Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Macduff Gardener

Interesting to note that Donald was the password for this week. He was left as one of my 6 available players this week, having used my 5 available subs. True to form the beggar pulled out at the last moment having qualified for the Open on Monday. Do I stick or do I twist? Personally I can't abide non-shows, he's probably out on his ear.

As a final statement regarding "subs carrying over" - you should note that the current No 1 team, Quiet Please", subbed 6 players just before midnight last night - and the leader of the "Team of the Month", "On Top of the World", as of 0045, 10/06/16 has 11 (yes that is ELEVEN) subs available. So much for rules!! But now we all know ...... Incidentally, if you are in the top 20, there is nothing you know about your own team (past or present) that isn't available to the other 7485 players. What do we think - good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

jimmers wrote: »
    Just been trying to establish which players that are playing in Austria this week are also playing in the US Open the following week. From sources available I believe the following are confirmed at this stage for both (always subject to withdrawal etc. of course). Limited enough options:

Chris Wood, Bernd Wiesberger, Gary Stal, Lee Slattery, Soren Hansen, Gr gory Bourdy

Wood is the defending champion so is a pretty viable option at his price of 11. Wiesberger is 11.5. The last 4 are all mid-price/budget options but they are all long-shot punts with no real form - Hansen probably the pick as he finished T30 this week.

So Stal and Bourdy likely to be in the points and Hansen didn't even make the cut. Nothing's ever certain!

As a final statement regarding "subs carrying over" - you should note that the current No 1 team, Quiet Please", subbed 6 players just before midnight last night - and the leader of the "Team of the Month", "On Top of the World", as of 0045, 10/06/16 has 11 (yes that is ELEVEN) subs available. So much for rules!! But now we all know ...... Incidentally, if you are in the top 20, there is nothing you know about your own team (past or present) that isn't available to the other 7485 players. What do we think - good or bad?

It's a problem I'd love to have! Obviously it's not ideal but all it means is that you're going to be up until midnight every Wednesday for the next few weeks making your transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Nice Sunday Back 9 charge from my Captain DJ, it's nice to be on the right side of it!

Have to say it's almost criminal how DJ has not won more, the guy is a phenom but nearly every round he suffers a brainfart or two, if he cut those silly basic errors out he'd be near impossible to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I had D Johnson, Koepka and Berger do well but DJ was my captain and now it's saying I have no captain. This thing is seriously flawed and irritating.

Tough game huh, I scored 1200+pts on a week where most only had 5 or 6 playing and I still end up dropping about 20 places to 409th.

Tough game huh, I scored 1200+pts on a week where most only had 5 or 6 playing and I still end up dropping about 20 places to 409th.

Same here. Scored 1217 with 6 (DJ captain) and dropped 50 places to 353

• Registered Users Posts: 11 POB1968

Anyone got today's password please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

Poulter is the password lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

My US Open blog is up....Day is captain (not very imaginative I know!).

https://itfantasygolf.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/week-11-us-open/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 I Like Sheep

Does anyone know if there are prizes for the League of Leagues?

In top 100 on fantasyeuros. Same people smooth on the phone so far.

I fancy Mickleson this week 28/1 1/5 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in Powers. Once had Cabrera, same course, 150/1 nice bit e.w. Ladbrokes

The Golf team is going backwards too many gambles on Captain not coming off. This is a big week. If I can change the team. Seems the team is frozen today no points added from last week.

Is it just me or have there been an incredible number of tournaments interrupted by weather events this year?

What does Danny Healy-Rae have to say on the subject?

jimmers wrote: »
    Is it just me or have there been an incredible number of tournaments interrupted by weather events this year?

What does Danny Healy-Rae have to say on the subject?

I don't know how it compares to other years but yes it seems to be happening pretty much every week, it'd piss ye off, I was looking forward to a good nights golf. My team has started terribly too!

First round suspended for the day with only 9 players having completed their first round. Half of my team haven't even teed off yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Adairginger

Anyone else have problems with points being added..2 weeks ago had Fitzpatrick as a winner and William McGirt and others well placed ...awarded 5 points altogether......tried contacting several times and zero response!!!

Anyone else have problems with points being added..2 weeks ago had Fitzpatrick as a winner and William McGirt and others well placed ...awarded 5 points altogether......tried contacting several times and zero response!!!

yeah, I had Dustin Johnson as captain last week and they told me I didn't put him in as captain until this week which is complete and utter horsesh!!e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

Is this week's competition - US Open - a bonus competition or just a normal one? The logic would be that it should be a bonus week, but the website seems to suggest that it is only a regular competition.

There is no logic involved with this competition, only incompetence.

Oscillating between 300-360 the last few weeks. Up 40 places this week to 317 due purely to having DJ captain - only Chris Wood also contributed points. 4 finished down the field and 4 missed the cut. None of my 10 are playing this week but I have 8 transfers.

• Advertisement

Managed to move up about 40 places myself(360th), not bad considering my Captain Rory missed the cut! This would have been a good week to make big inroads, most of the leaders didn't fare that well, just needed to go off script a bit with my picks but stuck to the boring big names and picked a bad captain!

Anyway my point scorers were D.J, Day & Summerhays.

I believe I have 4 playing next week......A.Johnson, Wiesberger, Chappell and Summerhays (5 Transfers)

anyone got today's password please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

I've no points for Knox Kokrak or Harris English yet

anyone got today's password please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

mickelson

Latest blog post up...finding it a little trickier this week to make picks, especially with fowler in poor form and the likes of Garcia potentially tired after the US Open

https://itfantasygolf.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/week-12-quicken-loansbmw-int/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

The site seems to be having a meltdown tonight, just before the midnight deadline, so I can't put my team in. The whole thing has been an absolute joke from start to finish this year.

The site seems to be having a meltdown tonight, just before the midnight deadline, so I can't put my team in. The whole thing has been an absolute joke from start to finish this year.
    Noted the same problem, you just have to keep on "reloading" - you would eventually get through - I found it clear at about 23.55. Hope you got your team sorted.

On another matter - dropped off the radar to 28th last week but managed to crawl back to 24th this week. Problem trying to achieve maximum player participation - last week 8, this week only 7 - but I think I have it cracked for the next two weeks when I should have subs to spare. With the US PGA not publishing registered players until the Friday before an event, anticipation is not always a good solution. Looking at the Top 20 teams - again it seems that the only way to advance is to think "outside the box". All the best to all the "Boards" readers for this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Yep, got there in the end with 3 minutes to spare. Was probably due to loads of people doing it late because of the Ireland game but their system needs to be able to hold up better than that, there are probably only 3000 or 4000 people playing the game at most at this stage, that's not many for a website to have to deal with.

Pretty much stayed the same after the European event(378th), took a chance on Jaidee as Captain, no joy there and I didn't have Stenson either! Scored points with Wiesberger and Garcia. Hoping to get something in the US event, I have Thomas, Hoffman, Summerhays and Chappell.

How's anyone else doing so far?

Garcia as (C) plus Wiesberger and Luiten so a few points there. 2 missed the cut in Europe. Up to 249 from 315 so far. However while my 3 US tour players made the cut all have finished down the field so I will slip back later I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 genghis26

Just a quick heads up in case anyone wasn't aware but the Greenbrier Classic, due to start 6/7, has been cancelled due to flooding.

So it's only going to be the Scottish Open that week.

genghis26 wrote: »
    Just a quick heads up in case anyone wasn't aware but the Greenbrier Classic, due to start 6/7, has been cancelled due to flooding.

So it's only going to be the Scottish Open that week.

In light of that news here is the current entry list for the Scottish Open for some early planning.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016052/teetimes/index.html

Wonder is it likely that more players from the US tour could be accommodated in the Scottish Open field with no US tournament?

Pretty much stayed the same after the European event(378th), took a chance on Jaidee as Captain, no joy there and I didn't have Stenson either! Scored points with Wiesberger and Garcia. Hoping to get something in the US event, I have Thomas, Hoffman, Summerhays and Chappell.

Pretty disappointing 12th and 21st from Thomas and Summerhays albeit I managed to move up a whopping 4 places. That U.S event was a low scorer in general I'd say, lots of weak players near the top!

Jimmers, I had the same thought regards U.S players looking to get in the Scottish, interesting to see if that happens or even if it's possible, I'm sure the field would be improved but probably not ethical to take places at the expense of Euro Tour players...

• Advertisement

Had Stenson (but not as Captain) and Webb Simpson (6th) in the states but nothing else...funnily enough the cheap guys who you'd often throw in if struggling budget wise i.e. Varner III, Els and Singh all were up there!

So just 5 gameweeks left in the game, 2 of which are bonus weeks and 2 of which have just the one tournament (with the Greenbrier cancelled).

Personally, I'm in 81st, about 3,000pts off the leader and 2,000pts off 3rd (which is in the money!!).

I've not given up hope completely yet on closing that gap. Had a look at the team of the month score and compared it to the leaders score...they've closed around 2,000pts in the last 2 weeks alone. And he has had normal enough picks too, with Johnson and Stenson as captains.

So there is no need to go for random picks just yet, but you'd certainly need the popular picks such as Day, Spieth, McIlroy (and maybe Johnson) not to perform too well in the last 2 majors.

There are actually 3 weeks with only one tournament - next week because of the Greenbrier cancellation and also the last 2 weeks of the game - there's no European tournament the week after the Open and in the last week the European tour event in Thailand is not listed in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

This week's password is Mcilroy

This weeks blog is up, plenty of players you could make a case for - starting to make a couple of different picks now in a bid to catch up.

https://itfantasygolf.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/week-13-bridgestonefrench-open/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Anyone know if there'll be "make cut" points at the WGC seeing as there's no cut?

qwabercd wrote: »
    Anyone know if there'll be "make cut" points at the WGC seeing as there's no cut?

Hadn't thought about that but I'd be surprised if everyone wasn't given make cut points.

Yeah, at a guess I would say they'll all get the make cut points, funny one though, technically they probably shouldn't.

Very tough to choose between the WGC and french open this week. The WGC has a stronger field, but only approx 60 players so it should be easier to get in the points. The French open field is also quite strong and with a full field it'll be harder to get place points.

Anyone know why the cutoff point is so high on the europeantour website for the Scottish open at the moment?

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016052/teetimes/index.html

It only shows 72 players above the cutoff point. I assume it will be a full 156 man field and a load of those below the current cutoff will make it? May be linked to the Greenbier being cancelled.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Yeah, at a guess I would say they'll all get the make cut points, funny one though, technically they probably shouldn't.

Very tough to choose between the WGC and french open this week. The WGC has a stronger field, but only approx 60 players so it should be easier to get in the points. The French open field is also quite strong and with a full field it'll be harder to get place points.

Anyone know why the cutoff point is so high on the europeantour website for the Scottish open at the moment?

It only shows 72 players above the cutoff point. I assume it will be a full 156 man field and a load of those below the current cutoff will make it? May be linked to the Greenbier being cancelled.

That has definitely moved since I posted my link to it a couple of days ago. I had tentatively identified a couple of players for this week who were also in the Scottish Open and they are now outside the cutoff point :(

The cutoff point has moved down now so all is well!

Yes, I am one of the suckers that took Daniel Berger in only to see him withdrawing after his opening tee shot! FML.

I almost picked Koepka but at the last minute opted for Adam Scott over Koepka, Kucher and Justin Rose (looks like his back is still causing him problems). Meanwhile I have lost Richard Bland, Raphael Jacquelin and Rikard Karlberg out of the French Open but still sitting with 7 active players into both third rounds. Will I suffer for my choice of Kaymer as my captain over Rory, in an attempt to make some headway? Suppose I will find out on Sunday, but doesn't look promising. Best of luck people - nice to see a number of new teams in the Top Twenty - I slipped to 37th after a pretty lack-lustre performance last week.

Looks like my meticulous plans for the weeks ahead have been thrown by Westwood withdrawing his entry for next week's scottish open :(

It seems that the whole of this competition revolves around last minute decisions. Not necessarily last minute before the deadline but "last minute before you push the "change team button"". We must all have about half a dozen options in mind when it comes to the next week's choices; but in the end I bet we all decide, "Oh well it's in the lap of the gods, but here we go". I have said previously that I spend hours, and I mean hours, deliberating my choices - but it all comes down to the same decision in the end - bollocks, just press the button - not once has it been, "No worries , this is the way to go!!" Bloody annoying - but it's got me hooked!! France still looks pretty interesting - got 3 in the top 10 - and as long as Scott beats Kuchar and Spieth my frustration will remain under control. 4th round - all to play for - best of luck - Oh, and huge congratulations to Wales - I'm not a football fan but praise where praise is due!!

I'm sure it was a points fest in that European event, lots of fancied players up near the top. I had Jaidee, Kaymer and Wiesberger myself... Pushed up to 327th which I'm happy with considering I didn't have Rory. Day (C) and Chappell are my hopes in the U.S.

• Advertisement
Advertisement