Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AES Waste Collection

Options
  • 30-03-2012 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi

My mother is having a problem with this company. She paid by postal order for 6 months around the start of this March but so far she has not received any service. She has called them at least three times now only to be told to wait till next week to see if they would collect the bins.

Today she phoned again only to be told the same. Its so far been at least three weeks and the bins are piling up and my mother just wants to cancel the service and go with a different company.

We're just wondering what her rights are in this situation, is she entitled to a refund? The rep from AES said all they could offer was a discount which is useless to us since we're not getting any service at all.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

As a matter of interest, mind me asking You what Your Mom paid?

Every year I have a 'fight' on my hands with this company as they keep trying to up their price, only after I phoning someone else, they match the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, mind me asking You what Your Mom paid?

Every year I have a 'fight' on my hands with this company as they keep trying to up their price, only after I phoning someone else, they match the price.
    Always shop around and get others in your estate to do the same. If enough people in an area/estate go for the same company ye may get a much greater discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Old Greg

AES are absolutely rubbish (no pun intended). Collections stopped from mid 2011 for 12 weeks without any explanation. Usual story when they were contacted, "We'll collect tomorrow", "We'll sens a collections vehicle now" etc. Collections resumed around late October, early November 2011, stop during Christmas then since 28th December 2012 we've had only 4 (FOUR) collections. Last week they stopped moved the bin then drove off, this week they done the same. We contacted them and got the same guff as previously. There was meant to be a lorry around today to do an "Emergency" collection, and as of 21:30 nothing, not really surprising. If you want a "Service" forget AES, they are a bunch of cretins. If you look at their industriall waste contracts you'll see why they can't be bothered with residential waste. In my view the big industrial/Council contracts only come with an obligation to service residential contracts which aren't profitable or as profitable as the industrial waste disposal, so they tick both boxes on the contracts but never have any intention of fulfulling the residential side. I've now cancelled my payments and have just completed the claims forms for Court as they are in breach of their contract. In my opinion, forget them and if you are paying them and not getting a service, stop paying because in my experience they're on to a winner - people giving them money for nothing.

Advertisement