Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living next to a creche

Options
  • 30-03-2012 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I own a 3 bed semi which has the pleasure of being attached to a creche which sounds more like a zoo. The noise is unbearable and i cannot cope with it anymore.

Any suggestions on where i stand with this issue as I am sure as a business they must have to be responsible for noise and must remedy it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

They would have applied for planning permission to run it from the house( i assume its a house?) dont think you would get anywhere complaining about noise during the day. Do you work nights or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Yeah you need to find the planning permission, try searching on your local council's website for starters. Should give some hours that they are allowed operate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

they dont actually have planning permission for it and have just applied for retention thats why i am looking into solving it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Is it actually a creche or is it someone mindin a few kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

3 bed semi bought by someone solely for the purpose of use as a creche, no owner occupier, empty each night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

I would strongly object then since obviously it is stopping you from peaceful enjoyment of your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a creche about 5 doors up from me. Other than seeing people coming and going, I would barely know it is there.

However, my GP is right next to a creche and any time I'm there the kids seem to be having a screamathon. The doctor who lives upstairs barely notices the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

They would need planning permission and should also be paying rates as a business. I would certainly make an objection to the planning application if it is disrupting your enjoyment of your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You could also make an objection that it's a business being run from a residential property.

• Advertisement
Advertisement