Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Seve OB wrote: »
    Why does this brings out the sceptic in me?

He runs the fantasy football one it's perfectly legitimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

never said or doubted it's legitimacy

it's just the whole "I received a PM".....

anyway as above, makes no difference to me one way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mojoeback

We have 3 interested, I suppose if we get 6 it's a goer?

still interested, surely there are a few more out there that will join in for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

I think I'm one of the three too. Hopefully we get some more

I think I'm one of the three too. Hopefully we get some more

Et moi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Ah gwan so, I'm in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Count me in for the € yea

I like the fact that its 3 subs, will spend less time trying to pick a team every week in the small window you get although maybe we can make changes this year before waiting on the code from paper.

Site is down this morn

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bane_86

Site is back up
    where is Soren Kjeldsen? Jose Maria Olazabal? Zanotti?
    Soren especially, he is 62nd in the owgr, beat Rory in a match play 2 weeks ago, won the Irish open 2 years ago.

Upcoming tournaments has this running til November?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

Bane_86 wrote: »
    Site is back up
    Soren especially, he is 62nd in the owgr, beat Rory in a match play 2 weeks ago, won the Irish open 2 years ago.

I emailed the organisers about Kjeldsen. It is even stranger, as he is listed in the big spread they had in the IT on Saturday.

On another note, is there a non-Euro fantasy league for Boards.ie?

• Advertisement

I emailed them as well.....on Friday.
    Haven't got any reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Bane_86 wrote: »
    Site is back up

`

Competition is only running until USPGA as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 4 camrockem

WHEN. WILL THEY LEARN. GOLFERS BY SURNAME. BY SURNAME. ALWAYS BY SURNAME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭aj89

Deadline was meant to be up until 23:59 last night. Tried from about 8pm to make a change but it wouldn't save, couldn't even change my captain.

Anyone else have any trouble?

aj89 wrote: »
    Deadline was meant to be up until 23:59 last night. Tried from about 8pm to make a change but it wouldn't save, couldn't even change my captain.

Anyone else have any trouble?

Yeah same here. There was some kind of deadline at 5pm yesterday even though the countdown clock was for midnight last night. They sent out an email this morning saying you can register up until 1pm today, but it seems like you can't change your team if you had picked it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 11 medican12

I got my team in this morning, following the email out, but it says the next competition I'm up for is in 6 days - so its by-passing the Masters. Anyone having any positive response from any particular email? Does their Help/Contact Us form work?

• Advertisement

I used the Help/Contact form yesterday at about 6pm but haven't heard anything back. Strange that the email specifically mentions that if you register by 1pm today, you'll be included in the masters.

cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Paapaa

Tried to change out Johnson today but missed the deadline last night!!! Why not a 2 hour prior to the start deadline? Most golf cry offs happen the morning of the event.

Yeah same here. There was some kind of deadline at 5pm yesterday even though the countdown clock was for midnight last night. They sent out an email this morning saying you can register up until 1pm today, but it seems like you can't change your team if you had picked it earlier

Was the same with their fantasy rugby game. Absolute jokers.

So if you made a transfer last night at 11pm will the transfer be in effect for the masters? And are you a transfer down for next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Why is Soren kjeldsen not on he list?

• Advertisement

Dustin withdraws on the first tee. My Captain!

Ffs transferred out DJ last night but the transfer didn't save. Absolute joke that there wasn't unlimited transfers until 1pm today. Expecting it to be as badly run as last year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Edgar_Murl

I dropped Dustin before the deadline and saved. But when I looked after the start of the tournament, Dustin was still there. :mad::(:eek:

looks like the tables/scores are being updated in parts lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

looks like the tables/scores are being updated in parts lol

Yea some guys in my league are on 0 points while some are on 1000+ yet on the league table the most anyone is on is 30, ****show again.

DJ down for the -10 incorrectly.

qwabercd wrote: »
    DJ down for the -10 incorrectly.

Rahm and Luck also getting 0 instead of 20. They are the only ones I've found so far

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭elbagarihno

Muck as ever this game, I tried to delete my original team (but it's still there) and re-enter a new one on Wednesday night as I too could not rid myself of the withdrawing DJ. I don't think that he actually withdrew until he was due to tee-off, which means he will receive -10 pts for those that still had him.

I am sure I'll be dq'd for having 2 teams in this even though I deleted one, can only wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 keithap76

More frustration with this game! Captain gets double points but does he not get that not double again for the majors? Anyone got today's password?

If you had Garcia as captain for the Masters you should have got 2040 pts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ShaneIrish5

Does today's code give you two transfers? Presume today and tomorrows code are the same?

Does today's code give you two transfers? Presume today and tomorrows code are the same?

In all honesty, who knows!?! Last year they changed the rules during the first couple of weeks, could be:

1) 2 codes, 1 on each day giving you 1 additional transfers each day [2]
    2) 2 codes, 1 on each day giving you 2 additional transfers each day [4]
    3) 1 codes, same on both day, giving you 2 additional transfers [2]

..or they might just say that you get no free transfers and the code in the paper gives you 1 transfer a week..

It's all up in the air until, er em, well I dunno...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Code is Augusta and I went from 1 transfer to 3 after entering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ShaneIrish5

Thank you!

Lol I actually guessed that the code would be Augusta. Pretty sure it was the same last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rosshoulihan

Any ideas on how/where to put the freaking code?

Any ideas on how/where to put the freaking code?

Underneath your team there's a banner for the code

Jon Rahm still has zero points (he should have 20) and I've just noticed that he is no longer in the list of 12.0 players beside your team on the home page. However if you use the player search in the Stats drop down menu, he is listed but is shown as not playing in the Masters.

How these clowns get away with it is beyond me.

Anyone have an idea how the transfers password can be entered using a mobile phone? No click able banners to be found!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where u go to type in the password for the extra transfers?

Hoki wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea how the transfers password can be entered using a mobile phone? No click able banners to be found!

Did you figure it out? I'm exactly the same. No banner anywhere to enter the password. Only banner under my team is upcoming tournaments

There is a banner that says something like enter password here. It is fairly far down the "My Team" page

Clauric wrote: »
    There is a banner that says something like enter password here. It is fairly far down the "My Team" page

That banner isn't there on mobile platforms. Its there on my desktop alright.... You'd think they would have tested this out on mobiles before the game went live. ..

The guys that run this are so bad it's actually funny.

qwabercd wrote: »
    The guys that run this are so bad it's actually funny.

Apparently it is a company called Chroma Sports, based out of the UK.

I suggest that the only way to get the issues sorted is to try and write to the Irish Times - probably their marketing or sports departments - and complain.

• Advertisement

I suggest that the only way to get the issues sorted is to try and write to the Irish Times - probably their marketing or sports departments - and complain.

Was looking forward to this competition. Did really well last week now can't make my 3 transfers coz nowhere to enter the password on mobile phones! A joke is right

keithap76 wrote: »
    Was looking forward to this competition. Did really well last week now can't make my 3 transfers coz nowhere to enter the password on mobile phones! A joke is right

Can you switch the mobile browser to desktop mode?

I sent the following to the Irish Times today. Hopefully they will resolve some of the issues.

Thank you for taking my call this morning. Further to our conversation, please find below the queries which I have sent to the Irish Times Fantasy Golf organisers, which are still unanswered. I would not that with regards to the first query, Kjeldsen is listed as playing in the Masters, and awarded points. The second and third queries, regarding Rahm, and Luck, neither are being awarded points, and do no appear on the list of players playing in the Masters. This is strange, as they both played, tying 27th and 46th respectively.

Upon reading through the rules more carefully, it seems that the competition is due to end after the competition on the 13th August, 2017. However, the upcoming tournaments stretch to the 16th November, 2017.

I would ask that these issues be raised directly to the organisation running the game. As a long time player (I've been playing since the first competition ~15 years), I can honestly say that this has been the most badly organised competition to date.

I hope that these issues can be resolved.

Kind regards,

Clauric

Query Ref: [#S258861]
    Date Submitted: 02/04/2017 13:44:22

Query Type: Site errorQuery Message:

Dear sirs,I note that on your website, the player Soren Kjeldsen is not available as a player. However, in the advertisement in Saturday's Irish Times, Kjeldsen is listed as a player with a value of €10.5m.Can you clarify which is correct?Kind regards,Clauric

Query Ref: [#S260272]
    Date Submitted: 10/04/2017 10:45:16
    …

Query Type: Points queryQuery Message:

Dear sirs,I note that the scores have been put up for the first round of the competition. However, there seems to be 2 discrepancies:1) Jon Rahm is being credited with 0 points. Having finished T27, should he not be given 20 points for making the cut in a major?2) Dustin Johnson is being given -10 points. He withdrew due to an injury. Should he not be credited with 0 points?Kind regards,Clauric

Query Ref: [#S260273]
    Date Submitted: 10/04/2017 10:48:47
    …

Query Type: Points queryQuery Message:

Dear sirs,Further to my previous query regarding points allocations, I note that Curtis Luck is being awarded 0 points, even though he made the cut, tying for 46th place. Should he not be awarded 20 points for this?Kind regards,Clauric

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

keithap76 wrote: »

It works if you change the site to desktop a someone else already posted, I just tried it out there, albeit it was very laggy and froze a few times but eventually got it done.

From Chromas website.

"Chroma were approached in 2016 by theleading National Irish Newspaper initially enquiring about running a fantasy game to support and grow their golf readership. They had lost faith in their current supplier and had encountered numerous problems along the way from the functionality, running of the game and also from a customer service aspect. The client was looking for a reputable company who had valuable experience in the fantasy marketplace and they were looking to put their trust back into a company to run their fantasy activations."

Keep looking Irish Times

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cluray

Game has gone from very good 5/6 years ago to absolute rubbish. Particularly the last 2 years. Why change a format that was working?

The people running the competition the last 2 years have been a joke. It's not that complicated a game and requires a fairly basic website.

Surprised Irish Times continue to put their name to such poorly run competitions. I'm just about done with the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement