Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 drizzle

Clauric wrote: »
    I emailed the company running it, and they confirmed the following:
    • Additional players will be added each week, depending on the field.
    • Additional functionality will be added during the competition where you will be able to see players chosen by other competitors.
    • There is no plans to change the naming nomenclature to include the first name and surname of players.

Silly to be asking about the ability to see other players chosen by competitors before deadline.

Are you not able to make your own mind up!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

jimmers wrote: »
    The first scoring European Tour event in the game is not until Week 3. Presumably for Week 2 the US Tour players not competing in the Masters will be added and the European players will then be added the following week.

Tbf I'd say its a case of them not having a clue how to price up the players so they're just waiting for the odds to come out and price the players accordingly. The fantasy rugby seemed to be run a bit better this year compared to the eejits who ran both of them last year.

If there is already a league please ignore but if not I created one there

https://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com/#classic/leagues/100498/join/XME55E6C

Code XME55E6C

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Golfballix

Just joined the boards league thanks MicksJaguar. I think the interest has disappeared amongst the boards crowd. Anyway I have one too TKW757XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭Rossie11

when does the lockout lift for rd 1 to make the transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Rossie11 wrote: »
    when does the lockout lift for rd 1 to make the transfers?

from the 'game-guidelines'

The Lockout will be lifted once all tournaments in the Round have completed and weekly scores have been updated
    Once the Lockout has been lifted, your team will be assigned two (2) Transfers to make ahead of the upcoming Round

So Sunday night/Monday morning

https://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com/#help/game-guidelines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭Rossie11

from the 'game-guidelines'

The Lockout will be lifted once all tournaments in the Round have completed and weekly scores have been updated
    Once the Lockout has been lifted, your team will be assigned two (2) Transfers to make ahead of the upcoming Round

So Sunday night/Monday morning

https://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com/#help/game-guidelines

Thanks for that
    So a "round" is a tournament and not an actual round.
    I'm in trouble so with some of the lads I have stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mangan_Liam

Not doing so well already and only two rounds into the first competition. Anyone have any outsiders doing particularly well at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Any chance that the bonus codes will be added here?

Thankfully Spieth did the job for me. It will be a long year though someone already nearly 1,500 points ahead....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I played it wrong tactically. I was too worried about having players that were playing the Masters and also playing next week. I was shoehorning the likes of Cantlay, Kuchar, Hadwin into my team for that reason and only had Casey and Spieth as big name/price players. In reality I should have had 3 or 4 of the 4m type players and got far more big names in. The double points on offer this week is going to dwarf anything I get next week in comparison, sure I might be able to field 8 players next week but so what if the majority of them won't score any meaningful points. The leaders this week will just take in the 4 best players for next week anyway and I'll probably have them too, so it's going to be tough to claw back any points especially with no double points!

So next year I will have 3 or 4 titans of the game and the rest of the team being crap, far more likely to score heavily that way than having middle of the road, mid-range type players.

It's also becoming apparent this week about the lack of players in the game, it's ridiculous tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ballina1953

they same to have got the scoring right this year
    lets hope it continues not like in the past

It's also becoming apparent this week about the lack of players in the game, it's ridiculous tbh.

The following is on my team page

Confirmed participants for the RBC Heritage (Round 2) will be added to the Player Pool on Tuesday 10th of April.

Better late than ever!

• Advertisement

So from the rankings tab, overall there are 6,326 players. The lowest score of the week was -100!

The following is on my team page

Confirmed participants for the RBC Heritage (Round 2) will be added to the Player Pool on Tuesday 10th of April.

Better late than ever!

Well I guess that's something.

How did you fare yourself? 1450pts and 2k odd position for myself!

391st overall. Not bad here but I think the people who did well might just like Reed and Fowler. Does not mean they will stay up there....

Well I guess that's something.

How did you fare yourself? 1450pts and 2k odd position for myself!

1960 points and position 929 - with Spieth (c), Bubba and Casey.

Way better start than last year when I captained DJ and he didn't even get to the first tee!

Solid start lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

ROUND 1 PTS

got 1370
    thomas as captain let me down towards the end
    will have only 6 runners this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

Anybody got a code in today's paper to share?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why is Spanish open not on the schedule list?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭nimbinsurfer

This week's code is 'GARCIA'

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭nimbinsurfer

REPOST

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rosshoulihan

Can anyone see scores of other players up in their private league yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

No just own rank

There is an arrow beside the twitter logo on the league page - click on it and the players details appear

Davis Love at €4M has to be this week's steal if you are bold enough....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 rosshoulihan

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rolltideroll

Davis Love is a bit long in the tooth. I would go with players that are hot at the moment. There were some players that finished high on the leaderboard at the Masters that are playing again this week.

Anyone having trouble doing their transfers? I can see the timeout clock until lockout and entered the code but everything is still locked.

Anyone having trouble doing their transfers? I can see the timeout clock until lockout and entered the code but everything is still locked.

Got it sorted! Not sure what i was at. I placed 115 after the weekend, i have peaked too soon!

Few guys in the top 50 that still have Spieth and Fowler etc as captain and no transfers! :rolleyes:

End it now, projected up to 356, it can only get worse I have Sabbatini and he sure as **** won't be winning!

To be fair to the new guys running the game, there are a couple of decent innovations this year - live scoring and live rank information.

how will it be scored as its doubles next week

how will it be scored as its doubles next week

Presume you're talking about the Zurich Classic which starts 26th?

Get points for the position where your player's team finishes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jor1

What's the transfers code this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

This week's password is MICKELSON

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ingo1984

Appears there is still alot of players missing. It claims the fields have been updated but they definitely haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭elbagarihno

ingo1984 wrote: »
    Appears there is still alot of players missing. It claims the fields have been updated but they definitely haven't.

"All confirmed participants for Round 3 tournaments (Valero Texas Open and Trophee Hassan II) will be available for selection in the Player Pool shortly."

Update probably won't be complete until tonight/tomorrow morning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Anyone near the top ?
    I'm 365 i think :(

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Anyone near the top ?
    I'm 365 i think :(

Why the sad face? That's a very decent start, you're well in the mix with only2/19 rounds played thus far, I'm 1k odd, I'd much prefer being 365th!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

It's still a long way back points wise though, hopefully i pick a good captain this week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

AnneFrank wrote: »
    It's still a long way back points wise though, hopefully i pick a good captain this week

It is really early. The Majors have a huge impact on the scores and only 1 of 4 have taken place.

Two winners this week, one as captain barely passes out Fowlers score for The Masters if he was captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 robbo1203

Very odd scoring, I had both Jon Rahm and Paul Dunne on my team last week and still only got 250 points for the week, also cant find Callum Shinkwin, Nicolas Colsaerts or George Coetzee on the list of available players this week

Did the european start on it last week? awh bollicks missed a trick there

• Registered Users Posts: 15 robbo1203

Checked with them, the Open de Espana was NOT listed for last week, bugger that. How do they expect us to play on both sides of the Atlantic with only 4 transfers available

• Advertisement
Advertisement