Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill O'Reilly - Absolute clown!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

The "God" debate.

Lol.

There's a man living in the clouds (until that became clear to not be true), well, a guy that lives somewhere who.....made us.... he wrote a book (well, it was Ghost written) about how he was hanging out in absolute nothingness one day, and then decided to make the world (not universe...they didn't know about the universe when this was written, and in all his wisdom, God forgot to tell them...) and then created 2 humans and stuck them in a field.

BOOM, a few hundred years later the world is populated and he sends his son down, who really doesn't do much, considering he has the infinite power of a "God", and doesn't even cure ALL sickness or suffering, but gets stapled to a cross, and doesn't use his powers to get out of it because ..... it'll get us forgiven for all of our sins....

But, God, who ass raped Egypt for having slaves, decides to do nothing after his son is murdered, and then pretty much does nothing for slavery again, and oversee's multiple genocides and wars spanning centuries and millenia...

It's like a story you tell to a kid when you're clearly talking sh*t and are trying to explain where the dog is after you ran over it backing out of the drive...

Religion is the oldest form of Science, it was used to explain events such as weather, seasons, changes from day and night, the sun the moon and the stars. It's well documented that this was mans first obsession, with ancient Astronomy developing new methods and concepts such as maths and time.

It amazes me how our intellect has evolved so far beyond religion, but that it has maintained so much power (the church getting strongly involved with the state and education all over the world - no surprises there) and has stayed so relevant.

It is a scam, but it's not something to be afraid of. We can't explain everything yet, but the burden of proof isn't on those who provide undeniable evidence for everything that they call fact, such as evolution being the process of where humans came from, not two people in a garden...

It's obsurd to think that there is a concious and aware God looking over us. But then, science fact states that we, and everything around us, are energy, and energy can not be destroyed, so don't lose hope of reincarnation or an after life just yet, but it's not the way the bible or any religion will tell you, the truth is, we don't know, but religion, as we know it, is a scam. And the truth is that perhaps there was a lot of ancient knowledge lost over the dark ages and perhaps we don't know how to interpret everything that is put to us by religion, but there are some surprising cross-overs between religion and science, but again, the burden of proof is on religion, not science, and any form of religion that is shown to you today is absolutely, without question, a corrupted by man institution with an appauling past that would in no way represent a God if it existed, which it doesn't.

Oh, and Bill O'Reilly, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

shizz wrote: »
    Oh that's easy. God put it there to keep us busy so we don't notice the disasters he creates.

An assertion as plausable as most others! :pac:

Saganist wrote: »
    Why should "Atheists" have to explain anything ? All Atheisim is, is a lack of a belief in God(s). It does not assert anything.

By the way. Bill O'Reilly is moron..

It asserts that those who believe in God(s) are wrong and but yet it in itself cannot say whether those who believe in God(s) are any further from the truth than those dudes down a hole in Geneva.

An astronaut or cosmonaut melts some ice on mars and a life forms!

200px-Lisa_Genesis_Tub.png

Bill O'Reilly seems to be of similar character to Eamonn Dunphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can we keep this thread about Bill O'Reilly rather than religion, please?

oreilly_shutup.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

How on earth does he have a job where he can express these kind of opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

^ Wow... I don't get how he can stay employed in the public eye with such views... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Sykk wrote: »
    ^ Wow... I don't get how he can stay employed in the public eye with such views... :eek:

Because they get the ratings. If it's not people who agree with his views watching it's people like us who love having a laugh at his awful opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I reckon he knows exactly what he's talking about, as said, professional Troll. Like an Eamon Dunphy for politics.

Ha, I was just going to say exactly that. I don't think Bill is stupid. Like Dunphy the man has no integrity at all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

smash wrote: »
    How on earth does he have a job where he can express these kind of opinions?

Like it or not, his opinions are shared by many in the USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Whenever I watch him I can't help but sit here with my bottom lip out trying not to become overwhelmed by the amount of pity I have for this guy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement