie 3 tins with a 33.33% discount on each...thats of course if they are the same value, otherwise its the cheapest free.
    And since your after paint, i assume your not interested in blocks, wood or screws.
    Did I miss anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

I think there also a distance related catch too,I think its a 10km distance from what I remember.

No, price promise is ANY retailer in republic of Ireland where same or comparable product is available in stock to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

They were not there 2 weeks ago,as was originaly posted.At the time,I checked in-store and also asked the manager and they only had the normal 10 litre tubs of it (shop assistant showed me them).

And If you looked at my other subsiquent posts,you would have read and seen what I have since posted.

Regards.

The offer was there from the time that the OP posted this BA. Thats all that matters – not if it wasn’t available two weeks or two years ago !!
    I only came on here to rectify an inaccuracy from you stating that they did not stock the product when clearly they did. I saw it and the OP saw it (see post 19 ). Some people might have had an interest in buying the product and would have been put off by you saying it was not in stock.

I would agree with you that some items like timber and such are overpriced in B&Q and I would never buy such items from them, but some people find it convenient to pay a bit extra to shop on a Sunday or late at night which you cant do in your local builders merchants. Or maybe they wouldn’t have the time to run from one shop to another in the middle of the week like you do checking on prices.
    Its up to each individual to determine how and where they spend their money, and far be it for me to tell them how to. I don’t know if this was a good offer or not, all I am interested in is setting the record straight.
    Best of Luck
    AleoN

Kinikie wrote: »
    No, price promise is ANY retailer in republic of Ireland where same or comparable product is available in stock to buy

WRONG.....price prommise is classed as "locally" and this is defined as within a "10 mile" distrance.

As per read the BnQ terms and conditions from the computer screen at customer service in BnQ Airside this afternoon.I spoke to the store manager and she read it off the screen and also showed me the computer screen for me to read with my own eyes.

I will leave you to it now.

Regards.

• Advertisement

WRONG.....price prommise is within a "10 mile" distrance.

As per read from the computer screen at customer service in BnQ Airside this afternoon.The manager showed me herself.

For someone who constantly berates b&q and its prices, you seem to spend a lot of time in there

For someone who constantly berates b&q and its prices, you seem to spend a lot of time in there

......................Says the man who supposedly used to work for BnQ but doesnt seem to know much himself about what they sell,and then goes off to buy at a much more inflated price in Woodies instead.:

Yep I was out there,had a look around Smiths Toys Store with my girlfriends daughter,and we then had quick look around BnQ at some prices for the fun of it.

Have a good evening.

......................Says the man who used to work for BnQ but doesnt seem to know much himself about what they sell,and then goes off to buy at a much more inflated price in Woodies instead.:

Yep I was out there,had a look around Smiths Toys store with my girlfriends daughter,and we then had quick look around BnQ at some prices for the fun of it.

I know exactly what they sell in the shop i worked in, all about the price promise which you constantly lie about etc. etc.

I know exactly what they sell in the shop i worked in, all about the price promise which you constantly lie about etc. etc.

You "possibly" may know what they sold in "your" shop but you aint got a clue about any other BnQ Shops,as proved with your comments about blocks and the "bull" comments a few pages back.

You seem to be in denial that BnQ are much more expsensive and you dont want to accept anything,even when "pictorial proof" is shown.I can post many more pics of prices too.

Engage your brain and do your homework 1st, before making any more comments on the matter.

Enjoy your evening now.

Regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The topic is 3 for 2 paint, the price of every other item they sell is irrelevant.

Now back on topic

• Advertisement

3 for 2 paint, It's a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

WRONG.....price prommise is classed as "locally" and this is defined as within a "10 mile" distrance.

As per read the BnQ terms and conditions from the computer screen at customer service in BnQ Airside this afternoon.I spoke to the store manager and she read it off the screen and also showed me the computer screen for me to read with my own eyes.

I will leave you to it now.

Regards.

new policy came into effect a few months ago...covers every competitor within ireland, no witihn certain mileage restrictions
    From Gardening Brochure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

Cheers for the post. Great value. I managed to pick up 3 No. 12lt Dulux Weathershield for under 100 euro over the weekend in Swords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

Yes brilliant bargain alert. I need a lot of paint for an external paint job, got 126 litres of Dulux Weathershield (not white / magnolia) for total of €520. Before I bought, I called my local builder providers (where I am spending almost €4k on other materials); best they could do for the same amount of paint was €720. Guy I spoke with explained there is very little margin on external paint, so really no scope to discount (said internal paint would be easier).

On the same deal I also picked up some internal paint on the same basis.

I think B&Q shelf prices for branded paint are a little, like 5-10% more, than my local builder providers; the 3 for 2 makes the bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

just been in today and the 3 for 2 is finished :-( but they do have dulux masonry paint 10l plus 20% extra free for 39.98

How come Dulux Weathershield coloured paint is so much more expensive than the brilliant white??

Its over 60 euro for a 10 litre tub of the coloured paints,like black,brown,grey and so on.

How come Dulux Weathershield coloured paint is so much more expensive than the brilliant white??

Its over 60 euro for a 10 litre tub of the coloured paints,like black,brown,grey and so on.

is it cheaper in heiton buckley's?

is it cheaper in heiton buckley's?

Theres various different and cheaper builders providers and trade paint shops out there,and asking what the best price that can be done on the product also helps.:D

Regards.

Advertisement