Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to source 2x14 ballast

Options
  • 30-03-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to source a replacement 2x14 electronic ballast similar to the one in the photo attached (think it was fitted about 7 yrs ago).

Any that I have found are the wrong physical size(mostly variable ballasts). These 2x14's seem to be as rare as hens teeth.

The original one in the photo is 230mm long. I ordered a replacement but it's far too long, 358mm.

Does anyone know where I can source a 2x14 of equal physical size to the old one? Thanks.

1zh31qf.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

might sound like a silly question, but did ye ring galaxy, there based down in santry. think they are trade only but they could point ye in the direction of a wholsaler that they deal with that could supply you.
    id have tridonic 2x14 in stock but might be a little longer then the galaxy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

ask this shop http://www.goldenpages.ie/phibsboro-electrical-wholesale-dublin-city-D7/

or you can use one of old transformer balast, you need only put socket for starters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

I didn't realise Galaxy were in Dublin. I'll try them.

I got a tridonic replacement but it's too long, 358mm. Galaxy is 230mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

You could always change over to LED and you wouldn't need the ballast.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

ask this shop http://www.goldenpages.ie/phibsboro-electrical-wholesale-dublin-city-D7/

or you can use one of old transformer balast, you need only put socket for starters

ballast is a 2x14 so its probably a t5 lamp.
    never seen a switch start ballast for t5, by the time you buy all the bits and rewire it it wouldnt be cost effective.

• Advertisement
Advertisement