Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PetAware.ie

• 30-03-2012 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Just saw this page while googling rescue dogs in ireland - http://petaware.ie/funding/

The page seems to be owned by Donedeal, <snip> - what do you guys think? It was obviously published at a time they were getting a lot of hassle just to shut some people up - but there has been absolutely no follow through.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OP, I have removed the quote from your post as it is in breach of the new copyright laws.

I have edited the title and your post to remove the defamatory accusation you made.

Also - can all posters be aware that if anything that can be remotely interpreted as defamatory or damaging to the business named will lead to the removal of this thread without notice. Infractions will be issued where warranted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I think it's good that they are trying to educate the public but would rather see the money go to somewhere like Anvil Ireland because they are already well known and are already working on improving legislation in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have been following up on this. Anyone is welcome to PM me if they would like more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭whippetgood

Hi again
    adrenalinjunkie, whoopsadaisies my apologies I didn't realise that, and I have now noted that for future postings.

I think it is good they are trying to educate the public too. I was glad to have found the website, and read the information but when I realised that it is now a year since the site was put up, and there is still no mention of where the money has gone I started to think it was strange. The Donedeal site has loads of animals for sale on it and I just imagined them promoting this petaware site way back to make people think it was ok to do such and such because , and then provide a link to that. If there is no follow through on the donation they promised that's a bad buzz!

Ah, I guess my point is that it seems like more of a promotion tool for Donedeal than a helping animals site. I don't know maybe i'm just reading too much into it.
    Discodog I will PM you now, thanks for replying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭whippetgood

I think it's good that they are trying to educate the public but would rather see the money go to somewhere like Anvil Ireland because they are already well known and are already working on improving legislation in Ireland.

wasn't aware of Anvil Ireland I will have a look now thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement