Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental business concept for events market

Options
  • 30-03-2012 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I have sourced a product that has a high earning potential the product is virtual motorsport based. At present there are no companies hiring out this state of the art unit which is mobile and will have the scope for a large market penetration the only hire company I’m a wear of is South Africa. I have not even considered going to the banks as they would show me door as unit costs €90.000, plus transport and storage but with earnings of €2.500 day it’s would worth a punt.
    And with not having a great track record of business, as I was just doing things to make a living learning business the hard way with no passion but this is my hobby.

So should I just keep dreaming or take some steps to making this happen??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Well you have 3 options

1) If u cant get finance forget about it (banks showing you the door)
    2) Find a more realistic dream
    3) Work until financially you are able to realise your dream and start working towards it.

As it stands even your idea if u plastered it all over boards, i doubt people would be too inclined to have a punt as you put it.. High initial cost of the unit might be a big turn off for many but again its an idea you have.. Theres nothing to stop an investor taking your idea and keeping it and thus 100% of the profits :S

The reality my opinion is unless you can get the cash you dont really have any options.. If u had the possiblity i would at least advise you to get a business plan/market research to see if indeed this could be a viable for you.. :D

Best of luck either way buddy !

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pben

I agree with you

Yes high cost start up is a worry, true an investor could force me out, I have done a mock business plan ROI about 3 years

pben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ok roi 3 years.. what is your breakeven for this unit of yours ???

And also i rock up in my rolls tommorrow morning and see you make that €2500 a day, have u any territory agreements in place to stop me using it on your patch ??
    Also can i indeed purchase it over the counter just like you did.. and obviously if so start on your territory what does this do to your roi then/breakeven ???

Hope im not being negative bud just trying to help you out if i can at all.

Advertisement