Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

donedeal- is any body even buying off this

Options
  • 30-03-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

sorry lads if this is in the wrong place.

I know at least 6 people who tried selling cars-bikes off donedeal in the last 2 months.
    they never even got a phone call,

just wondering is any body even buying any more or is it just due to the thousands of cars-bikes and other rubbish on this site ??

Did any 1 sell an item off here recently and did you get close to the price you wanted ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭JD6910

i reckon it is a great site. i sold 2 life jackets in the winter period through the site!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭sonyvision

oh i agree plenty of stuff on offer and sum are hard to find else were

what im saying is if you didnt have sumthing unique ie run of the mill car-bike wats the chances of getting a reasonable price for it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ive found consistently that anyone who hasnt gotten viewings or offers on their vehicles on donedeal have extremely poor photos /not washed the car/ 1 photo of a side view (in the dark) or have written a ridiculously worded ad that looks like and idiot wrote it.

or the usual 'spotless' when its not.

ask in the motoring forum for advice. id say your ad is wrong or your expectations on price are wrong.

im not trying sell any thing right now, but if i was i be doing it in 2 months time

i know what you mean sum of the ads are terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I've sold a good few cars and numerous other bits and pieces on dondeal no problem, tell your friends to put them in at the right price and with good photos simples..

• Advertisement

bryaner wrote: »
    I've sold a good few cars and numerous other bits and pieces on dondeal no problem, tell your friends to put them in at the right price and with good photos simples..

i think they are reasonable prices but then again other people might not, ill say it to them any way thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

if the price is right then you will sell, I sold two cars within hours of going live or updating on Donedeal, but its a buyers market so if your car has average photos and average price then you wont get much calls. Advertise at the lowest price you are willing to let it go then you will get calls.
    PS I dont know why people have problems with texts or private numbers. I will answer any query smoke signal if I was able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Its the no1 Portal for Selling ****e in ireland so i can give an educated guess as to why u didnt sell or they didnt sell their goodies..

Anyone worth their salt will tell you when selling something its not what you think its worth, its what the market is willing to pay for it.
    In your friends case they didnt get a call so it was mentioned already that it was either 1. Poor description/photos 2. Overpriced

Ive never really had a problem selling something on there to be honest its the dogs bollox .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Its the no1 Portal for Selling ****e in ireland so i can give an educated guess as to why u didnt sell or they didnt sell their goodies..

Anyone worth their salt will tell you when selling something its not what you think its worth, its what the market is willing to pay for it.
    In your friends case they didnt get a call so it was mentioned already that it was either 1. Poor description/photos 2. Overpriced

Ive never really had a problem selling something on there to be honest its the dogs bollox .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

It is significantly better than Adverts.ie, and there aren't any other real alternatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keyboardcook

Done deal is ranked in the top twenty sites in Ireland.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/IE

Every ad site has a hay day, and this i theirs.

I would love to build an ads site, so if anyone had any ideas on services it should provide, I would love to hear from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

it's currently the best classifieds site out there
    i've sold a few things on it. gone in a couple of hours in some instances.
    it's cheap to put ads up on which is why there are so many lame ones there
    they do need to improve the search function on it, in particular use of keywords.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 moorea77

sonyvision wrote: »
    sorry lads if this is in the wrong place.

I know at least 6 people who tried selling cars-bikes off donedeal in the last 2 months.
    they never even got a phone call,

just wondering is any body even buying any more or is it just due to the thousands of cars-bikes and other rubbish on this site ??

Did any 1 sell an item off here recently and did you get close to the price you wanted ??

I sold my car within 2 hours on dondeal (it was 2 years ago). It is very good website to buy and sell cars (but I don't like design of donedeal website)

Advertisement