Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it hard to rent a house in Athenry?

Options
  • 30-03-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Our family home up until Nov last, is for rent(a three bed simi-d) in a nice estate.
    I painted the inside top to bottom and put it on the 'Galway Advertiser', nothing came of it, so I gave it to an Auctioneer to let it, was on daft, had a few viewings, but nothing. We moved 35miles from Athenry so I cant be poping around to show it too often.
    In an ideal world I would like to sell, but its not an option I think and it is costing us a fortune every month its empty.
    Any ideas to get it rented?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved from Galway County to Accommodation & Property for suggestions on how to rent the house out.
    Advertiser and daft would be my suggestions but you already tried them.
    How is it priced compared to other houses in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

PUT in ad will take rent allowance, if you,ll take on a single mother or go to council they have scheme ,they rent house for 3 or 4 years .THEY select the tenant, it,ll likely be a single mother.
    That way you are gauranteed the rent for 3 years approx.
    OR just reduce the rent.Many towns have too many empty ,houses, apartments due too bad planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martin 11

clogher71 wrote: »
    Hi All

Our family home up until Nov last, is for rent(a three bed simi-d) in a nice estate.
    I painted the inside top to bottom and put it on the 'Galway Advertiser', nothing came of it, so I gave it to an Auctioneer to let it, was on daft, had a few viewings, but nothing. We moved 35miles from Athenry so I cant be poping around to show it too often.
    In an ideal world I would like to sell, but its not an option I think and it is costing us a fortune every month its empty.
    Any ideas to get it rented?

Thanks
    i am looking to rent a house in athenry long term if house is still available i would be interested contact me on 0894941554 as soon as possible thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Hi Martin,

Thanks, Got the house rented in May after nearly six months!!

Advertisement