Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

It's started to slowly go downhill since they moved it online about 5 or 6 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

I had a look at the scores from this week. By my reckoning, the following players are missing their correct scores:

Dominic Bozzelli - Cut
    Wesley Bryan - Winner!!!!!!
    Dylan Frittelli - 19th
    Alexander Knappe - Cut
    Grayson Murray - Made Cut
    Thomas Detry - Cut
    Luke List - Cut
    Carlos Pigem - 8th
    Clement Sordet - Cut

Clauric wrote: »
    I had a look at the scores from this week. By my reckoning, the following players are missing their correct scores:

Dominic Bozzelli - Cut
    Wesley Bryan - Winner!!!!!!
    Dylan Frittelli - 19th
    Alexander Knappe - Cut
    Grayson Murray - Made Cut
    Thomas Detry - Cut
    Luke List - Cut
    Carlos Pigem - 8th
    Clement Sordet - Cut

Pretty sure dufner and Jordan Smith are missing points too.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Pretty sure dufner and Jordan Smith are missing points too.

I missed Smith, but Dufner seems to have the right number of points (110).

I missed Smith, but Dufner seems to have the right number of points (110).

Yeah it's weird if you click into the team listed in 5th at the moment (golfy mcgolferson - like the name in fact) dufner's points haven't been assigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Just noticed they have the Zurich Classic in the list of tournaments but that appears to be some sort of doubles event this year, so that doesn't really make any sense....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 keithap76

Very frustrating but if anyone has this week's password will give it another week. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

This week's password is Willett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Went in yesterday and made my transfers. Went back in today & no transfers were made.

What a joke comp. That's enough of that.

Just noticed they have the Zurich Classic in the list of tournaments but that appears to be some sort of doubles event this year, so that doesn't really make any sense....

Anyone have an opinion on this? I emailed them that day but no reply, shock horror!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anyone have an opinion on this? I emailed them that day but no reply, shock horror!

I guess both guys score points for their position (?).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bane_86

New Orleans is now no longer listed in the upcoming tournaments.
    Just the China open this week?
    I know the Zurich classic has changed to a doubles event but thought that would be a great opportunity to have 2 winners.

The organisers really detract from the enjoyment of this. Specifically brought in Palmer for last week because i knew he was paired with spieth for the Zurich and with transfers at a premium. Now without warning they remove the bloody competition from the schedule? Unbelievable.

Even though it's a doubles event i don't see any issue with it being part of the fantasy schedule, all it means is 2 winners etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rosshoulihan

re dic

I've mailed them anyway complaining (alas not for the first time and probably not the last).

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TheFatControlle

I did the exact same. Punished for playing the long game.
    The organisers really detract from the enjoyment of this. Specifically brought in Palmer for last week because i knew he was paired with spieth for the Zurich and with transfers at a premium. Now without warning they remove the bloody competition from the schedule? Unbelievable.

Even though it's a doubles event i don't see any issue with it being part of the fantasy schedule, all it means is 2 winners etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bane_86

I've mailed them anyway complaining (alas not for the first time and probably not the last).

The real issue is, The Irish Times, aren't seeing those complaints. The company Chroma running the website are.... which they probably just ignore.

If we want a better system....well for next year too late now, think we would need to go to Times directly with complaints/feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 labadze

Agree completely re Zurich Classic. Absolute farce, but then that's par for the course with these guys. They still haven't fixed my 6 nations fantasy points tally, despite me pointing out exactly where the discrepancy lies. This was the difference between finishing first and second in the office mini league. Crazy stuff.

If you look up Irish Times contacts, you'll find email addresses of individuals there - I've contacted some of them in the past when levels of either incompetence or fraud necessitated getting them involved - definitely helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 toblitt

hi guys, chroma is now the trading name of the former S&M (silent manager) they have a record of incorrect scores and running comps poorly. when i placed in one of their rugby comps i did warn the girl at the irish times what they were letting themselves in for. playing their games involves a lot of guesswork. in this case i guessed the zurich wouldn't be included, but it was just a guess as S&M make it up as they go along. fantasy league who used to run the comps very well seem to have given notice of ceasing to trade. clever.tv used to be the best at running fantasy games but were a victim of price wars. GFM are now probably the best of what is left bar the fpl boys. it's a sad state of affairs but the fantasy games arena has largely been ruined by poor choices at the various newspapers end. we are left with a choice of getting on with it or packing up, but playing well run comps is no longer an option.

• Advertisement

This week's transfer password is Stenson

Yes Let's all complain. Who do we complain to?

Ok so no golfsixes the week after only wells Fargo. How do they expect to pick decent teams.

Yes Let's all complain. Who do we complain to?

Email the Irish Times, I would suggest. I've already sent an email to the marketing department. If everybody complains to the same person/people, somebody will eventually take notice, and do something about it (hopefully).

i think there is a problem with complaining these days, dreadful though S&M are. what do you think the consequence will be? S&M have been awful for years, they are full of good words, promises etc, but carry on in the same careless manner. so it is extremely unlikely that they will ever improve. someone said to me recently they must have one hell of a sales team given the products but personally i would guess they are cheaper. as i said before fantasy league will not be an option, i can't really see them paying GFM and taking them on but you never know i guess. to me if they get a load of complaints ceasing running games would now be a likely consequence. we are in once the horse has bolted territory it's sad to say.

toblitt wrote: »
    i think there is a problem with complaining these days, dreadful though S&M are. what do you think the consequence will be? S&M have been awful for years, they are full of good words, promises etc, but carry on in the same careless manner. so it is extremely unlikely that they will ever improve. someone said to me recently they must have one hell of a sales team given the products but personally i would guess they are cheaper. as i said before fantasy league will not be an option, i can't really see them paying GFM and taking them on but you never know i guess. to me if they get a load of complaints ceasing running games would now be a likely consequence. we are in once the horse has bolted territory it's sad to say.

S&M and GFM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

i sent a general mail to irish times (services@irishtimes.com) giving out, they just replied asking for details of the issues, i have not really been paying close attention to the game or issues mentioned here so just wondering does anyone have a list? or maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

Na probably best to suck it up and get on with the game, everyone in the same boat. Nothing will be done with this crowd, they're brutal, I'd Palmer brought in last week, grand, I'll ship him out for Colsaerts, straight swap imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

then what about people like myself who has brought in only euro tour players this week due to that being the only tournament scheduled. think its best just to forget about it and move on. were all in the same boat. still doesnt take from the fact it is fools running the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

Risky game Ingo - they might change it back :v

S&M and GFM?
    S&M =Silent Manager for obvious reasons if you have played their games before ;) now trading as chronic chroma i believe lol. GFM run telegraph games etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Does anyone know of any players who are playing in China this week that may possibly be playing in the Wells Fargo next week??

that should really be classified info but of the fancied runners i think the answer is probably zero!

that should really be classified info but of the fancied runners i think the answer is probably zero!

Thought as much!

More relevant though is whether you can carry over transfers - the rules say no but I recall last year there was a similar rule but in fact you could carry over transfers.

that sounds very S&M like, not a massive advantage to do so generally even if they have fouled it up again

Is there anywhere on the mobile site you can see the full tournament schedule (past Wells Fargo)?

Edit - no sign of zanotti on the website. He was down as 8m in the newspaper. 4th favourite this week.

No zanotti to pick was a joke alright.

Sent the email below to them today. Basically, people choosing Frittelli are down 670 points, while Pigem is down 165 points.

Dear sirs,

I note that after review, the following players are still missing points for the last number of weeks:

Dylan Frittelli: Week 2 - 50, Week 3 - 260, Week 4 - 360 (2nd place).
    Alexander Knappe: Week 2 - -10, Week 3 - 10, Week 4 - -10.
    Grayson Murray: Week 2 - 10.
    Thomas Detry: Week 2 - -10, Week 4 - 10,
    Luke List: Week 2 - -10, Week 3 - -10.
    Carlos Pigem: Week 2 - 185, Week 3 - -10, Week 4 - -10.
    Clement Sordet: Week 2 - -10,
    Seamus Power: Week 3 - 10
    Sebastien Gros: Week 3 - -50 (DQ)

The following players seem to have been given 10 points for making the cut, even though they missed the cut:

Victor Dubuisson (W3)
    Kristoffer Broberg (W3)
    Jaco Van Zyl (W3)
    Darren Frichardt (W3)
    Soomin Lee (W3)
    Romain Langasque (W3)
    David Howell (W3)
    Bradley Dredge (W3)
    Pelle Edberg (W3)
    Scott Hand (W3)
    Jorge Campillo (W3)
    Wu Ashun (W3)
    Raphael Jacquelin (W3)
    Lee Slattery (W3)
    Robert Karlsson (W3)
    Marcel Siem (W3)
    Peter Hanson (W4)

Kind regards,

Clauric

Password for this week's transfers : Mickelson

Zanotti has now been added to the list (€8.0m)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Sent the email below to them today. Basically, people choosing Frittelli are down 670 points, while Pigem is down 165 points.

Dear sirs,

I note that after review, the following players are still missing points for the last number of weeks:

Dylan Frittelli: Week 2 - 50, Week 3 - 260, Week 4 - 360 (2nd place).
    Alexander Knappe: Week 2 - -10, Week 3 - 10, Week 4 - -10.
    Grayson Murray: Week 2 - 10.
    Thomas Detry: Week 2 - -10, Week 4 - 10,
    Luke List: Week 2 - -10, Week 3 - -10.
    Carlos Pigem: Week 2 - 185, Week 3 - -10, Week 4 - -10.
    Clement Sordet: Week 2 - -10,
    Seamus Power: Week 3 - 10
    Sebastien Gros: Week 3 - -50 (DQ)

The following players seem to have been given 10 points for making the cut, even though they missed the cut:

Victor Dubuisson (W3)
    Kristoffer Broberg (W3)
    Jaco Van Zyl (W3)
    Darren Frichardt (W3)
    Soomin Lee (W3)
    Romain Langasque (W3)
    David Howell (W3)
    Bradley Dredge (W3)
    Pelle Edberg (W3)
    Scott Hand (W3)
    Jorge Campillo (W3)
    Wu Ashun (W3)
    Raphael Jacquelin (W3)
    Lee Slattery (W3)
    Robert Karlsson (W3)
    Marcel Siem (W3)
    Peter Hanson (W4)

Kind regards,

Clauric

Did you get a reply? what email address did you use?

Zanotti has now been added to the list (€8.0m)
    Also Kjeldsen (£10.5million)

Did you get a reply? what email address did you use?

No, no reply yet. Although some changes have been made to the scores, so hopefully they are working their way through

I can confirm that you can't carry over transfers. Only used 2 last week (and actually had my best week of the season so far! - a lesson there) and the 'Transfers Left' box had 1 in it until today but once I entered this week's code it only went up to 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Does anyone know where you can find schedule over next few weeks ?

Sligored wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can find schedule over next few weeks ?

On the site towards the top of the page you can click upcoming tournaments. Failing that the PGA Tour site and European Tour sites will have schedules on that.

I fcked up badly last week, I didn't do my homework thoroughly enough and took in Rickie Fowler for this week, he played it last year and a former champ but he's not in it this week, my own fault though I could have found that out if I just looked a bit harder, still miffed though!

The European tours fantasy golf limits your selections to those that are playing that game week. Pity this one doesn't do the same. It's a ball ache trying to see who is competing in a given week. Especially when the PGA and Euro tour apps don't update till late Tuesdays.

I fcked up badly last week, I didn't do my homework thoroughly enough and took in Rickie Fowler for this week, he played it last year and a former champ but he's not in it this week, my own fault though I could have found that out if I just looked a bit harder, still miffed though!

Why did you bring in Fowler last week with no pgatour event on? Stockpiling PGA tour players for the few weeks ahead is it?

Gonna be a struggle for a lot this week, will only be able to field 4 myself (Levin plus the 3 I transfer in).

• Advertisement

Same for me. Luck and then the 3 I transfer in. Also has everyone seen the field for the Portugal open. No one of note in it bar Andy Sullivan. It's a co challenge tour event. Looks like I'm gonna focus on the players next week too as you'd have to sell anyone you buy in the next week again for the Portuguese one
    Why did you bring in Fowler last week with no pgatour event on? Stockpiling PGA tour players for the few weeks ahead is it?

Gonna be a struggle for a lot this week, will only be able to field 4 myself (Levin plus the 3 I transfer in).

Advertisement