Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Indian restaurant in Rathgar

Options
  • 30-03-2012 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Where Poppadom used to be. Think it is called Mehek, but they don't seem to have a website.

Anyone tried it or have any feedback?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Bruce7 wrote: »
    Where Poppadom used to be. Think it is called Mehek, but they don't seem to have a website.

ye its called mehek, I'm almost sure its not open yet though I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Looks like they are open now? I'm keeping an eye on the deal sites, usually new restaurants have a deal at the start to drum up interest

• Registered Users Posts: 17 timelord13

Can't recommend it highly enough.
    I've never tasted Indian food like it. We ordered korma & Rogan josh - incredible. I'm still thinking about the rice, naan and dips.

Staff were excellent. Roll on the weekend for more mehek.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

timelord13 wrote: »
    I'm still thinking about the rice, naan and dips.
    Is that because you were serving them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 timelord13

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'm still thinking about the rice, naan and dips.
    Is that because you were serving them? :rolleyes:
    Imaginative, but no - Just eating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Bombay Pantry is the benchmark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Spikeylad

Tried it, was unimpressed. Have been eating in Dwarka a few times a month since moving to Rathgar, the food is better quality, and this site seems to have some good deals for them too
    http://www.dublincard.ie/offer/?offerid=261&offer=2+Course+Meal+For+2+Plus+Rice+and+Naan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Can't recommend it highly enough.
    I've never tasted Indian food like it. We ordered korma & Rogan josh - incredible. I'm still thinking about the rice, naan and dips.

Staff were excellent. Roll on the weekend for more mehek.

Spikeylad wrote: »
    Tried it, was unimpressed. Have been eating in Dwarka a few times a month since moving to Rathgar, the food is better quality, and this site seems to have some good deals for them too
    http://www.dublincard.ie/offer/?offerid=261&offer=2+Course+Meal+For+2+Plus+Rice+and+Naan

What first posts! Amazing!

If I was more cynical, I would nearly think that both of you had ulterior motives here. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

:confused: Do you mean regurgitated?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

garancafan wrote: »

A pretty low benchmark. Kinara Kitchen in Ranelagh (transplant from Clontarf) is pretty special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

garancafan wrote: »

very hit and miss and not fantastic. op - royal tandoori in terenure is only a short walk from rathgar. try it, its very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I find Bombay Pantry to be too much, far too rich.

I know it aint technically Rathgar but I was in Indie Spice in Sandymount on sat night. It was delish. The onion bhajis were by far the best I have ever tasted. I must try Kinara in Ranelagh as living just downb the rd from it.

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Does anyone know how well Kinara Clontarf and Kinara Kitchen compare? Is it just a franchised name or does the Kitchen actually turn out the same quality as Clontarf?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

OldGoat wrote: »
    Does anyone know how well Kinara Clontarf and Kinara Kitchen compare? Is it just a franchised name or does the Kitchen actually turn out the same quality as Clontarf?

Same owners afaik.

Never been to the one in Clontarf but the one in Ranelagh is beautiful, up there with Rasam out in Glastule.

If you've never been to Rasam, you should try it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

The Sunday Times reported that Bombay Pantry have refused to publish the calorie levels in their foods on heir menus. Wonder why ... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Fungus wrote: »
    The Sunday Times reported that Bombay Pantry have refused to publish the calorie levels in their foods on heir menus. Wonder why ... :rolleyes:

I think this whole calorie thing is ridiculous. If you're eating out of take-aways or restaurants for the majority of your meals it's not healthy. Even the best restaurants, if you see them cooking the food, it's incredibly rich and filled full of butter, oil or whatnot. A Bombay Pantry every friday won't make anyone fat and I think that level of take-away restaurant consumption is more to be recommended rather than them being forced or shamed into printing their calories. I enjoy my weekly take away and my odd restaurant visit. I don't want to know nor care what the calorie count is.

Advertisement