Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips Tv cable

• 30-03-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just bought a new philips 7000 series anyone know how to change the power source from the american cable to normal power cable.....i know its probably easy but i just cant figure it out:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Why does the TV have an American power plug? Are you sure it's able to handle 220V AC?

I have a Phillips 8000 series LCD TV, bought in 2009, the spec, sheet says 220-240V, that would suggest that if your TV has an American plug that it's probably 110V only. TVs aren't like mobile phone chargers, they are not typically manufactured to handle different mains voltages.

Where did you buy the TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Probably a European 2 pin plug rather than american?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Avns1s wrote: »
    Probably a European 2 pin plug rather than american?

I'd be inclined to agree, he probably bought it from Pixmania.

OP, is the plug one of the first two types below? US Plug is a pair of flat pins, usually with holes in them, continental plug has two round pins.

If you have the continental plug, just snip it off and fit a UK three pin plug. If you have an American plug you're probably in trouble as it's unlikely the TV can handle the 220V supply we have here. TVs tend not to be multivoltage like mobile phone chargers and electric razors.

PowerPlug_types.jpg

Advertisement