Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scumbag Attacked a Bus Driver on 122 I was on...

• 30-03-2012 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

:mad:

I was upstairs and all of a sudden there was shouting and the bus took a turn off College Green up towards Grafton area, presumably in pursuit of the ****er. He got away but the bus driver seemed shaken up.

Some idiot kids (14 or so) started mouthing off at the back of the bus making fun of the situation. The typical little pack of make-up covered idiots you'd expect to find playing crappy music from their phones....

Every couple of weeks I either have a run-in with a scumbag in work (shoplifting or just deciding to **** around in the shop) or hear of someone else that does. :mad:

I'd like to think they're not above the law... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I saw a guy try smash a vodka bottle over a convenience store security guy's head two nights ago. Stories are fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Dean0088 wrote: »

Every couple of weeks I either have a run-in with a scumbag in work (shoplifting or just deciding to **** around in the shop) or hear of someone else that does. :mad:

I'd like to think they're not above the law... :rolleyes:

Presumably you report them to the Gardai so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Ahh, the humble scumbag.
    Where would AH be without them? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Dr Expired

God thats shocking....Where in this country did you say it happened ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

These scumbags should be shipped off to the Principality of Sealand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Presumably you report them to the Gardai so?

Yes.

I deal with the gardaí one a week or so.

They're helpful but ultimately we both know the scumbags will never be held accountable.

These scumbags should be shipped off to the Principality of Sealand.

In the Holy Empire of Deanianity we had our ways.... WE HAD OUR WAYS! :mad::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

Dr Expired wrote: »
    God thats shocking...Where in this country did you say it happened ?:confused:

town

:p

Town. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Cool story bro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

AH "Scumbag" Bashing Thread™ #12877.

Let's get ready to rumble.

Seriously though, what do you mean by scumbags?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

benway wrote: »
    Seriously though, what do you mean by scumbags?

Um... someone who attacks a bus driver for no reason? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

AH "Scumbag" Bashing Thread™ #12877.
    Let's get ready to rumble. Seriously though, what do you mean by scumbags?

Predictable response from benway #12877 3.......2........1......... society is to blame for people attacking bus drivers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

ciano1 wrote: »
    Ahh, the humble scumbag.
    Where would AH be without them? :D

;) It would be an empty and lonely place I tell ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I was upstairs and all of a sudden there was shouting and the bus took a turn off College Green up towards Grafton area, presumably in pursuit of the ****er. He got away but the bus driver seemed shaken up.

This has me confused, was the person on the bus when he attacked the driver?
    Did the driver follow him in the bus? were you involved in the chase?

God that's shocking....Where in this country did you say it happened ?:confused:

County everywhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

Yes.

I deal with the gardaí one a week or so.

They're helpful but ultimately we both know the scumbags will never be held accountable.

I know, Bertie will never go to jail :(

prinz wrote: »
    Predictable response from benway #12877

Touché.

I really hate this sh!t, though ... as you may have gathered. I live in north inner city Dublin, there's a well known estate around the corner packed to the gills what some of you would call "scumbags" ... if it's basically an Irish chav, which is what I think people mean. I've never had a problem for so long as I've been here, some of the kids are cheeky as fúck, and some of them are a bit rough around the edges, but they've never bothered me.

Tbh, I've had more problems on the streets when I lived in Ranelagh and Donnybrook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Touché.

I really hate this sh!t, though ... as you may have gathered. I live in north inner city Dublin, there's a well known estate around the corner packed to the gills what some of you would call "scumbags" ... if it's basically an Irish chav, which is what I think people mean. I've never had a problem for so long as I've been here, some of the kids are cheeky as fúck, and some of them are a bit rough around the edges, but they've never bothered me.

Tbh, I've had more problems on the streets when I lived in Ranelagh and Donnybrook.

tbh nobody said that it was scumbags from one area, all of dublin has them, city center is a hotspot...

also donnybrook is awful quiet... must be you're... bad luck ?

Pdfile wrote: »

In Kielys with a bunch of sauced-up rugger chaps squaring up to my mate over a spilled drink? But I guess I can't call them scumbags, right?

Never had anything like that in my locals on this side of town.

Come to think of it, most of the problems in Ranelagh came after Leinster matches and all. Bunch a' fckin' scumbags, that rugby crowd.

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    This has me confused, was the person on the bus when he attacked the driver?
    Did the driver follow him in the bus? were you involved in the chase?

From what I could hear from other passengers he was causing some kind of trouble and wanted to be let off in the middle of D' Olier Street in the middle lane. I think after threats the bus driver obliged by opening the door, at which point he was attacked by the scumbag before he jumped off the bus and fled. The bus driver than drove after him in vain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

You can call them scumbags if that's what they were, and it sounds like it, but you did say the trouble was on the streets in Ranelagh and Donnybrook. There can be a problem in any pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Dr Expired

From what I could hear from other passengers he was causing some kind of trouble and wanted to be let off in the middle of D' Olier Street in the middle lane. I think after threats the bus driver obliged by opening the door, at which point he was attacked by the scumbag before he jumped off the bus and fled. The bus driver than drove after him in vain.
    Sweet Jesus thats awful....and all this happened in 'town' yeh ?

From what I could hear from other passengers he was causing some kind of trouble and wanted to be let off in the middle of D'Olier Street in the middle lane. I think after threats the bus driver obliged by opening the door, at which point he was attacked by the scumbag before he jumped off the bus and fled. The bus driver than drove after him in vain.

I was under the impression that Bus drivers had panic attack button and the guards be there in a minute or all over the place,especially in that part of the city.

In Kielys with a bunch of sauced-up rugger chaps squaring up to my mate over a spilled drink? But I guess I can't call them scumbags, right?

Never had anything like that in my locals on this side of town.

Come to think of it, most of the problems in Ranelagh came after Leinster matches and all. Bunch a' fckin' scumbags, that rugby crowd.

he spilt a drink thus got a situation, and from what it sounds like he nor you handled it well, ive gotten trouble both sides of town, you're failure to see both sides of the coin is you're problem not mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭gerarda

How to deal with scumbags:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMzdSDrGU-4

Im sure there would be plenty of ex-military or garda that would love the job!

Owenw wrote: »
    town

:p
    Town. ;)
    tbh nobody said that it was scumbags from one area, all of dublin has them, city center is a hotspot...

Sweet Jesus thats awful....and all this happened in 'town' yeh ?

Dont know where it happened still trying to figure it out :D

he spilt a drink thus got a situation, and from what it sounds like he nor you handled it well, ive gotten trouble both sides of town, you're failure to see both sides of the coin is you're problem not mine.

Indeed.

Plus having a few drinks in a pub and starting a fight with someone over a spilled drink is completely different than *possibly* being sober on a bus and starting a fight with a bus driver that's just doing his job.

I just don't see benways' argument at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

dsmythy wrote: »
    I saw a guy try smash a vodka bottle over a convenience store security guy's head two nights ago. Stories are fun.

Convenience store??

Unless you're American you can't say that without sounding like an idiot.

• Advertisement

Fart wrote: »
    Indeed.

Plus having a few drinks in a pub and starting a fight with someone over a spilled drink is completely different than *possibly* being sober on a bus and starting a fight with a bus driver that's just doing his job.

when you're just spinning the blame onto someone or thing else constantly you're only losiing credibility is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

The 122 is some bus for the scumbag shenanigans, I see incidents like this on it all the time on the way to college.

Fart wrote: »
    Indeed.

It goes like this - girls with hoops and makeup listening to sh!te music on their phones, or young lads in adidas trackie bottoms, nikes, baseball caps, dutch gold, yokes, etc., seems to be what most people view as "scumbags".

Seems to me that a lot of it comes down to a class snobbery, as much as anything they do.

Where I live, I'm surrounded by scumbags, by that definition, but they don't bother me if I don't bother them. I've had significantly more problems with people who would rarely be described as scumbags.

If you've ever been on a 10 from UCD in to town on a Thursday night, you'll know the kind of abuse that bus drivers can get.

As for the Kiely's incident, let's just say that I defused the situation, and the lads went back to bawling like fckin' bonobos and hassling any female that passed within a 20 yard radius.

Btw, @PDfile .... is that a Harney fancying PD you've got going on there?

realies wrote: »
    I was under the impression that Bus drivers had panic attack button and the guards be there in a minute or all over the place,especially in that part of the city.

I have a panic button for the garda in my job too. It'd be about as useful as a carrier pigeon when you're being attacked. 3 minutes is a long time in that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

prinz wrote: »
    Predictable response from benway #12877 3.......2........1......... society is to blame for people attacking bus drivers :pac:

Still misrepresenting people, prinz? Good, good. Can't leave AH without its quality ****posters.

It goes like this - girls with hoops and makeup listening to sh!te music on their phones, or young lads in adidas trackie bottoms, nikes, baseball caps, dutch gold, yokes, etc., seems to be what most people view as "scumbags".

Seems to me that a lot of it comes down to a class snobbery, as much as anything they do.

Where I live, I'm surrounded by scumbags, by that definition, but they don't bother me if I don't bother them. I've had significantly more problems with people who would rarely be described as scumbags.

If you've ever been on a 10 from UCD in to town on a Thursday night, you'll know the kind of abuse that bus drivers can get.

As for the Kiely's incident, let's just say that I defused the situation, and the lads went back to bawling like fckin' bonobos and hassling any female that passed within a 20 yard radius.

Btw, @PDfile .... is that a Harney fancying PD you've got going on there?

thats at night time... try the 39/39a/77/46a... same results.

honestly you talk about class snobbery but you do it yourself...

Honestly just quit the rebuttle.

also harney is a sexy fat pig, u mad ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I was upstairs and all of a sudden there was shouting and the bus took a turn off College Green up towards Grafton area,

OP - pity you wouldn't take a similar turn off and head toward the Dublin forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Scumbags are people too..

Do you hear that?

That's the sound of a thousand keyboard warrior's heads exploding in uncontrolled fits of rage.

Scumbags are people too..

They're less than human IMO.

To be a person you have to have certain qualities, compassion, forgiveness, etc. These people are just animals.

They're less than human IMO.

To be a person you have to have certain qualities, compassion, forgiveness, etc. These people are just animals.

No, I am sure they are people too.

• Advertisement

No, I am sure they are people too.

Not in my eyes anyway.

They might be homosapiens, but IMO they don't qualify for being classified as a human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Touché.

scumbags are not people who look a certain way. when people use the word, and you immediately assume that they're talking about working class people from rough areas, that's your issue, not theirs

the OP was CLEARLY calling the person a question a scumbag because they attacked the bus driver. he didnt say they were from a certain place, spoke a certain way, dressed in certain clothes or anything. YOU decided to make those bits up to suit your whingy PC brigade bullshìt

a scumbag is someone who acts like a scumbag, whether theyre in an armani suit or a pennys tracksuit

Not in my eyes anyway.

They might be homosapiens, but IMO they don't qualify for being classified as a human.

Society and circumstance may be the reason that they show little or no conformity towards what others deem acceptable, they are still human.

Not in my eyes anyway.

Uh-huh...

I don't think there are enough face-palms in the world for this. Sometimes I just despair for humanity...

I know scumbags from all walks of life, they are all human.

twinQuins wrote: »
    Uh-huh...

I don't think there are enough face-palms in the world for this. Sometimes I just despair for humanity...

You're probably thinking of biology exclusively. Terming homosapiens and humans as the same genetically, then yes you are obviously correct.

But i'm terming as Human as someone who is compassionte, in line with society.

I think what RiseToTheTop is basically saying is that scumbags like these almost make him ashamed to be human. I completely agree.

Well thankfully we use less arbitrary metrics to define people as human. Of course, we all know what happens once you go down the road of defining who's human...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Touché.

"Scumbag" is a term used in dublin to describe someone with poor education, no ambition, a tendency for anti-social behaviour, a predisposition for petty and serious crime and is a nett drain on society.

Typically, these people are unemployable and completely dependent on social welfare. Without any desire to better themselves, they often slip into a habit of substance abuse. Those who do wish to better themselves typically do so through working the SW system or through criminality. A person who works honestly or at least makes an effort would not be considered a scumbag.

They normally live in Corporation housing but they can also be found living in estates. Adolescent scumbags can usually be found drinking and abusing passers-by in these areas. A person living in these areas who works honestly or at least makes an effort would not be considered a scumbag.

On sunny days scumbags can be found in nice parks, the liffey boardwalk and beaches getting drunk or high. When they run out of beer, they can be abusive to strangers. Other times, they frequent the backs of buses where they abuse passengers and substances.

A popular pass-time for males is a simple walk around town looking for things to steal - poorly locked bikes, the contents of cars and goods from shops, for example.

The tendency to steal is actually one of the more accurate indicators of membership of the scumbag community.

Previous convictions is another. It's fairly common for a male scumbag to have had several run-ins with the law. While honest people and smart people can avoid being caught, scumbags aren't that bothered - with no desire to work, guaranteed SW payments and a low probability of incarceration, convictions are more a source of pride than a disadvantage.

Scumbags are easily enough spotted on the street. Adolescents wear sports clothes and often wear their socks outside their trousers. They tend to shout a lot too for some reason. Scumbags of all ages make heavy use of profanity. Mothers of the little bastards can often be heard saying things like "I'll fookin' kill ye, ye little bastard". They also have a very distinct accent but non-scumbags sometimes have the same accent so it shouldn't be used exclusively to define a scumbag.

People often confuse bankers with scumbags but the descriptions above should help. While some bankers are scum, the fact that they work excludes them from the scumbag community.

People also deliberately try to confuse scumbags with people from disadvantaged areas. It may be that they believe that all people from bad areas are scum but quite often, it's just an attempt to muddy the waters.

To bring us back to the OP, if a person isn't working during the day, abuses bus-drivers, dresses in a tracksuit and speaks with that accent, it's a safe bet that they are in fact, a scumbag.

Note - I've made an assumption regarding the clothing and accent of the scumbag. Perhaps the OP could clarify?

twinQuins wrote: »
    Well thankfully we use less arbitrary metrics to define people as human. Of course, we all know what happens once you go down the road of defining who's human...

Some feel left out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement