Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deliberate misquoting.

Options
  • 30-03-2012 4:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭

I have an issue with Khannie who investigated a complaint I raised in the DR forum regarding a cmod.

Not only did s/he not investigate my complaint with Scofflaw, but even more insulting are the misquotation and subsequent closing of thread.

There are several misquotes, all of which are taken out of context on purpose and not addressing the so called reason for the ban.
    Khannie wrote: »
    That was a horrible read and you were at the heart of it. So I'll give Also, when you start answering people with stuff like:

"tell you what there bub, i'll stop correcting you if you stop posting incorrect nonsense"

and

"maybe the next time you say something silly, stop and think about it rather than waste everyone's time"

and

"and if you deem it incredible, you highlight your own ignorance ... but thanks for the rant ..."

and so on, and so on, and so on....well you're crossing the line into incitement.

While the actual quote are a little more that half a sentence:
    davoxx wrote: »
    oscarBravo wrote: »
    But do us all a favour and stop criticising us for not wanting to waste our time in the same way.
    tell you what there bub, i'll stop correcting you if you stop posting incorrect nonsense like 'they have no goals', 'they don't have a company mascot and weekly reports about the new staff' ... fair compromise?

Similarly for the other out of context snippets provided by Khannie.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77025473&postcount=126
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77027378&postcount=133

Not only did s/he mis quote me on purpose, but the thread was locked so that I could not reply to the excuses provided.

No other thread is closed once a decision is made by an admin, and from pms to Khannie, there was nothing to be gained by engaging with him/her. Khannie had reached a conclusion beforehand and was not going to actually investigate it properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

From the guidelines in the DRP forum:
    5. If you feel that the outcome to this is unsatisfactory, you may request an Admin to look things over. An Admin’s decision is final.

I draw your attention to the bolded part above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement