Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

122nd overall, not good enough, back at it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

341st...long way off my heyday (won it in 2001).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why is there a tournament listed for this week? Thought it was over Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

Deadly man - you should enter...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TheFatControlle

Anyone know the password this week

• Advertisement

Anyone know the password this week

Well thank you for nothing.

Well thank you for nothing.

I presume you're messing as there is no password, no tournament, the game is up until next year.

I presume you're messing as there is no password, no tournament, the game is up until next year.

I just bought bill haas and captained him. I was looking to get two others in.

On that note then apologies and thsvks for letting me know lol!!

Yea it always ends after the USPGA but I think they were showing an upcoming tournament by mistake earlier in the week but they got rid of it. I thought you knew and were cracking a funny by asking for a password, hence my reply! Crossed wires, see you at the Masters next season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Shame you wasted the free transfer. The rest of us have carried it over till next year.

:)

Ha hate that loser!

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/golf/out-of-bounds-european-tour-forced-into-website-u-turn-1.3195568

Wonder did our friends on the Fantasy Golf site have a role in this? :)

The website was a bit of a mess alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

any word on this years tournament?

any word on this years tournament?

Had a look for it yestreday as it happens but couldn't find anything. Hopefully it will be running again.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bressi

Usually starts week before Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Any sign of it in today's newspaper? If not I'd say they have done away with it.

Starts tomorrow lads, pic in the IT today of 2 lads launching it

http://tinypic.com/r/n5snxd/9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

It's up and running. Is anybody creating a Boards league this year?

Seems to be a serious lack of cheaper options in comparison to other years unless I'm missing some?

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    Seems to be a serious lack of cheaper options in comparison to other years unless I'm missing some?

From what I can see there are only 116 players available - this compares to almost 320 last year.

There are currently 99 players from 8.1 and upwards and 17 below that value. Last year there were 98 from 8.0 and up and the remaining 220 were below that. Maybe not all the players have been uploaded yet? :mad:

One of the lads said it was the same last year? They put Masters only players in this week and add the rest for week 2? I can't remember

pooman wrote: »
    One of the lads said it was the same last year? They put Masters only players in this week and add the rest for week 2? I can't remember

Wasn't done that way last year. Nearly all of them were there from the start, they added a handful of obvious ones they originally omitted last year like Kjeldsen. I suspect they will add more, can't even make a half decent team as it stands. Its the same guys that ran the fantasy rugby this year and they added additional players in that after squads got announced.

Anyone have a breakdown of the prizes?

Wasn't done that way last year. Nearly all of them were there from the start, they added a handful of obvious ones they originally omitted last year like Kjeldsen. I suspect they will add more, can't even make a half decent team as it stands. Its the same guys that ran the fantasy rugby this year and they added additional players in that after squads got announced.

Anyone have a breakdown of the prizes?

https://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com/#help/prizes

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Golfballix

jimmers wrote: »

A four ball in Corballis. Great course and as difficult as any if not more so in the wind, but you would think they'd offer better weekly or monthly prizes. I miss the old 1550 number expensive but just better.

What happens if you go with an oldie and he dq's himself is it - 100 points?

You need to be careful too, there are two subs each day.

This will mean either no one will continue after week one or everyone will have the same points. Surely you will just replace with the leaders each day. Not sure I understand the subs it's like Rugby

Golfballix wrote: »
    A four ball in Corballis. Great course and as difficult as any if not more so in the wind, but you would think they'd offer better weekly or monthly prizes. I miss the old 1550 number expensive but just better.

This will mean either no one will continue after week one or everyone will have the same points. Surely you will just replace with the leaders each day. Not sure I understand the subs it's like Rugby

-50 points for a DQ.

I think they are using the term 'round' for a tournament, Augusta will be round 1 RBC Heritage round 2 etc...

I can see why it's confusing they seem to be going all American with some of the phrasing like lockout, and rollback.

There is a severe lack of players as previously mentioned, hopefully lots more are added soon.

-50 points for a DQ.

I think they are using the term 'round' for a tournament, Augusta will be round 1 RBC Heritage round 2 etc...

I can see why it's confusing they seem to be going all American with some of the phrasing like lockout, and rollback.

There is a severe lack of players as previously mentioned, hopefully lots more are added soon.

But are the players there not just for this week? I think I have messed up and added Na, I am not sure he's playing....

-50 does it not double for a Major?

I am not sure it is round per week, maybe you are right but I think it was different for the Rugby but maybe not....

-50 points for a DQ.

Looks like it is being run by Fan Hub Media  from the UK.
    There seems to be some changes from last year, including:
    • the inability of participants to remove players from leagues, 
    • the inability to see other players teams, especially in the leagues,
    • severe lack of players available (as mentioned above),
    I have asked them if these features will be added, and new players included, but so far, no response.

Has anybody checked the players in the competition vs the OWGR to see if they are the top players, or a random scattering?

Careful when picking your team. If you pick your team now and realise there's a guy not playing in the Masters (a la Kevin Na) you can't change him. Need to create a new account

• Advertisement

Also if I win the 4ball at Elm Green, I'll donate it to the team with the funniest team name from Boards.. shocking place

pooman wrote: »
    Careful when picking your team. If you pick your team now and realise there's a guy not playing in the Masters (a la Kevin Na) you can't change him. Need to create a new account

This is confusing me, you can change your team as much as you like until The Masters starts no? I'm after changing a couple of players round there with no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

I know a prize is a prize but you would be feel a bit short-changed if you won the 4ball in Elm Green with the previous months winner getting a 4ball and lunch in Mount Juliet..

Deshambles in, Sneds out, no bother. You can change, but some players are in, and others are not yet qualified, if you know what I mean. They probably went by the odds not the Field. Rookie error:)

Deshambles in, Sneds out, no bother. You can change, but some players are in, and others are not yet qualified, if you know what I mean. They probably went by the odds not the Field. Rookie error:)

Still not sure what you're on about!

Still not sure what you're on about!

There are two things going around, not every qualified player is there in the list to be picked, and The when you picked a player you are locked out so you can't change them.

I was able to change Snedeker and it saved. He is not yet qualified for the Masters. I can't find a player who is qualified so I am not sure they are not players short for this week.

I think they got their list of players to choose from from the betting, as opposed to the field, and thus there are a couple in the list who are not yet qualified.

What is not simple to understand is whether a round is a round, or whether it is an event. The Rugby used to be changeable mid event, then it changed to the actual weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

Hopefully they add some cheaper options in. Very hard to pick a team at the moment containing even just one of the top players.

There are two things going around, not every qualified player is there in the list to be picked, and The when you picked a player you are locked out so you can't change them.

I was able to change Snedeker and it saved. He is not yet qualified for the Masters. I can't find a player who is qualified so I am not sure they are not players short for this week.

I think they got their list of players to choose from from the betting, as opposed to the field, and thus there are a couple in the list who are not yet qualified.

What is not simple to understand is whether a round is a round, or whether it is an event. The Rugby used to be changeable mid event, then it changed to the actual weekend.

I'm 99% a round is classed as a tournament. In the rules point 2, Season 2018 Key dates: it has a chart with all the tournaments listed it says round on the left hand side of that round 1 Masters, Round 2 RBC Heritage Round 3 Texas Open, Trophee Hassan etc etc.....

Further down in the rules you have 'Transfers'

You can make unlimited Transfers to your team before the start of Round 1 (The Masters)

Again referring to the masters as round 1...

Bonus Transfer Codes
    • Each Round, The Irish Times will publish a Bonus Transfer Code in the newspaper
    • The codes will be published on the Tuesday and Wednesday before the beginning of a Round
    Again I think this is clarifying the situation the codes will be out midweek before a round 1.e a tournament

Hopefully they add some cheaper options in. Very hard to pick a team at the moment containing even just one of the top players.

At the moment on the official US Master website, there are only 86 players listed in the field for the tournament next week and half a dozen of them are the amateur competitors so options are going to be limited. From memory, The Masters does have a smaller field than the other majors. The field will be increased after this weekend's tournaments. However, of necessity everyone will probably have at least one of the 4.0m competitors in their team.

At the moment on the official US Master website, there are only 86 players listed in the field for the tournament next week and half a dozen of them are the amateur competitors so options are going to be limited. From memory, The Masters does have a smaller field than the other majors. The field will be increased after this weekend's tournaments. However, of necessity everyone will probably have at least one of the 4.0m competitors in their team.

Think the Heritage nearly always comes after the Masters and players go there who are accurate. You need to know who is entered there before the Masters or with just two subs you may have no team!

Think the Heritage nearly always comes after the Masters and players go there who are accurate. You need to know who is entered there before the Masters or with just two subs you may have no team!

There are 4 transfers - 2 given automatically and another 2 with the bonus code.
    You are correct with regard to the Heritage tournament. However the field for the Heritage will not be confirmed before you finalise your team for the Masters.

• Advertisement

There are 4 transfers - 2 given automatically and another 2 with the bonus code.
    You are correct with regard to the Heritage tournament. However the field for the Heritage will not be confirmed before you finalise your team for the Masters.

The Provisional Field https://rbcheritage.com/news/2018-rbc-heritage-provisional-field

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rosshoulihan

Any codes for any leagues?

They have added a few more names but not everyone. Poulter was added. Maybe the people running the game are football fans, and this is just a fantasy game to them. Not sure they are overly knowledgeable about golf....

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nod3Million

Is there a Boards league this year?

They have added a few more names but not everyone. Poulter was added. Maybe the people running the game are football fans, and this is just a fantasy game to them. Not sure they are overly knowledgeable about golf....
    I emailed the company running it, and they confirmed the following:
    • Additional players will be added each week, depending on the field.
    • Additional functionality will be added during the competition where you will be able to see players chosen by other competitors.
    • There is no plans to change the naming nomenclature to include the first name and surname of players.

There were 116 originally and there are still the same 116. Poulter was actually in the original list - a premonition from the game organisers?

Clauric wrote: »
    I emailed the company running it, and they confirmed the following:
    • Additional players will be added each week, depending on the field.
    • Additional functionality will be added during the competition where you will be able to see players chosen by other competitors.
    • There is no plans to change the naming nomenclature to include the first name and surname of players.

The first scoring European Tour event in the game is not until Week 3. Presumably for Week 2 the US Tour players not competing in the Masters will be added and the European players will then be added the following week.

Is there a Boards league this year?

I searched . Didn't look like it.

I searched . Didn't look like it.

Tgere are random public leagues though

• Registered Users Posts: 7 drizzle

Why would you want to see other players teams before the deadline, it is a lot more skill full and successful competition (premier football fantasy league) to not see who other people are choosing on their teams.

Also stops the copy cats!

• Advertisement
Advertisement