Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bressi

Irish times fantasy golf too much like hard work.

European tour golf fantasy almost as bad.

Golfnet site Gui. harder to find info.

Is it just me or are all these NEW sites just not user friendly.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

its looks like thy applied points from the euro competition already....and the leaders are only going onto the back 9!! Is this supposed to be real-time or what is going on?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I can't see myself sticking with it this year either. The website is a disaster, the format is more complicated with two tournaments most weekends, and not being able to transfer out all your players means you'd need to look impossibly far ahead to see who's playing the following week when you pick your team.

The format last year was simple and more enjoyable and the old website layout, while basic, was streets ahead of this year's effort. It's a pity they didn't leave it the way it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I actually way prefer having the 2 tournaments. Adds for more variety between teams, gives the chance to pick up more points and gives me an added interest in 2 tournaments each weekend as opposed to 1.

I also like the limited transfers. It gives an edge to a person who does more research in making their picks.

Have to say of all the changes from last year only 2 I don't like are obviously the layout of the website which is incredibly bad and also the general pricing of players, which should be more staggered (e.g someone like grace only being 0.5m cheaper than McIlroy, there should be much more between them).

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Johnny86 wrote: »
    its looks like thy applied points from the euro competition already....and the leaders are only going onto the back 9!! Is this supposed to be real-time or what is going on?!!

The scoring from the European tour in Spain is all over the place. It's showing Sergio Garcia
    as finishing 17th - he finished 3rd. The winner - Johnston - is shown as finishing 2nd! Presume this will all be corrected but it's just symptomatic of the whole game - they have made a pig's ear out of what may not have been a silk purse but at least it was simple and straightforward.

With only 5/6 transfers a week, trying to plan ahead is pretty complicated. You almost need to be thinking 2/3 tournaments ahead in selecting players but the info is not available to do that. I can see a big drop off in interest as people get cheesed off with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

Is there no points for best round this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 camrockem

The scoring system is WRONG again this week. I had Garcia and Kjeldsen in the Spanish Open and was attributed only 65 points for each. I do enjoy the new format as it's a bit more difficult than previous years, but the website is atrocious.

My main gripe would be that all the players for selection should be on a page where you can list according to name, points scored and value. Flicking through all the pages takes forever, so setting up your own excel sheet is advisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

camrockem wrote: »
    The scoring system is WRONG again this week. I had Garcia and Kjeldsen in the Spanish Open and was attributed only 65 points for each. I do enjoy the new format as it's a bit more difficult than previous years, but the website is atrocious.

My main gripe would be that all the players for selection should be on a page where you can list according to name, points scored and value. Flicking through all the pages takes forever, so setting up your own excel sheet is advisable.

Yeah there are issues with the scoring but I'm sure it'll be fixed by tomorrow and you will be adjusted accordingly.

Not so far back in this thread someone linked an excel sheet with exactly what you're looking for, so have a look if you don't already have your own.

Personally although the site is dodgy, the actual format is very good imo, I like being able to take interest in both tours and it leaves you with way more possibilities of who to pick or what strategy you might use. Thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I got no points for paul dunne this week?????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I forgot to change my team this week!!

Who needs the winner when you have 2 seconds a 3rd 4th and 2 6ths....points still wrong for kjeldson and Garcia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭maximo31

How do i see on the IT website how many points i got for the weekend?:o

maximo31 wrote: »
    How do i see on the IT website how many points i got for the weekend?:o

On your team page - total is on the right of the blue panel.

Not that it's right, mind you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

jimmers wrote: »
    On your team page - total is on the right of the blue panel.

Not that it's right, mind you!

does that not show the total for both weeks as opposed to this week?

For my 3 European players I should have 545 points by my reckoning - 3rd, 11th and 16th. Currently it is showing 260 for them. Would have assumed it would have been corrected today.

• Advertisement

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    does that not show the total for both weeks as opposed to this week?

You're right - sorry. Actually I don't think you can see your score for the week. Yet another flaw

My week 2 debrief is up on my blog - https://itfantasygolf.wordpress.com/ - let me know what ye think.

Kuchar was the only one of the top 9 in the betting to make the top 10 at the Harbour Town whereas 5 of the top 9 in the betting made the top 6 at Valderrama!

It's a joke that they still haven't sorted out the scores. The whole layout is an absolute mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 camrockem

Still no scores fixed and I haven't been able to transfer players. Does anyone have the password for transfers and the bonus transfer?

There is now a smaller window this year when transfers can be made? Am I right in thinking that?

Cheers.

camrockem wrote: »
    Still no scores fixed and I haven't been able to transfer players. Does anyone have the password for transfers and the bonus transfer?

There is now a smaller window this year when transfers can be made? Am I right in thinking that?

Cheers.

yea couldn't do a transfer yesterday when I tried

• Advertisement

just checked again, still no transfers available

They're probably in the process of updating it. I emailed them there see do they reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

It's a **** show at the moment. Absolute shambles. Silentmanager are the crowd running it not the Irish Times.

Now all its shown for me is points for the 4 lads I kept from the masters but I'm up to 120th

still can't make a change and I just lost over a hundred points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 I Like Sheep

If it's silent manager I found a link relating to fantasy.

They haven't updated their own website since 2007!

Good Night Eileen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Im done. Way too much hassle. Amazing with all the different fantasy games out there ybat they are making such a mess of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

I emailed them this morning about the transfers not working and this was their response.

"Please note that the 5 transfers are available by using the code that's in the Irish Times paper, once you have the code please click on the banner above the team page to get the transfers."

So did anyone get the code today by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eclipse00

Hoki wrote: »
    I emailed them this morning about the transfers not working and this was their response.

"Please note that the 5 transfers are available by using the code that's in the Irish Times paper, once you have the code please click on the banner above the team page to get the transfers."

It seems like they
    1. don't know their own rules or
    2. Have changed the rules regarding transfers.

Sorry to ask you but you have had success getting through to them . Can you ask them about the bonus 6th transfer? Is it gone? Have they changed the rules mid game?

Hoki wrote: »

talk about changing the goal posts

first it was 5 free transfers and then a bonus one with the code
    and it worked the first week
    now you need a code to make your 5 transfers......so where is the bonus one gone????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭BOB81

Code this week is woods. Agreed this whole thing is a disaster! No bonus transfer seems like?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Ken Masters

does anyone know how many points Garcia got the week just gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cakes285

does anyone know how many points Garcia got the week just gone?

315 (310 3rd + 5 making cut)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eclipse00

I emailed them asking how to do the 6th bonus transfer and has the rules changed ?
    Here was the reply

Update Information :

Hi there

According to the game rules, Starting Tuesday April 12th you will have the opportunity to redeem 5 free transfer a week. Every Tuesday and Wednesday for the duration of The Irish Times / Allianz Fantasy Golf 2016 there will be a unique code published in the Irish Times paper.

To enter the codes go to your team page and then click the banner above your team and you will then be taken to a page where you can enter the code.

Regards
    Support Team

Looks like it's only 5 transfers.

Are the scores fully updated? Most of my players seem to have their scores updated but one (Lorenzo vera) hasn't been allocated anything for last week. Wonder is it tied to the fact that they have reduced it to 5 transfers?

Edit - I see from the players listings he still has nothing. Are there many more still with no points from last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cakes285

qwabercd wrote: »
    Are the scores fully updated? Most of my players seem to have their scores updated but one (Lorenzo vera) hasn't been allocated anything for last week. Wonder is it tied to the fact that they have reduced it to 5 transfers?

Edit - I see from the players listings he still has nothing. Are there many more still with no points from last week?

They're making many errors 😕 he should have 255 but showing 0, they "corrected" the pts a few hours ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

To add to all this umm...chaos, I'm having security certificate issues periodically before logging in.

bryson de shambles points are gone now also

Seve OB wrote: »
    bryson de shambles points are gone now also

Yeah it seems there missing points for a few players. Dechambeau and Lorenzo Vera being two. You can see the full points allocation in the match report link under upcoming tournaments and them 2 are just completely omitted from the listings.

• Advertisement

I was going to post that the points seem to have been sorted out but there are obviously still issues.

The disappearance of the bonus transfer is also annoying - the whole thing is very amateurish plus the loss of the bonus transfer makes the game even more difficult. Fair play to Matt Kuchar and Ernis Els for turning up for me week after week! I only had 9 playing last week and it looks like Kuchar and Els are the only 2 of those 9 that are playing this week so at best I will only have 7 playing. But in selecting the 5 transfers for the week you would obviously prefer to select players that are playing next week as well but the difficulty here is that the field for next week's US tournament won't be available until Friday night (5pm Eastern time). It means that even making transfers for players that are playing is a bit of a lottery, never mind whether they even play well. And even now you probably need to start thinking of making sure you have 10 players for the next Bonus tournament which is only a couple of weeks away. The format of the game is really, really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 I Like Sheep

I think the double points on the big tournaments will decide it.

There is no way whatever abacus they are using now will be able to handle double.

Expect closure after Players

Blog updated with this weeks picks - spreadsheet included. Daniel Summerhays with great course form...3 top 10s in last 3 years.

https://itfantasygolf.wordpress.com/

de shambles still has no points.... I've emailed them

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭elbagarihno

If you look at the Top 20 Teams, the leader, The Green Army supposedly has 3685 points.
    And when you click to view the team, it reports the they have 4342 points.

They actually have only 3097 points when you add them up - totally messed up.

If you look at the Top 20 Teams, the leader, The Green Army supposedly has 3685 points.
    And when you click to view the team, it reports the they have 4342 points.

They actually have only 3097 points when you add them up - totally messed up

Yeah, but what about the players the guy would have transferred out last week? You can't tell how many points someone should have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Ken Masters

Anyone know where i can enter the password to make changes? (Desktop)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭elbagarihno

Yeah, but what about the players the guy would have transferred out last week? You can't tell how many points someone should have.

If you look at the Transfer History it tells you how many points the players transferred out earned for the team - so yes you can.

There's a banner at the top of the page when you're on my team. Says Fantasy golf 2016 on it, click that then punch in the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 genghis26

It's the banner at the top that looks like an advert, "Enter your fantasy codes here". Click on that.

If you look at the Transfer History it tells you how many points the players transferred out earned for the team - so yes you can.

Ok, fair enough! Does that also tell you who they had as captain? Did you factor in 50% extra to their points for the major?

• Advertisement
Advertisement