Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolf!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

wibbs he has 2 pure wolves,certificate of authenticity with them,the pups are from both these two which was an accidental mating by the way.I will ask if I can get photos of the parents and the pups and you can judge for yourself then.Either way pure or not they are nervous and not something Id be remotely interested in.he has a licence for exotic breeeds as he keeps numerous different types of animals of all shapes and sizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 mazdamps

Would love to see some pics transit.

Friend of mine from Poland has a Malamute/wolf mix.

Well it's supposed to be, I will put up a pic tomorrow.

I am not sure if there is wolf in him, but he is huge, massive paws, biggest Mal I have ever seen, he doesn't have the striking good looks of Mal.

Kinda of odd looking with big ears and long face, but paws like a bear and over 60kg and 34" inches at the withers.

I think he is mixed with a big GSD and Mal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

ppink wrote: »
    Birdnuts wrote: »
    Hyena's are the business apparently for debt collecting in Nigeria - some amazing photos on the link below

http://www.nairaland.com/480427/this-true-do-they-use

I can see the Council coming with one of those guys to pick up the house tax:eek:
    Id use a double barreled solution to that problem!

Serious pics tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 mazdamps

Id use a double barreled solution to that problem!

Serious pics tho...

Scary stuff.

nigerianpet20hyena.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

A big german shepard would look like a pup beside that. Scary is right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

I was thinking recently that the hyena has a similar sloping back and unsteady look to it as all the german sheps that we give out about from the show ring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

transit260 wrote: »
    wibbs he has 2 pure wolves,certificate of authenticity with them,the pups are from both these two which was an accidental mating by the way.I will ask if I can get photos of the parents and the pups and you can judge for yourself then.Either way pure or not they are nervous and not something Id be remotely interested in.he has a licence for exotic breeeds as he keeps numerous different types of animals of all shapes and sizes

Any chance this is the West Waterford area and the same guy breeds parrots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

transit260 wrote: »

Any chance this is the West Waterford area and the same guy breeds parrots?
    I was talkin to a bloke other night says there's a bloke in Waterford that has wolves pure breeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

I was talkin to a bloke other night says there's a bloke in Waterford that has wolves pure breeds

The ones I'm thinking of were hybrids when I saw them but since the story has changed (several times) and now they are pure wolf :rolleyes:. The sire looks the part though, won't post pics as its not my dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

If anyone sees a hyaena around give me a shout il take it ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I was listening to the radio a while back and there was a guy on it and he was saying that he had a pure bred wolf. He had it since it was a pup and it grew up to be very dog like, hanging out in the backgarden with his German Shepard, taking it for walks. It loved people and was very affectionate he said he had no problems getting it into Ireland. Sadly it died and he has no intentions of getting another (thankfully).

So maybe it is possible.... I for one wouldn't like to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

A big german shepard would look like a pup beside that. Scary is right

The female is actually a good bit bigger and much more powerfull then the male - that pic looks like a male to me based on the ones I've seen on my trips to Eastern and Soutern Africa. The females run the show in Hyena society, the males have a lower ranking then any of the females in a pack, and are treated with obvious contempt by them. Being an Irish Man I know how that feels:(:pac:;)

PS: Hyena's have the strongest bite of any of the big predators in Africa and can digest anything(industrial strength stomach acid) - including large bones, which means their poop is often pure white

Advertisement