Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TheFatControlle

Out of interest. What position in the leaderboard is everyone. I'm at 168

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

qwabercd wrote: »
    Why did you bring in Fowler last week with no pgatour event on? Stockpiling PGA tour players for the few weeks ahead is it?

Gonna be a struggle for a lot this week, will only be able to field 4 myself (Levin plus the 3 I transfer in).

Yeah, I had all European last week and took in Fowler so that I could add 3 more this week and be able to field 4 players this week. Didn't work out too well, will have to get rid of Fowler to free up money now for others, was trying to think ahead but fcked up!

It was a tough set of fixtures to use football parlance, 1 Euro event only followed by 1 PGA event, hard to juggle that with only 3 transfers.

182 - 3800pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Same for me. Luck and then the 3 I transfer in. Also has everyone seen the field for the Portugal open. No one of note in it bar Andy Sullivan. It's a co challenge tour event. Looks like I'm gonna focus on the players next week too as you'd have to sell anyone you buy in the next week again for the Portuguese one

Sullivan not even in the field any more he's gone from the entry list. They really could have done with adding more of the lower European players at the 5m level considering how weak some of the fields are. The likes of manaserro would have been a welcome addition.

As an aside I actually prefer having the transfers a bit more restricted. More strategy involved planning ahead for a few weeks as opposed to picking a stand alone team each week

• Registered Users Posts: 16 xxdeccaxx

This weeks password anyone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rosshoulihan

Is it normal scoring points this week?. No double points because it's sewgrass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 toblitt

rosshoulihan;103451728Is it normal scoring points this week?. No double points because it's sewgrass? my understanding is single points but being S&M/chroma it is unlikely that anyone will know until the scoring update, including themselves. it clearly is not a major but it doesn't mean they won't treat it as one

toblitt wrote: »
    rosshoulihan;103451728Is it normal scoring points this week?. No double points because it's sewgrass? my understanding is single points but being S&M/chroma it is unlikely that anyone will know until the scoring update, including themselves. it clearly is not a major but it doesn't mean they won't treat it as one

Didn't they have double points in previous years and triple for majors. Sewgrass was obviously an auto correct you smart arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Password = theplayers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

Currently in 110th place with 4810 points

Impressive!
    Clauric wrote: »

• Advertisement

I'm 113th now with 4795, nip and tuck!

I'm up to 105th with 4845 points.

I wonder how many players are still playing though. I'd say there was a huge drop out with all the points messing etc. I'm the only one in my 5 team mini league still doing it
    I'm 113th now with 4795, nip and tuck!

I'd be surprised if there were more than 2,000 active players left. Wonder will IT pull the plug next year maybe. It's been going for a long time so you'd hope not but numbers seem to be dropping and they're bound to be getting a lot of complaints on the running of it too.

I'm up to 105th with 4845 points.

I wonder how many players are still playing though. I'd say there was a huge drop out with all the points messing etc. I'm the only one in my 5 team mini league still doing it

The less the better!

My aim is to crack the top 100, then 50, then 20, then 3 and then No.1, seems like a solid plan eh!

The less the better!

My aim is to crack the top 100, then 50, then 20, then 3 and then No.1, seems like a solid plan eh!

Staying there is the tough bit. Was in third place late enough into last year's competition. One bad week (British open) and I fell to 10th and my goose was cooked.

It's all about the majors isn't it. One bad week there and you're goosed
    Staying there is the tough bit. Was in third place late enough into last year's competition. One bad week (British open) and I fell to 10th and my goose was cooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

got an email yesterday thanking me for playing and giving me my scores

I never entered this year!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Seve OB wrote: »
    got an email yesterday thanking me for playing and giving me my scores

I never entered this year!!!

same here.

Am going to do the same as last year and not bother logging in again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    same here.

Am going to do the same as last year and not bother logging in again!!

I tried to log in earlier on. it wouldn't allow me. clicked forgot password. still waiting on an email with a reminder!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Seve OB wrote: »
    I tried to log in earlier on. it wouldn't allow me. clicked forgot password. still waiting on an email with a reminder!!!!

you'll probably get it a day after the last counting event!!!:D

• Advertisement

scott>spirth not looking one of my more cunning plans early doors, top 100 only for me, dj as x2 in the masters didn't help!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Just noticed the weekly update I got this week, The current leader is on 6,630 points.

Total Points: 22928
    Your Rank: 299

Your Best 3 Golfers
    Dustin Johnson 1207 Points
    Rory McIlroy 1072 Points
    Matt Kuchar 1022 Points

Obviously from a previous season. I haven't selected McIlroy so far this year.

Well that was a disaster of a weekend. What two tournaments are coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭elbagarihno

30th with 5765, but doesn't look like the European event has been scored yet..

Running of this comp has been horrible again this year, so much so I was considering building and running a Fantasy Golf site for IT myself next year..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭elbagarihno

I also got an update some time last week referring to a team that I entered last year or maybe even the year before..

Some people obviously had a good week. I'm now in 119th place with 5040 points.

So far, there are 2 major discrepancies with this weeks scores:
    * They've given the top 10 finishers at The Players an extra 100 points. I can't find anything about it in the rules.

* Na, Willett, Murray, List, and Sordet have no points. Should either have + or - 10 points.

Fixes to these will probably affect the scores and current positions.

Some people obviously had a good week. I'm now in 119th place with 5040 points.

So far, there are 2 major discrepancies with this weeks scores:
    * They've given the top 10 finishers at The Players an extra 100 points. I can't find anything about it in the rules.

* Na, Willett, Murray, List, and Sordet have no points. Should either have + or - 10 points.

Fixes to these will probably affect the scores and current positions.
    impressive foul ups proving chroma are still using the same people as the ever useless S&M, you can't even make up most of their eff ups they are completely random!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

This week's password : McDowell

i also felt there was something fishy going on with the leaders team, note the rule that transfers cannot be carried forward! he is showing as 1 transfer awaiting his allocation, he made 2x transfers before last weeks deadline, his team now shows J.Smith instead of Bryan. transfers are being carried forward after the weekly deadline contrary to the rules.

• Advertisement

Want to put in Matteo Manassero.........can't find him?

denis1501 wrote: »
    Want to put in Matteo Manassero.........can't find him?

Not on the list. Is haotong li there does anyone know? Can't see him but sometimes the Asian names can be hard to find.

toblitt wrote: »
    i also felt there was something fishy going on with the leaders team, note the rule that transfers cannot be carried forward! he is showing as 1 transfer awaiting his allocation, he made 2x transfers before last weeks deadline, his team now shows J.Smith instead of Bryan. transfers are being carried forward after the weekly deadline contrary to the rules.

Interesting..wonder did he avoid the minus 10 for Bryan aswell? When did smith transfer in for Bryan? Think I noticed him in the team over the weekend when I checked.

re reading the rules they are not clear as is often the case with S&M. i think what is happening is this...... you can get 3x transfers with the code from 0.01 tuesday. you have until 11.59 monday to use them. if you use them by 23.59 wednesday they will count for the following weeks tourneys. if you save them but use them by 11.59 the following monday they are still available, after that they cannot be carried forward. S&M themselves may not even know this is how it is programmed lol. can be useful. e.g. if you have six players in your team playing the following week you could make 2x transfers before the weekly deadline then 1x transfer before the new transfer allocation. regarding bryan's points no idea but would expect him to keep the -10.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Guys on the transfers. I didn't use a transfer a couple of weeks back. The following week I had 1 transfer available according to the table above the team. When I put in that weeks code it only went up to 3. The next week I still had 1 transfer showing and I actually made a transfer before entering the code. However once I put in the code for that week the transfers available only went up to 2. Maybe the timing of making the transfer is crucial.

So the following players seemed to have been incorrectly scored for this week:

No points, should be 10:
    D. Bozzelli
    S. Power
    JJ Spaun
    G. Murray
    A. Bjork
    T. Detry

No points, should be -10:
    A. Knappe

10 points, should be -50 (DSQ):
    S. Stefani

• Advertisement

Cracked the top 100 this week, up to 88th, just really scored from DJ captain and Cauley. Anybody out there clever/dumb enough to take in Day and captain him, that would've been nice.

Had a bad week this week. Looked good after 2 rounds with DJ (c), garcia, koepka, porteous and wattel well placed but they pretty much all collapsed which was frustrating.

More or less the same for me. I only ended up with DJ (c) and Garcia getting me points. Went from about 90th overall to 110ish too
    Had a bad week this week. Looked good after 2 rounds with DJ (c), garcia, koepka, porteous and wattel well placed but they pretty much all collapsed which was frustrating.

This week's password is Woods

Just one scorer from the PGA championship, admittedly it was a good one, Molinari(c) a nice haul, I took in Kaymer and Wiesberger too who done sweet f all. I have Rahm, Cauley, Hoffman to come in the US, I need to dodge Garcia who is in lots of teams no doubt.

• Advertisement

Are the wrong points showing again for the BMW top 10? Seems like noren had 610 instead of 510. Don't think they've corrected for having they've corrected for the other tournament they did the same for a few weeks back? I emailed them they said they'd look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bane_86

Seems like Wentworth and the Players got some sort of "bonus", don't mind as they are flagship events but I little write up stating how the points are given would be good. And the future events like these?
    Winners (and some top 10s) from Wentworth and the Players received 100 pts extra etc.

Will that be the same for say Bridgestone?
    Maybe the Irish open?

If I had known that I would have made Francesco my captain instead of picking one from the US.

Bane_86 wrote: »
    Seems like Wentworth and the Players got some sort of "bonus", don't mind as they are flagship events but I little write up stating how the points are given would be good. And the future events like these?
    Winners (and some top 10s) from Wentworth and the Players received 100 pts extra etc.

Maybe the Irish open?

If I had known that I would have made Francesco my captain instead of picking one from the US.

It is ridiculous and stupid to arbitrarily award 100 additional points to player in the top 10 of certain competitions, without at least informing the players in the league of the additional points.

I rang the Irish Times today to voice my issues with the way the competition was being run. They told me that there had been a significant number of similar complaints. I suggest that, if we want a better run competition next year, we all contact the Irish Times and let them now the issues, as clearly Chroma don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

It is ridiculous and stupid to arbitrarily award 100 additional points to player in the top 10 of certain competitions, without at least informing the players in the league of the additional points.

I rang the Irish Times today to voice my issues with the way the competition was being run. They told me that there had been a significant number of similar complaints. I suggest that, if we want a better run competition next year, we all contact the Irish Times and let them now the issues, as clearly Chroma don't care.

No complaints from me, I'd Noren captain. Quality trolling from the organisers tbf

This week's transfer password is Lowry

Bane_86 wrote: »

Maybe the Irish open?

as warned earlier, chronic chroma formerly S&M simply don't care. they have no interest in running fantasy comps and if they have written the rules wrongly they stick by their blundering software programmers as it is too much trouble to expect them to amend in line with the written rules. not sure where it leaves the irish times if they are sued by someone losing out financially. all S&M are interested in is selling fantasy games, they take no pride in the running of them and their fouling up and mis-scoring is legendary ;)

They've updated for the correct scores for the BMW now. Jumped a few spots to just outside the top 20. They're still showing the wrong scores for the players although not many of the top 10 that week were popular picks.

crazy and unpredictable as ever!

What points are you now to be outside the top 20. I've had a disaster two weeks and am around 100 now. Just wondering how far back I am
    They've updated for the correct scores for the BMW now. Jumped a few spots to just outside the top 20. They're still showing the wrong scores for the players although not many of the top 10 that week were popular picks.

What points are you now to be outside the top 20. I've had a disaster two weeks and am around 100 now. Just wondering how far back I am

7480 pts is 20th, I'm on 6755 and that's 88th. Still 3 majors to come, so plenty of room to manoeuvre (sp). I wouldn't be trying to get cute with picks just yet, even though it does seem to be tough to gain any ground lately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement